Back to the top

r32 engine in a mk1?

possible or pointless?

Back to the top
defo possible, fits in nice and snuggly with room for a turbo

Back to the top
not a turbo fan reli bout charger? saw a mk2 in PVW with twin chargers haaha

Back to the top
Possible. I've seen it done once (not in the flesh though). Also worth bearing in mind that the R32 is obviously in the era where catalytic converter is a requirement. With the age of the Mk1 you don't need a cat, so you can swap the cam, run aftermarket engine management (good idea anyway, since the stock ECU would be tied via the immobiliser to the ignition key) and easily see 270-280bhp. Which would be unusable day-to-day, but useful for drag racing, etc.

Bear in mind also, that the parts would be very expensive, much more than the VR6. For example, most R32s are newish cars so to buy one as a Cat C would mean its had a BIG smash to be written off. And it would still be worth ?1500-2000 in parts, probably. Bear in mind the inlet manifold and sump are costly parts (~?1000), tend to get damaged in accidents, and are made of alloy so can't be easily repaired or just be dented.

Also you'd need to swap the transmission for another, since the stock R32 one would be 4wd and possibly DSG (or take on some kind of standalone electronic management and disable the RWD part of it). I believe (not sure) the R32 engine would bolt up to a VR6 transmission, therefore easing a lot of the headaches in the conversion.

BUT - it would make an awesome car!!!!!!

Back to the top
haha its abit over myhead money and knowledge wise but deffo sumthin to keep in mind. maybe wen i hit 25 insurence goes down abit will think about it. was planning a g40 or g60 at that point because it would obv be cheaper. but if money falls from the skies it would be the r32 for sure

Back to the top

alexHxC said

if money falls from the skies it would be the r32 for sure

Me too!!!

Back to the top

paul_c said

alexHxC said

if money falls from the skies it would be the r32 for sure

Me too!!!

ahhh in a perfect world ay

Back to the top

Back to the top
JESUS CHRIST

Back to the top
What a beast!!

Do it Alex!!!! Dont worry about paying for it your only young!!

Back to the top
man i wish i could!

how else would i pay for it lol

Back to the top
a bloke who comes to are place has an r32 (normal mk 4) and his timing chain snapped causing just shy of ?6000's worth of damage,

vw said theyed never seen it before on a car with only 27000! so they paid 3/4's of the price. thats was a new engine btw

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Volksaction F

Back to the top

pete_n_mel said

a bloke who comes to are place has an r32 (normal mk 4) and his timing chain snapped causing just shy of ?6000's worth of damage,

vw said theyed never seen it before on a car with only 27000! so they paid 3/4's of the price. thats was a new engine btw

they should have payed it all for him? doesnt it come under warrenty or sumthin like tht as it had so few miles

Back to the top
3 years warrenty

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
ahh

Back to the top
I want a bi turbs r32/36 Corrado.

:)

r32 mk1 would be dirty though.

Back to the top
would be more than just dirty!

Back to the top
well i think my car heard that i was thinking of a conversion and has gone and seized on me!

r34 in dreams

realistically g60 or another gti engine

Back to the top
i looked at all types of engine and even measured up a rover v8 lump with bi turbos and it would fit like a glove but would also be rear wheel drive but then i just wanted a track beast for the strip

Back to the top
fair play, not about the rover though, try looking for the jag v8.

Im sure you could get one cheap tbf
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.