Skip navigation

What performance mods are out there for my 1.1?

Back to the top

What performance mods are out there for my 1.1?

at the end of the day small blocks are good to tinker about with so you can get an idea on how things work etc etc as there is a lot more room under the bonnet, tinker about add a few more ponys, id defo go for a 1300 mate, keep that for a while when u get bored and cant mod it anymore then go big block!
thats what i done, started from small, workd way up

simon

i always have the last laugh ;)

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/sim0n_parker/paulforwebsite.jpg

<a href="

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

Back to the top
you can get over 100bhp out of the 1300 GF with twin carbs

Back to the top
I see one GF engine in magazine it has 125 bhp with twin carb,280 degrees cam,and bored to 1500 ccm???

You can put 1300 ccm intake manifold on your 1100 the 1300 has bigger holes in the manifold!

2.0 16V

Back to the top
Thanks for all the info and interest fellas.

So what vehicle is the GF engine out of? I've got abit confused with Polo's, Mk2's and then engine codes coming from all directions lol. I'd like to reach around 100bhp out of the engine without charging it at all so the GF engine sounds a good choice. What power can u get out of the Mk2 engine roughly? Could it reach 100bhp i mean? I've always wanted a set of twins on my Golf too which i can't do with my GG. Do they make them for the mk2 HK that u was thinking off sim0n_parker?

'82 Golf C 1.1

Back to the top

Suggestions

You could try and source a weber 36 dcd7 twinchoke carb, did this on a 1100 cc, gives it a bit more poke. It was an easy swop with bolt on adapter plate. Will not make it a GTI beater but gives it a fair bit more poke.

'88 Golf GTI Cabrio….I look like an extra from the village people, but hey I like it.

Seat Leon Cupra R….Amigo espanol rapido

Back to the top
Ok thanks for that :) sounds interesting.

I don't suppose u know if i can still get these brand new with the adaptors maybe?

'82 Golf C 1.1
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.