Skip navigation

Coilovers? Are the cheapies worth it?

Back to the top

Coilovers? Are the cheapies worth it?

dave_dub86 said

rustys_mk1 said

dave_dub86 said

took the helper springs off the back end and the rides a thousand times better! nice and stiff and the wheels have stopped touchin the arches!

tht doesn't sound like a particularly good idea to me i thought the helper spring was there so that if the shocker has to extend the helper spring also extends and stops the spring from just flapping about??

no mate its there to smoothen out the ride. i know what you mean about the shock extending, but i checked this as i wound the single spring up and it was still tight when the shock was fully extended. if you wound it all the way down so the car was as low as possible i think youre right and the spring wouldnt reach both ends of the shock when extended but its fine where i have it.

The helper spring is there to stop the main spring from becoming un-seated when wound down for when you hard corner or, lets say over a hump back bridge. If you look when on the car under its own weight they are fully compressed.

Back to the top
theres no chance the main springs can come unseated where i have them set i did check as i put the shocks back on believe me theyre fine!

Back to the top

Back to the top
Ah see what your saying

If you had just the main spring in and had the bottom seat/lock rings at the bottom of the shock body then the spring will be all over the place at full extended travel.

If the rings are wound up TO the main spring then that will be alright.

8)

Back to the top
stupid question but do they come with all the rubber bushes for the rear etc?

Back to the top
nope you have to buy them yourself same as any other shock.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.