Skip navigation

Project 504...**Its staying **

Back to the top

Project 504...**Its staying **

I'm steering clear of the Stonechip as im looking for a perfect finish. I considered the epoxy mastic but it's not high build enough to get rid of the repairs and blemishes. I decided the best solution was to repair where needed and give a few coats of high build primer.

Back to the top
I?ve waited for ages for this picture, dreaming what the bay would look like when flushed off. The chassis legs are coming on now, still a little bit of work to go but not million miles away. The lines look so good and suit the engine bay I think, need to see how it looks in paint right enough but for now in over the moon.

Pics aint the best but you'll get the idea

Had some lengthy work to do in order to get the new seats in, passenger side was slightly easier than that of the driver?s side. On both sides the runners were removed along with the cross box section, on the drivers side wee needed to take an inch out of the tunnel in order to fit the seat in. Once they were bolted up the looked the duggies and really suit the car, I can?t wait to get the interior painted and get the seats trimmed and fitted now.

Also removed the box section for the rear seats from the top of the rear arch, as it?s no longer required, plus it will clean up the inside

The rear pannel is also all welded up and filled ready for primer

Back to the top
The car is coming along nicely, al get some pics up after the weekend. In the mean time got my front braking solution delivered and I'm very happy indeed.  8)

Back to the top
8O  :y:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
very nice indeed

got more info on the calipers??

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa mokin!  tasty!

Back to the top

Back to the top
v nice keep it comming, :notworthy:

Back to the top
I know it?s been a while but I've been mega busy with Xmas and the new house.

The cars just about ready for Primer at the moment hopefully be in primer b4 the new years :lol: .

The underside has all been stripped back filled and smoothed ect, the pics aint the best, the catty is the wrong colour for my camera  :roll:

The inside is close to being finished aswell, again all repaired filled and rubbed down  :lol:

Been into Transcal 2day and the seats are pretty much done looking spot on IMO. The first pic is closer to the colour (Think my flash was playing up). I wanted the BMW leather , but the supplier was sold out, so Robert at Transcal managed to get me a really close match with the Bentley Creama, which is more expensive but looks minted

Back to the top
very nice m8 8)  i bet you're spending a few quid on this project! looks like there's going to be no expense spared

TG

Need your console repaired or mods done? drop me a pm:)

Back to the top
:clap: got potential to be very stunning when it's finished

all depends on your plans for exterior styling  :wink:

some excellent bodywork going on there too

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

PhillTMK1GTI said

:clap: got potential

al take that as a compliment  :dontknow:

Back to the top

x5pea said

PhillTMK1GTI said

:clap: got potential

al take that as a compliment  :dontknow:

:lol:  :wink: was a compliment mate! doing a very fine job on it

what colour you going with?

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
not 100% on colour yet  :lol: not got long to decide tho

Back to the top
candy apple red 8)

Back to the top
more likely to be a blue me thinks !

Back to the top
Not really much happened over the festive period, took a few more pics of the engine bay  :lol: . Cant wait too see it in Paint   8)

Back to the top
8)  :y:

smooth!

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
hope your using easy sand filler! 8O

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

volkswarren said

hope your using easy sand filler! 8O
Sadly not, but its fine if you get it at the right point, not too hard not too soft Optimum Cheesyness Mic calls it  :roll:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.