Skip navigation

20vt mk1

Back to the top

20vt mk1

MissMk1 said

wot if u wanna 4wd it??!

depends on what its going to be used for if its everyday driving k03 is fine if your looking to build a 1/4 mile monster then k04

even with a k03 you will have a 14second car and that is a very quick car to have on the road

4wd is ok if your going to do the 1/4 mile if not then probally a waste of time and effort and trust me it aint going to be an easy conversion very very expensive to :wink:

Back to the top
TBH for a drag strip Mk1 Golf, up to around 250-300bhp is probably better FWD than 4WD. Yes, you get better traction but there's other ways to get traction (LSD, sticky/warm tyres) and you can accept a little loss (not able to use full power) in 1st gear and maybe 2nd, for the weight saving you'd achieve (which in itself, would give better acceleration).

4WD adds a lot of weight and there's an awful lot of components you're going to have to replace, or shuffle around at the back. By all means, if you want the technical challenge, go ahead with 4WD.

Another thing worth bearing in mind is the synchro system used on R32 Golfs, Synchro VWs, Audi A3 and TT, isn't technically a true permanent 4WD system, in that it has a Haldex coupling between the front and rear axles. It is effectively a 2WD until the system detects slip at the front wheels, when it engages the 4WD.

Back to the top
2wd is more fun makes you drive more precise when trying to launch funny as a hat when you forget that you have all that power

i drive around in a mini most the time then jump in the cab and try and mount kurbs with the torque steer :lol:

Back to the top
i have tt running gear to 4wd it as the lad that owned the engine before had the 20vt and 4wd'd it and what he was telling me was very interesting as i was just going to go for fwd, now i really wanna go 4 wd as i've got all the bits and a lad i know has a syncro as a donor car i'm thinkin about having.

i'm still thinkin k04, am i mad

btw its not going to be an everyday car. it'll be my weekend car, aswell as my cabby. i must really be mad lol

but yeh thanks guys! you've given me something to think about :)

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
well if u spoon it in as well a you wrap yourself round a pole you should be ok lol

Back to the top
yey!!! i'll be doing that then! lol

Back to the top
iv painted the doors today, so only the tail gate left then its the shell turn, but i have to wait until the welding is done,
will post pics of them all polished up tomorow

Back to the top

bens_cab said

well if u spoon it in as well a you wrap yourself round a pole you should be ok lol

I checked out the links. Then did a little more research of my own. About 2 hours later, I can conclude this is the best I've found so far:

http://www.youtube.com…5llw&mode=related&search=

(Moderators, its not rude or anything, honest. Its classy) She seems very good at it; I'd say also has a gymnastic background.

Back to the top

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

WOW
but the kids toys put you off

Didn't notice the kids toys, the first 30 times I watched it. Hang on, I'll just check and have another look.

Back to the top
Didn't notice the kids toys, the first 30 times I watched it. Hang on, I'll just check and have another look.

looks like we both do the same research lmfao

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
not had a chance to get down the scrappy for a loom yet mate ill be on the case in the next week or so tho promiss :wink:

Back to the top

Back to the top
well theres no price at the mo say ?70 ish and thats only if it works remember the guinea pig theory :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ms loom is ?50 then it depends on the plugs or the cost of a pair of deep pocket jeans for the scrappy  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

Back to the top
nooooo

between ?50 and ?70 ill try and make it cheap as possible as its for a fellow dubber

if it works out to be easy to install then ill knock up a couple more  :wink:

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

hows the plug and play coming? and how much?
going to order the pown pipe from QPE tomorow so mite need the kit soon
whats QPE's website??? im guna order me a downpipe!!

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top
:o  8O

*takes pole down in a fit of rage*

cow

(i'll be able to do all that soon anyway so there!)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.