Skip navigation

Mk2 G60 Limited

Back to the top

Mk2 G60 Limited

the rarist mk2 money can buy....lovely looking one too.

Back to the top
Stunning!

Banner

Back to the top
Wow!, a superb VW you have there.

Dib.

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
It was a pleasure to see you at our 1st annual meet, and i must say this is a truly stunning example and a marvelous piece of VW history.

I didn't realise it was you however :wink:

Thank you so much for your kind words, we all had a good meet and hope to put on an even better show at Billing Aquadrome next May.

Chris aka Oakgreen16V (founder MK2 Golf Owners Club)

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
A G60 limited and a MK1 GTI 16S, you are one very lucky chap 8)

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
wow man that looks like a real nice car and i bet it goes as well as it look to.

keep on dubbing

Back to the top
this is a craking car rajan…

you certainly are a lucky man..

Back to the top
Thats a bloody nice mk2! But is there meant to be U.S. Style small bumpers on it?
If not and you are planning on getting euro ones.
I will happily take them off your hands. :D

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
Yes, US spec bumpers with mid-size front indicators and no number plate mount were standard on the Limited. So they are staying!

Banner

Back to the top
Back in General Chat  :dance:

Banner

Back to the top
One for the photobook history now. At Inters last weekend I was lucky to meet the Mk1 Legend that is Mark Eliot. Some of you will remember Mark owned OOE 926X, the Mars Red Mk1 that ruled the TRL 1/4 mile back in the 90s mostly in 2.0 16V Garrett turbo guise. Mark always had a fascination with the Limited, #41 in particular after seeing it briefly at Inters 1994. He then went on to write to the owner at the time to request more info and see it in more detail with a view to putting a G60 16V into OOE. I still have this letter as part of the history of the car, and sent Mark a scan of it as he could no longer recall it.

After reminiscing over OOE, the TRL, Limiteds, TVRs and the good old days with Ant and some other "old timers", Mark eagerly took up the offer of a few pics in the driver seat. Mark had not been to Inters for 15 years, but was glad he came along to fulfill a nostalgic dream for both him and I.

Banner

Back to the top
As Rajan said we went to inters last weekend in the limited, This is the first time i had been in this legendary car, remembering it from R&A Design days

It was an honour to meet Mark who was the man in the know with engine building and vw conversions in the early 90's. and especially the work he had done on his own mk1 OOE926X.

Then i drove the last 20 miles back from Inters to my house, in this truley amazing car, The power delivery is amazing, the car feels solid and well built (hand built). Reminding me of my Golf Rallye, but this car is just better. Actually this is the best car i have ever driven.

Thanks Rajan

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
nice one guys! looks amazing, its a credit to car enthusiasts like you!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
any idea  how many of the 71 are still goin?

Back to the top

G60 Limited

more info on the G60 Limited here:

http://www.vw-racing.org/

51 of them are listed, so only 20 to find.

Back to the top
Not all listed are "goin" though

Banner

Back to the top
dubboy were you at volksfest wales this weekend with it, if not i am certain there was one there

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
No I wasn't. There are 2 others in England that I know of so might be one of them. Worth nothing the ID no. on the special plate on the slam panel next time you see one!

Banner

Back to the top
Just been speaking to my mate in California who owns a Golf Rallye with the 16vG60 conversion and he said he has been in No.49 but it has since moved from California to Mexico.

Cant get onto the link from "2manyvws" from work i will have to check if 49 is listed.

Rajan, What are the other numbers in the UK ? do you know.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
#20 and #32 are still in UK as far as I know but the cars frequently go back and forth abroad and the Limited website is not up to date. Havent even put my details on there for mine!

#49 is listed as in Mexico now

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.