Skip navigation

Whats it worth???

Back to the top

Re: Whats it worth???

Whats it worth???

wooders said

SteveyJ said

The reason why I was insulted by the 2.5k offer is because throttle bodies, ecu loom and all the other kit to make the bodies fit to the engine cost near on 2k for the parts alone, so if someone who was buying the car knew what they were looking at won't of put in an insulting offer surely.

why ws the offer insulting? yes, throttle bodies and management are not cheap but this is the buy and sell business. if you fish for offers, then you must surely expect 'offers'. no? if your car was mint and original then it's a bit easier to gauge a value and more likely to attract a larger volume of potential buyers. it's not. therefore, you have a reduced buyer basis and a value that can only be determined by two people. buyer and/or seller.
 this is what i mean. if you think ?2,500 is insulting, then what do you consider to be 'not insulting'? won't sell for less than ?3,000 and have had an offer of ?3,099. turned it down. why? you think it's worth more. fine, put your own value on it and it will either sell or not.
 i personally think, when you are looking for ?4000 upwards, the more modified, the harder it is to find a buyer. the hi yah booosa mk1 van is a good(bad) example, if a little evtreme, of this.

try a ?3500 cash offer from me ;) :mrgreen:

Back to the top
So, with an apparently willing buyer and a decline from a seller, you'd have to say more than ?3500.

One thing worth saying - any Mk1 Golf is still an old car. I've seen apparently 'mint' condition cars fail the MoT on rust, underneath. Basically on any Mk1, unless its been pampered all its life, there are known rust trap areas which will have either been repaired in the past, or will need repairing at some point. Also, I've seen 'restored' cars where the work was done 4-5 years ago and its now rusting in the repaired areas, its difficult to make a repair and then rust proof the area to the same quality as the original manufacturer.

Having said all that, I've not seen the car itself so I'm not saying this car is affected - but it would need to be inspected closely in the known areas before you could really say a value (or go ahead with a sale). I'd not be offering money for a car unless it was cheap, or I'd seen it in the flesh myself and was happy with its condition. So maybe its a ?3500 conditional offer?

Back to the top
Of course, if the car is as genuine and rust free etc as it is made out to be.

i.e. nigh on concourse condition with expectional very well exicuted modifcations done only by pesonnel with the highest experiance within that area of modification.

Back to the top
Seen it in the flesh a few years back and I must say it is pretty stunning!!

I'm now mk1less, ahhhhhhh!
Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top

penny said

Seen it in the flesh a few years back and I must say it is pretty stunning!!

just begging for a comment that.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.