Skip navigation

Whats wrong with all you mk1 owners

Back to the top

Whats wrong with all you mk1 owners

E38

FORUM GUIDELINES

- We LOCK all offensive threads without warning.

- Everytime we delete a thread or post for being offensive we issue the user a warning

- We reserve the right to remove users at will and without warning or negotiation.

- Dont hijack other peoples posts.

Thats why you don't see 'Negative' posts on E38 , fact .

Back to the top

maccagti said

i was going to write a really long post about about how no matter what site you go on there will be cliques and people that disagree with you because tou did or didnt do something they dont like, for eg, ed38 if you hav a standard car people wont like you cuz its not slammed and runnin stretch tyres, or on here if you do that, people may not like it if they're purists, theres no point trying to find a thousand people that all think the same thing cuz it jus aint gonna happen. my best advice is stick to the sites that you like the most, if you dont like it here, go sumwhere esle…

but then i thort i just cant be bothered cuz no-one will listen to me as im such an old fart (22)

Like you i wasnt going to comment on this but i couldnt agree more on the ED38 thing.I hate that site with a passion,full of clicky peeps/timewasters and cheque book car `crews`.I wouldnt post on there if you paid me.
I agree with Lawsy,way too much negativity lately and thats why i personally dont bother with the VW scene anymore hence selling all my dubs and parts.

keep on keeping on

Back to the top
Why is it called Edition 38 anyway?

Someone once told me it was because VW started in 1938 but that simply isn't true.  It was 1934 that Ferdinand Porsche was comissioned to create the peoples car.  the first prototypes was built in 1936 and five cars hit the road in 1937.  The cars apparently built in 1938 were just re-boddied press prototypes driven around Germany as propeganda cars.

So, why E38 then?

I had a look on that site a while ago.  Didn't much like it.  Every thing I hear from E38 doesn't enamour me to the club either.

I like it here.  Sometimes it gets a bit heated, sometimes people are a bit curt (I'm guilty of that at times) but if you have an opinion based on fact or experience, you are free to express it here without fear of eing warned about your "behaviour" unlike some forums.

Back to the top
i must admit if i want to see show cars ill go to e38 and check out readers rides.

if i want knowledge and info ill come here.

i don't seem to have noticed any/many bad posts on this site, except once when it was old people moaning about young.  

anyone want to name and shame the people causing trouble?

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
I own a mk3 and still post hear lol.  I like it because people talk about what they want to talk about and its not just car related.. Its a good website and im not leaving lol.. All i was trying to say is that people have to accept others peoples views on things rather than going over the top if they dont like somthink

Back to the top

Lawsy said

maccagti said

i was going to write a really long post about about how no matter what site you go on there will be cliques and people that disagree with you because tou did or didnt do something they dont like, for eg, ed38 if you hav a standard car people wont like you cuz its not slammed and runnin stretch tyres, or on here if you do that, people may not like it if they're purists, theres no point trying to find a thousand people that all think the same thing cuz it jus aint gonna happen. my best advice is stick to the sites that you like the most, if you dont like it here, go sumwhere esle…

but then i thort i just cant be bothered cuz no-one will listen to me as im such an old fart (22)

about what i ws thinking..
i had a look round a few other forums, most have people who liek to slate/tell you whats wrong  :banghead: but wont step up when helps needed..

Yes there's a few negative peep on here., there's afew that liek to pick up on every little error.. but if you cant deal with it, go elsewhere or get a life….

I dont know about anyone else,but I'm getting fed up with all these negative threads, lets have some positive ones shall we….

Totally agree, VR6OC is great, E38 is ok i find, CGTI is alright too, Corrado forum is a bit cliquey with a few complete *********** i do find this site easy to post on, sure theres a few sqaubles, usually when someone who is clearly wrong or just out to wind people up and wont back down, but hey thats life, si the mk1 owners cclub a great place to be a member or contributor? in the words of Ray Mccooney
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.