Skip navigation

Oldest and Newest golfs on here.

Back to the top

Oldest and Newest golfs on here.

OK, silly little topic, but I often wonder who's got the oldest and who's got the newest golf on here, model by model. Go by the resgistration date on the V5, not the manufactured date as most people probably don't know the manufaturing date of their car!

I'll start, although mine won't win any records.

It's a cabriolet GTi registered on the 13th September 1983  :mrgreen:

Over to you.

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
My 1800 was registered 1/2/83 which isn't that early for a 1983 model year car :dontknow:

But its engine number is in the low 8000s so I'm guessing it must be quite an early-ish 1800 engined model :dontknow:  :dontknow:

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
12th March 1981. Series 2 on a W. the crossover year if im not mistaken. :)

Back to the top
A 1.5gl 14th jan 82 X plate and 1.3 sa import P plate 13th may 1998, manufactured 1997

Back to the top
i'll put up my oldest first

T Plate mk1 GTi Registered 8/6/1979

and then my youngest

Y Plate mk1 GTi Registered 26/11/1982

Back to the top
Date of first registration of mine is 04/08/93 can't be many newer than that unless you count citi golfs.. Dubboy has the oldest know mk1 from what I can gather…. Come on dubboy….You know you want to! :)

Back to the top
Had a quick look at my Mk1's V5 - first registered 08/08/1975… pretty old!  :D

'75 Mk1 Golf LS 1.5 Auto

'91 Mk2 Golf GTI 2.0 16v

'00 Lupo Sport 1.4 16v

Back to the top

StuB said

Looking at your sig, that's an auto as well. Wouldn't surprise me if that's the oldest Automatic on this forum.

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top

Maniac said

StuB said

Looking at your sig, that's an auto as well. Wouldn't surprise me if that's the oldest Automatic on this forum.

Yeah, it's a P-reg 5-door 1500cc LS automatic… luxury model!  :lol:

'75 Mk1 Golf LS 1.5 Auto

'91 Mk2 Golf GTI 2.0 16v

'00 Lupo Sport 1.4 16v

Back to the top
according to RAC mine was manufactured on 31st December 1993  :mrgreen:

'93 Clipper 1800i
Pearl Green
RH Cups
-40mm
K&N Panel Filter
SADLY NOW WRITTEN OFF

Porsche 944 2.5l LUX Fuchs alloys, pipercross induction - hole in the fuel tank, hopefully!

Back to the top

Willrud said

Thats interesting, I always thought that they stopped production in 1992 for the cabriolet? Was it registered in dec 93 or actually made? Can't be many newer cabs than that one?  :)

Back to the top

Willrud said

I've heard it said that every car on the RAC database, is manufactured on 31st Dec.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Willrud said

I've heard it said that every car on the RAC database, is manufactured on 31st Dec.

Indeed it does!

Camapign regd - 4/11/83

Sportline regd - 21/8/93

Banner

Back to the top
I probably have the oldest GTi in the club if not the world - built 18th June 1976, 2-3 weeks into production.

But you will be able to read more about that soon…

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

I probably have the oldest GTi in the club if not the world - built 18th June 1976, 2-3 weeks into production.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

la-dee-dah!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i have the oldest RHD mk1 GTi left in existence

so i guess we both have a couple of rare cars eh champ? :wink:

p.s you'll also all be seeing it towards the end of the year :D

Back to the top

dubboy said

Do you also have the oldest UK car, ie before the GTI there were swallowtails, etc? Stu's is obviously the oldest so far, I'd be interested to see if there's an older one out there.

Back to the top
I'm sure there's someone on this forum with a '74 golf listed in their sig. Can't remember who it is thou.

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top

paul_c said

Willrud said

Lousy Intermaweb  :oops:

According to the log book it's first registration date is 13/4/93!

At least that means it wasn't thrown together by the engineers who wanted to start their new year celebrations early!

'93 Clipper 1800i
Pearl Green
RH Cups
-40mm
K&N Panel Filter
SADLY NOW WRITTEN OFF

Porsche 944 2.5l LUX Fuchs alloys, pipercross induction - hole in the fuel tank, hopefully!

Back to the top

Maniac said

I'm sure there's someone on this forum with a '74 golf listed in their sig. Can't remember who it is thou.

Mike.

'74? Wow, would that be N-reg then? I have seen the odd N-reg one in the past but there can't be many about these days surely? Anyone know?

Just had a quick scan through the series 1 list and couldn't see anything older than a P-reg but I might be wrong  :)

'75 Mk1 Golf LS 1.5 Auto

'91 Mk2 Golf GTI 2.0 16v

'00 Lupo Sport 1.4 16v

Back to the top

StuB said

Maniac said

Mike.

'74? Wow, would that be N-reg then? I have seen the odd N-reg one in the past but there can't be many about these days surely? Anyone know?

Just had a quick scan through the series 1 list and couldn't see anything older than a P-reg but I might be wrong  :)

I definitely know that N reg Golfs (did) exist, because I've sat in one because my parents had one! Unfortunately, its long gone now.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.