Skip navigation

Hi from sunny edinburgh

Back to the top

Hi from sunny edinburgh

Hi just found this web site and thought i would join up

i have recently bought a mk1 golf 1.5 gx in need of some help

i have been into golfs for a while and until earlier this year had an '86 mk2
but sadly sold it but couldnt stay away from them

it's in need of a full respray but other than that does need to much its an '83 with only 98000 miles on it,gonna be a project for the winter :D

i'm gonna keep it original along with the colour as i think its preety cool the way it is

anyway thanks for looking and hope to speak to youz more

bobby

Back to the top

hi mate welcome great site you will find out most thing you want and some you dont get some pick up just had mine resprayed now trying to find somewhere to store for a few months for winter welcome

Back to the top
thanks for the welcome mate your car looks great always liked the cabbies,maybe next year if i get this one done

can i ask how much it cost as i've never had a full spray done

cheers

bobby

Back to the top

600 ? mate witch i tink is cheep i took all the kit off and handels lights ect and re fitted the car was not to bad but the guy done a good job in glasgow some before and after

Back to the top

Back to the top
welcome mate. where abouts in edinburgh do you stay?

Sounds like acool wee runner you got there.

Surprising how nipping that 1500cc motor is!

Any plans for it?

Andrew

P.S. Edinburgh is definately not sunny!  :D

Back to the top

you got a pal mars. do we do any scottish meets :dontknow:

Back to the top
Indeed get a sottish meet organised.

Oh and welcome mate

Back to the top
thanks for the welcome lads and lassies

marsredgti - i'm just outside edinburgh at the back of the airport

looking forward to gettin it on the road,i've had a couple of mk1s in  the past but never done anything with them but this one i am gonna keep standard and use it for use it for shows me thinks

is there many meets in edinburgh or scotland?

cheers

bobby

Back to the top
Hey Bobby, welcome to the forum.  I've just bought my first car - a GX too!  Got it from a friendly chap in Glasgow, it's simply amazing.

Got a picture of it? :)

Back to the top

couple of pics as she is

Back to the top
Cool :)  Are you pleased with your purchase? :D

Back to the top
well happy with it although not acually driven it yet other than on to the trailer then in to the drive but so far so good

the interior of the car is like new and the engine seems to run ok no wierd noises anyway its just the paint that lets it down

how about yours is it good?

Back to the top
Yeah!  I'm really happy with it thanks.  It got me from Glasgow back to Mid Wales no problems at all :)

Just got a couple of things to do.. it's going to the bodyshop to get the couple of bits of surface rust low on the sides/rear sorted this week.  Bought some new side stripes - you know the two black stripes down the bottom?  Put German plates on, I'm going to fit some GTI guages inside.. voltmeter, oil temp, clock.  Then fit a factory towhook so that I can put my bike rack on.

Purely cosmetic.

Like yours, the interior is as new.  It's great, really comfy!  And WOW are they great going around corners!!

Back to the top
looks really clean mate like it alot my dad had the mk1 jetta that looked like yours that was a great wee car

i was hooked since my first mk1 then went on to the mk2 but always said i would have another mk1 and now i have :D

i'm gonna keep mine original i think but i do fancy a set of those wheels that are on yours

Back to the top
Then you'll be pleased to hear that the wheels are actually a factory option! :)

= stock!

Back to the top
yeah but its finding a good set

still i'm not in a hurry

Back to the top
There's always someone breaking something :)

Back to the top

Quality!

Evnin' all…

I've a GX too, and it's the second one I've owned, in the Edinburgh area (South Queensferry)

We should definitely get together somewhere sometime soon. My car is pretty much all original - I've put new bumpers on recently, and it has a set of Mk2 P-Slot alloys on it too.

My autochoke seems to be giving up the ghost though, although I'm going to see if maybe it can be fixed.

It is a fantastic wee car - nippy, versatile, classic looks etc etc. Cheap to run (I get about 28mpg from mine, which I don't think is bad!)

Anyway, let's sort out a meet of some description - whether it's just meeting in a pub car park or something, it's cool either way.

Cheers,
AndyC

Currently Golf-less…

2004 Audi A6 Avant Final Edition - Standard

Back to the top
right guys, I am so pleased to see all these mk1 north of the border!

We need to find a location for our frist official scottish meet.

any suggestions?

Scottish VAG (www.scottishvag.com) meet at the Fairmilehead Inn just of the city bypass.  Big carpark and a nice wee pub inside with food.

Any suggestions of day and time?!

Let's make this happen before the snow comes!!!

Cheers, Andrew

P.S. If you want to be added to the Scottish Regional page PM me all your details and a picture!
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=27

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.