Skip navigation

Whats wrong with all you mk1 owners

Back to the top

Whats wrong with all you mk1 owners

Aww why are we even bothering rising to the bait.

We've obviously all got serious issues stemming from childhood (probably)
It all boils down to our anally retentive love of the mk1 which inadvertently becomes a detriment to the anal-retentive persons in question as we all have very meticulous views on what Mk1's should and shouldn't be.

Therefore my advice would be to take everyone that comments on a post that doesn?t help you with a pinch of salt and stop wasting mine and everyone?s time having to read/response to this cr*p
NB to moderators: Is it possible to give the author of a post the rights to delete useless comments on a thread this would definitely help cutting out the cr*p

I personally think I?m disturbed with this obsession of mk1?s but it makes me feel better to know I?m not alone, and great to here everyone?s opinion whether good or bad.
Final note don?t follow the crowd because they said so, do what YOU like as there is something wrong with you if you?re owning/building mk1?s to impress other people as my dad told me no one likes a show-off. Put some heart into it, that?s what we all enjoy.

My excuse for wasting my time on this thread is: it beats working, what?s yours?

There ain?t no love like a mk1 love,
What ever is first is always the best

For those interested ?Anally Retentive? comes from:
?In the psychology of Freud, the anal stage is said to follow the oral stage of infant/early-childhood development. This is a time when an infant's attention moves from oral stimulation to anal stimulation (usually the bowels but occasionally the bladder), usually synchronous with learning to control their excretory functions, a time of toilet training. Freud theorized that children who experience conflicts during this period of time may develop "anal" personality traits, namely those associated with a child's efforts at excretory control: orderliness, stubbornness, a compulsion for control, as well as a generalized interest in collecting, possessing, and retaining objects. Those whose anal characteristics continue into later life are said to be "anal retentive", or conversely, those who reject anal characteristics are said to have "anal expulsive" personality types. Some believe this to be a mild expression of obsessive-compulsive disorder or obsessive-compulsive personality disorder.
Although Freud's theories on early childhood have been influential on the psychological community, research suggests that the overall pattern of parental attitudes has a much more concrete effect on how an infant will grow up. There is no conclusive research linking anal stage conflicts with anal personality types?

Maybe we could solve the wider picture of Freud?s theory by asking our parents what happened during this stage and put a study together or whether it was our parent?s attitudes

PM me if interested (Seriously please don't)

Actually I?m going to start another thread:

When you first knew you loved Mk1 Golf?s:
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=296514#296514

Lol what the hell am I talking about I?ve lost the plot are you still reading this get a grip!!!!! We need to stop drivel like this somehow!?!?!?

XXX

Back to the top
^^^^LMAO  :lol:

82 golf cabrio (long term project)
83 golf driver (now a gti)
87 mk1 caddy
2004 landrover defender
2014 landrover defender 

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

YAWN!

so bloody boring these threads, next person to make one is a loser.

im not even joking either I don't know about everyone else but i'm sick of reading them..

yep me 2.

if you dont like it go away.

Back to the top

Dowesy said

Final note……………

Good read Dowesy, but soon as you started with "Final note" I thought of this  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

phatVR6 said

I think the point people need to accept other peoples views..

Have your say say once but theres no need to leave nuff posts trying to prove your right or somone else is wrong.. Just a difference in opion… some people need relise that some people may think differenly to them and accept it

A lot of us belong to many forums :wink:  now i sold my Higline VR6 so i spend more time on the corrado forum, its not as good as VR6OC (I have some good buddys from there) It is a good forum for sure, i also got my mk1 so i come on here, obviously there are a few tools, they know who they are and hopefully they will start ot drift off somewhere else

Now i dunno about anyone else, but i dont think i would shout out loudly about why people should like or dislike something, I keep my OWN values and opinions on certain things and I like what i like, not for anyone elses benefit, for instance using an avtar pic of a mk3 with a bad boy bonnet and halo lamps, or doing that to any mk3 could also be seen as sad and a bit "chav" but each to their own

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
i guess this contradicts the point, because this thread was started saying we all ignore stuff.. but what was said was extremely contraversial, and we've all had a pop at it :D

ruining the message of the thread :lol:

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top

mk1collector said

^^^And this post compleats the circle EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, i prefer to take everything thats said on forums that may upset as a joke because thats how it's usually writen :wink:

:lol: hehe ive always been told im spechual  :oops:

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
I like this forum because:

1. If you have a serious question, you?ll get a serious answer from people that care about Mk1s and want to help
2. If you want to say anything - from what happened in your day, to what haircut you?ve had or why the world and his wife are snobs/chavs/floppy drivers/scum of the earth/brilliant ? you can say it and whoever chooses to read it will agree or disagree with you.

It?s hardly the comments section on youtube now, is it?

1982 1.8 GTI Mars Red

Back to the top

GingerMatti said

I like this forum because:

1. If you have a serious question, you?ll get a serious answer from people that care about Mk1s and want to help
2. If you want to say anything - from what happened in your day, to what haircut you?ve had or why the world and his wife are snobs/chavs/floppy drivers/scum of the earth/brilliant ? you can say it and whoever chooses to read it will agree or disagree with you.

It?s hardly the comments section on youtube now, is it?

yep ill agree on number 1! if its mk1 related i always get a good answer on here

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top

GingerMatti said

chavs/floppy drivers/scum of the earth

Is that a dig at cabby drivers? 8O  :lol:

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

Is that a dig at cabby drivers?

floppy drivers/brilliant
 :lol:

1982 1.8 GTI Mars Red

Back to the top

Re: Whats wrong with all you mk1 owners

phatVR6 said

WTH is wrong with all you mk1 owners?  Your all care to much about what everyone else says.  I post on VR6oc and ed38 and non of this stuff goes on..  On vr6oc people have a joke and abit of bannter but noone gets serious about it…

Generaly if you say somthink that somone else doesn't agree with or your talking bollucks then people will just ignore the fact you've ever posted and carry on…

Your all to blame.. You old ones for thinking and exspresing your feeling where you think your right on a subject, strecthed tyres for example… If you don't like them then thats your problem.. leave the young ones to do as they want and just ignore the fact that they are somtimes talking out there arses.  If you argue with who is right and who is wrong then thats going to cause arguments isn't it… Have your say ONCE and then leave it at that.. If what you say first doesn't work then then your wasting your time just because somone doesnt belive you doesn't make you wrong.. u dont need to prove yourself

The young bods… why do you care if the old people on hear don't like streched tyres smoothed door handles driving fast ect. Theres always going to be a difference in what people think.. If they don't like what yours saying then just ignore them and the fourm will run smooth

I agree with you… To a point.

All users of the forum should feel able to express a view regardless of other influences and without feeling like they will be shot down in flames.  however i don't think that age is directly related,  some users are very confrontational and it isn't always related to age, just general personality.

I am argumentative by nature and like to analyse and discuss views to death, but i don't tell other forum users to STFU or leave, as i simply have no right to do so.

If I don't like the topic, I don't post
If I don't think I will get a sensible response, I don't post
For everything else, I put my point across and accept all opinions even if I don't agree…

I'm 38,  just about ready for involuntary noises when i get up off the floor.

Back to the top

funk-star said

GingerMatti said

Is that a dig at cabby drivers? 8O  :lol:

Yeah it sounds like one, but fortunately there is no known cure for Gingerness or pale skin so he carries the burden :lol:  but im happy in being dark haired, bronzed skinned, floppy driving poof :lol:

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

Back to the top

Re: Whats wrong with all you mk1 owners

emm said

I'm 38,  just about ready for involuntary noises when i get up off the floor.

Oh bugger, I'm only about to make 37 and I already do that! :roll:  :lol: (Do it when I sit down too!!)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
:lol:  you only have to worry if you stop noticing you have done it :wink:

Back to the top
There is only one possible response to this thread and here it is…

- YouTube

^^^ how cool is that?!?!?!  Look at it go!

Erm, what was this thread about again?  Quick Golfs yeah?

Back to the top
V8 - OMG! :twisted:

Yep, quick Golfs Steve, you're right!! :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

V8 - OMG! :twisted:

Yep, quick Golfs Steve, you're right!! :wink:

I'd settle for a v1 right now.. lol

Slow is better than nothing…

Back to the top
i was going to write a really long post about about how no matter what site you go on there will be cliques and people that disagree with you because tou did or didnt do something they dont like, for eg, ed38 if you hav a standard car people wont like you cuz its not slammed and runnin stretch tyres, or on here if you do that, people may not like it if they're purists, theres no point trying to find a thousand people that all think the same thing cuz it jus aint gonna happen. my best advice is stick to the sites that you like the most, if you dont like it here, go sumwhere esle…

but then i thort i just cant be bothered cuz no-one will listen to me as im such an old fart (22)

Back to the top

maccagti said

i was going to write a really long post about about how no matter what site you go on there will be cliques and people that disagree with you because tou did or didnt do something they dont like, for eg, ed38 if you hav a standard car people wont like you cuz its not slammed and runnin stretch tyres, or on here if you do that, people may not like it if they're purists, theres no point trying to find a thousand people that all think the same thing cuz it jus aint gonna happen. my best advice is stick to the sites that you like the most, if you dont like it here, go sumwhere esle…

but then i thort i just cant be bothered cuz no-one will listen to me as im such an old fart (22)

about what i ws thinking..
i had a look round a few other forums, most have people who liek to slate/tell you whats wrong  :banghead: but wont step up when helps needed..

Yes there's a few negative peep on here., there's afew that liek to pick up on every little error.. but if you cant deal with it, go elsewhere or get a life….

I dont know about anyone else,but I'm getting fed up with all these negative threads, lets have some positive ones shall we….
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.