Skip navigation

mk1 16V ABF finally finished !

Back to the top

mk1 16V ABF finally finished !

After a long time my Mk1 is finally going for a MOT. We had some problems with the servo being too small as i had left the original 17mm item on and the GTi brakes needed a 20mm. Got the banded steels on with 195.45.14 Falkens, they are 8" at back and 7" up front. Drove it for the first time today and was very happy with the performance, tne choice of the 1500 Gl gear box from a Sirroco was a good one, the acceleration is fab.!

Back to the top
wow, she looks mint, got any pics of the engine in?

Back to the top
Wow, I really like that! Some subtle mods. Nice one mate :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
looks well nice any bay pics?? 8)

Back to the top
very nice John I bet your happy….tis loverly  8)

Back to the top
it looks new!!!

Good work.Any photos of the engine or swap process??

Back to the top
lovely work mate, is it a non sunroof model?

Back to the top
its a none sun roof base model 1.0l N, 39500 miles, very clean with no rust, big job as we swaped to five speed etc., new rack,new engine loom, new tank, new brakes  (gti) using remote servo now under passanger side dash tray. the engine shots are when not finished, forgot to take some of it currently, will post later.

No sun roofs rule !, used the gear box from 1500 GX Sirroco and its a Power Flow system made in Leeds, with Storm Dev. manifold, FK coilovers, MJ interior, Retro Rabbits mirrors, rare Momo wheel, race battery in front of shifter in NOS Kamei tray.

Back to the top
Tidy engine bay. Did you get the gearknob off ebay recently? Remember seeing one

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
hi mate, what did you do with the wiring, as mine is taking a little longer than expected at the moment. cheers joe

Back to the top
small question why did you put the battery in the centre console? would it not have been better aesthetically in the spare wheel well out the way? then you could have had a gti centre console with the gauges in?

other than that looks nice

what bumpers are they? from a early mk2?

did it go through mot with the banded wheels on? im thinking of getting some done, where did you get them done also? an obv how much

sorry for all the questions haha!

looks real cool what further plans have you got for her?

Back to the top
Spare wheel well has got a spare wheel in it !! as i will be using the car daily and travelling to Europe in it, it makes sence to carry a full size spare, its not a GTi so did not want the console,(less is more and all )you will be asking why i did not fit tinted glass and full arch set next ?!  :lol:  and the oil temp, oil pressure and rev. counter are all in the ash tray space, using a original Zender holder, keeped the original clocks in the dash. Wheels from Wide Wheels who are local to me. At 45 with family and having owned countless Mk1's i had a pretty goood idea what i wanted from this project, and writing for the Golf + for over eight years i have been in most of the Uks top mk1's, or at least judged them at some point. The bumpers are Mk1 with trim added and why would anyone fit Mk2 bumpers to a Mk1? Hope that anwers all your questions ! regards John Gledhill

Back to the top
Looking good.

Quite like the look on the seats, must of cost a bob or two, mind you they would at MJ's.

:wink:

A nice little cover for the battery would look good, would hardly see it then.

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
Looks awesome does that mate loving them wheels

Got a question for ya, I also have a Golf N 1.1. I am wanting to put a ABF in mine but on carbs. Wot will I have to change?

Back to the top
do not need to change too much if you use carbs, better fuel pump for sure and may be go to five speed.
Anyway shot of the bay as requested

Back to the top
How is the exhaust quality, price and fitment etc?

Back to the top
Thats fully nice.

Like the steelies.

Fair play.

Back to the top
And aha i have to agree with price SPear wheel well is obv for a spear wheel.
:)

And How much the wheels cost you?

Im wanting mk4/mk3 golf steel wheels widend.

They look nice in gold too.

Back to the top
V.  nice John 8)

Cheers ……….

Back to the top
Hi,

Looks a very good job, well done!

Did you have any problems with bonnet clearance?

Also what manifold did you use?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.