Skip navigation

Wing mirrors

Back to the top

Wing mirrors

I think the only thing about the mk1 that i can truely say i don't like is the wing mirrors, just wondering what options are available for changing them and what others have done? Pics would be good.

Back to the top
my personal favs are manta 500 mirrors (sometimes known as engelmanns) but anything is possible bullet mirrors, carbon f1 style racing mirrors, iron cross ones etc. ebay is a great place to start looking

Back to the top
same here cant see anything out of the passenger mirror, i suppose because it was only really meant for the LHD market

Back to the top
These are the best alternative mirrors I've seen:

(englemanns)

Whatever you do, don't put M3 mirrors on  8O

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

Back to the top
Standard flag mirrors look best if ya ask me, colour coded or chrome

Back to the top
I think the standard mirrors are alright, its just were vw mounted them thats the problem! i have to crane my neck to see anything in them!!! its easier just to turn round or put your head out the window!

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
Yeah I actually think you are right its just where they are on the door I find it a little odd.

Quite like the engelmanns, I had some mirrors on my old mini clubman that were a vaugely similar shape only they mounted differently. Wonder if they'd work, I thought they'd be too roundy for the golf at first but seeing the engelmanns I'm not sure now.

What do you reckon - sorry for the pic showing them that well but its the best I've got.

Whatever you do, don't put M3 mirrors on

Please give me credit for having some taste  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
i was thinking about changing my mirrors but the original once have the car reg on so im gona keep them on , that way its all the same if you get what i mean  :wink:

Back to the top

steamo said

Lovely Clubby  :mrgreen:

2 1983 Campains (concours & track)
1985 Blue GTi Ragtop
2001 Bora Estate TDi SE (very very rare)
2000 Golf TDI commuter
2005 T5 Transporter with 394000 miles on it!

Back to the top
Cheers Juz, took a while to get it like that from a knackered old 1100. Once it was done I loved it, one of those that I wish I still had.

Still not sure if the mirrors would work on a Mk1 though.

Back to the top
i don't have any problems with the mirrors on the mark 1 but then i'm almost sat in the back seat when i drive.

Back to the top
Those mirrors would look good i think, the ones on the red un look sweet

Im usually im not a mini fan, but that clubman does look good i must say 8)

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Look what I found - those look like the ones (pic lifted from the everybodies favourite thread - hope no one minds). Don't suppose anyones got more pics of this one. I'm liking them so far though.

Cheers for the mini appriciation as well.

Back to the top
the engelmanns look cool but i dont fancy having to fill the original holes to relocate the mirrors just because i like the shape tbh, plus its way beyond my capabilitys and finance range lol

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Volksaction F

Back to the top
Think you can buy blanks for the original holes, if I change the mirrors on mine I'll be using the blanks to fill the original holes and fitting the new ones in the corner of the quater window (not sure how yet but I'll think of something) to avoid having to drill the doors and making sure it can be put back to original easily.

Back to the top

steamo said

Look what I found - those look like the ones (pic lifted from the everybodies favourite thread - hope no one minds). Don't suppose anyones got more pics of this one. I'm liking them so far though.

Cheers for the mini appriciation as well.

Thats Rileys mk1 (He runs the Volksdevil site), they're the Manta ones.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Cheers. They look like they're mounted differently to the other manta pictures thats all. Look nice all the same and  similar to the ones I'm thinking of.

Back to the top
Hello mate,

The mirrors pictured on my ol' mk1 (rip) above were actually Sebrings :)
I still have them safely packaged away…

Neil.

Volksdevil.com - Gone but not forgotten | CorradoG60.co.uk

Back to the top
could be a bit different and put some chrome bullet style ones on the wings?  :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.