Skip navigation

JUST ANNOUNCED!!!.......THE OXFORD EDITION SHOW

Back to the top

JUST ANNOUNCED!!!.......THE OXFORD EDITION SHOW

OXFORD EDITION SHOW UPDATE…IT'S GOING TO BE MASSIVE!!!

We've nearly 400 cars in club stands and 300 for Show 'n' Shine so far and more being added every day.

The indoor showroom containing 'Ten of the Best' is looking stunning and all cars have been agreed.

A good breadth of traders will be there too, and all the bars and cafes at the Kassam will serve us through the day.

And……

Our catergories for Show 'n' Shine have been turned upside down as we've created 10 trophies with plenty of scope for entry across all levels which should make for a very very interesting competition….remember old skool OE boys Danny Smith, Steve Bush, along with Yarrow Thorne are judging!!

The catergories are:

1. CAR OF THE SHOW 2007
  2. MOST INFLUENTIAL VAG OF 2007
  3. THE TIMELESS AWARD 2007
  4. BEST NON VAG 2007
  5. MOST DESIRABLE VAG 2007
  6. MOST STYLISH VAG 2007
  7. BEST POTENTIAL 2007
  8. PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR 2007
  9. PEOPLES CHOICE 2007
  10. LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2007

Along with many more suprises on the day!!!

The Kassam is an amazing venue and the show is well suited to it. All cars will be parked on flat smooth tarmac so there will be no issues with the 'lower ones' amongst you.

Public entry on the Sunday will be from 9am, but all clubstand cars and show 'n' shine entries have to be in and ready for the 9am start.

The car park and stadium floodlights will be on as the afternoon approaches so we with still be well lit into the evening.

Posters will be up all over the site showing the order of the day so everyone knows what/where and when….and of course music and DJ's will be on tap all day.

REMEMBER You can set-up on the Saturday PM if you prefer as we have security on all Saturday through the night 'till Sunday PM so all will be safe and sound.

ACCESS TO THE KASSAM STADIUM IS VIA THE M40 AND M4 ALONG THE A34…THEN FOLLOW THE 'FOOTBALL' BROWN SIGNS.

LOCAL ROADS IN FROM READING OR OXFORD IS ALONG THE A4074 AND WE WILL SIGNPOST FROM TEH MAIN ROAD INTO THE STADIUM (AS THE TURN CAN BE MISSED AT SPEED!! LOL)

I'll update again before the big day, but see you all there.

Mart

Back to the top
This weekend, anyone going to it? I'm seriously tempted if the weather is dry :wink:

Back to the top
im going in the morning :D

built by the germans and thrashed like the nazis

Back to the top
I got up in the morning, decided on a whim to go…

Was totally dissapointed in the lack of mk1's there, only a handful and no show of the mk1 owners club anywhere…..

whats going on guys!!!! :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Back to the top
The mk1 owners club didn't do this show and never said they would, this show was for individuals to decide if they wanted to go for themselves.  I got up Sunday morning and with the fog and dreary weather up our way decided it wasn't going to be a good day for a two hour trip down the motorway for a show that was on its debut.  What was it like? is it worth considering for next year?

Back to the top
I went for a whole hour it was that good :( , too many new beetles and mk3s on airbags for my liking and it was 15quid just to get in, wont be there next year

built by the germans and thrashed like the nazis

Back to the top

beeny said

I went for a whole hour it was that good :( , too many new beetles and mk3s on airbags for my liking and it was 15quid just to get in, wont be there next year

I agree totally..
Wasnt worth going really, its only 20 mins up the road from me so cant moan really. exfept the ?15 entrance was a bit steep, not many trade stalls there either, but more beetles, lupo's etc than early golfs..
Maybe it would have been good if the club had gone, shown these new cars up!!! Maybe a thought for next year???

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

The mk1 owners club didn't do this show and never said they would, this show was for individuals to decide if they wanted to go for themselves. I got up Sunday morning and with the fog and dreary weather up our way decided it wasn't going to be a good day for a two hour trip down the motorway for a show that was on its debut. What was it like? is it worth considering for next year?

I never mentioned anything about them going, I was merely saying that there was a lack of representation from MK1's in general, and without the clubs involvement, no way of increasing awareness…

Back to the top
Unfortunately there's just too many shows per year, to have an official presence at each show. There's nothing to stop individuals going and being part of the club 'unofficially'. It looks like only a handful did this, though.

Funny time of year for a show???

Back to the top
We decide on what shows to attend officially based on many factors, cost, available budget, location, attendance and suitablility to the Club's objectives being the main ones. Clearly this means we cannot attend every show.

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

We decide on what shows to attend officially based on many factors, cost, available budget, location, attendance and suitablility to the Club's objectives being the main ones. Clearly this means we cannot attend every show.

That i understand totally, but how about a quick comment from the club to all members, saying something like, Nothing official going to this show, but maybe the local meet closest to the show may want to organise something and have a gathering..

Might be a better idea than just not going, then us peeps showing up expecting to see something will know in advance, and may sort something themselves with local meets etc???

Back to the top
??? Oh well....

Back to the top

Lawsy said

dubboy said

That i understand totally, but how about a quick comment from the club to all members, saying something like, Nothing official going to this show, but maybe the local meet closest to the show may want to organise something and have a gathering..

Might be a better idea than just not going, then us peeps showing up expecting to see something will know in advance, and may sort something themselves with local meets etc???

Ant, our Events Manager posts up announcements for events where we plan an official stand. We could flag these on the Events Calendar http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Calendar to help make it more visible.

Obviously it is easier to show the ones we attend than the ones we don't because there are so many shows. The Club has to endorse official presence to ensure we are covered on our public liability insurance.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.