Skip navigation

What do you listen to in your MK1?

Back to the top

What do you listen to in your MK1?

I CDR'd some fave Bowie from his Eno/Berlin Arthaus period ('76 -'77 - that's Low and Heroes). Sounds raw and edgy just like my MK1. Nothing else quite does it…

Perhaps those inspired Guys, who threw together the first GTi in the garage, had Kraftwerk (Autobahn), or maybe BauHaus, (they covered Ziggy Stardust) blaring out of the RadioGram, juiced up in weisbeer.

Now there's an image…

Back to the top
Just the engine noise does it for me  :P

Andy

Back to the top
I CDR'd some fave Bowie from his Eno/Berlin Arthaus period ('76 -'77 - that's Low and Heroes).

Hope that didn't include the track 'Always Crashing In the Same Car' :lol: - good albums. A mate of mine has a compilation of early 80's French electronica/dance music which sounds quite fitting and even has a black mk1 GTI on the cover. Uusually I prefer the sounds of the engine though :twisted:

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
Until today nothing!!! :lol:

Had a fubar'd head unit from some french filth  :evil: (Peugeot I think) so I put in a nice new one this afternoon, the other one was properly bodged in.

Drove around listening to a Less Than Jake album and thinking hmmm, should I get some more speakers? :twisted:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
Yeap. That does include "Always Crashing In The Same Car" and the German version of "Heroes" (there was a French version on the original album issue) from the "Christian F" album.

Whatever happened to Jean Michel Jarre?

Back to the top

stephentazz said

Burnt to a crisp by his lasers probably.

Mk1 GTi White Cab '86

Mk4 TDi

Back to the top

dannyboyblue said

stephentazz said

:lol:  :lol: My tea just came out my nose.

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top

Pablo16v said

dannyboyblue said

stephentazz said

:lol:  :lol: My tea just came out my nose.

I hate it when that happens. It's worse when it's a fizzy drink tho.

At the moment I like to alternate between listening to the engine, oil buzzer or some Hendrix, Reef, Foo Fighters, or Wolfmother.   :twisted:

1983 Lhasa Green GTI

Back to the top

Benici said

At the moment I like to alternate between listening to the engine, oil buzzer or some Hendrix, Reef, Foo Fighters, or Wolfmother.   :twisted:

Gearbox whining in 5th, wind whistling through the window gaps, Hendrix, Skinner, the fan bearings doing a elephant impression & a bit of Snow Patrol for my other half.

Black Cabbie

Back to the top
greatest hits of Free, Smiths, Snow patrol, Razorlight, The Jam…

watever tempo my mood and driving style cares for I spose!!

LOL

c'mon?

Back to the top
Due to my past it stereo throwing a wobbly, i have been listening to a pirated copy of gnarls barkley - st elsewhere since last may  :cry:

Anyone beat that?

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top
Music wise…. pretty much anything,

BUT mostly…….

the annoying rattle that comes from the hinges on the hood!!

Dan

Back to the top
Ditto Dano.
The rattles and the deafening whistle of air through the various air gaps around the hood.  Try to drown it out with a couple of CDs I made.  Bit of Soulwax, Beck, Beastie Boys, INXS, Sir Mixalot, ELO Mr Blue sky (when the hood is down) and Jurassic 5.  For those night drives I stick Gomez in the CD changer.

Mk1 GTi White Cab '86

Mk4 TDi

Back to the top

you see you

A bit of Milburn mixed with a bit of Littleman Tate followed by a bit of Bromheads Jacket.

If I can offer any great music for you to try then try the bands above, but remeber to drive at 30mph !

:D

Back to the top
kids yelling "Mum slow down".

Team Sewell

Back to the top
Wind noise!

Tian :roll:

Back to the top

Tian said

Wind noise!

Oh we're not back on that again are we Tian?

Team Sewell

Back to the top

Fee said

Tian said

Wind noise!

Oh we're not back on that again are we Tian?

My flatulence has never been discussed on the forum has it?

Tian :scratch:

Back to the top
Just the charger n engine thanks, besides i have no radio fitted  :D

G60

Back to the top
I always seem to go back to my Stone Roses/ Happy Mondays Primal Scream and 89 oldskool house.
Probably cos when I had my MK1 first time round I was listening to that era    :)  :)  :)

Ahhh those were the days, Smilies meant something completely different.. :wink:  :mrgreen:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.