Skip navigation

Project 504...**Its staying **

Back to the top

Project 504...**Its staying **

schweeet! Didn't realise it had gone off for paint…

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Picked up my Seats 2 day and took them bad boys straight to Transcal. They have done a lot of work for me in the past most recently in the X5 and did a first class retim, so obviously they were the only choice for the MK1 Project.

Had a long chat around colour choices and subtle mods as they are doing the dash and remaining interior…… Watch this space for one very special set of seats indeed.

Back to the top
They looked awesome before the retrim anyway!  :mrgreen:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
After spending the last 2 days down the Garage things have finally moved on  :D . The front and rear valance have been removed, arches have been dressed back and corrosion cut out. The Doors wings, bonnet and tailgate have been preped. After many many hours I've also managed to remove the Sound proofing from the WHOLE interior, which was a bloody nightmare. After a quick seeing to from the orbital sander the interior will be good to go…… 8)

Found a crazy amount of corrosion around the filler neck area in both the inner arch and rear quarter.

Chassis legs have been trimmed in preperation for the pannels to flush them off

It?s in a sorry state but I'm sure weel get there, at least I hope so

Going forward, the engine bay needs to be finished few mods and then primed :P

Back to the top
lookin gud mate keep the updates cumin!!!!!

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top
Spent the day 2day cleaning up the inner arches only manged the O/S Rear tho :(  anyone who has done it will know how much of a pain in the ass it is and how bloody long it takes.

I'll try and finish the others 2morrow and get sum pics up 2morrow nite.  :D

Back to the top
Today i contiuned the work on the arches, its been a long slog but im sure you will agree it was worth the work.  :D

Still got to finish off one front ach and start on the other side, hopefull manage to get onto that 2morrow.

Back to the top
8O  :y:

Back to the top
welcome to golf mk1 syndrome once you start you can't stop there addictive you're right about the inner rear arches :D

Back to the top
That's coming along really nicely  8)

Also brings back lots of happy memories of welding inner arches  :lol:

Rich

Back to the top
looking good chris.  can't wait to see this one!  :D

Back to the top
looks good - your getting the rotstopped which is important - nice job on the arches inner and outer! pita to do i agree

Back to the top

Back to the top
Over the last week the progress has slowed down a wee bit. Front and rear panels have been welded up in place, the rear quarter had been repaired along with the inner arches.

I?ve seen a few people remove the underseal and paint the inner arch but most seem to stone chip then paint, however I wanted to go for as good a finish on the inner arch as the rest of the car. So there was no choice but to fill and smooth off, took ages and trying to recreate the lines to retain the original look was a nightmare.

The chassis legs have also been flushed off, templates took ages to make up but look the business when welded in.

Also spent the last few weeks buying up brand new parts, everything is being replaced with new, from fuse box to seals and grommets  :D

Back to the top
Wow! What a fantastic job. I can't wait to see the car when it's finished. Are you planning on completing it for any shows next year?

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top
Some great looking work there Chris :wink:

Looking forward to seeing this……..you're not hanging about either  :y:

Back to the top

Pablo16v said

Wow! What a fantastic job. I can't wait to see the car when it's finished. Are you planning on completing it for any shows next year?

Yes doing quite a few

The first will be Ultimate Dubs on the 11th of March  :oops:  and ive totaly commited myself so cant pull out  8O

Back to the top

x5pea said

Pablo16v said

Yes doing quite a few

The first will be Ultimate Dubs on the 11th of March  :oops:  and ive totaly commited myself so cant pull out  8O
8O All the best then. You'll have a few busy nights and weekends ahead of you.

and the childish side of me
ive totaly commited myself so cant pull out

fnar fnar

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top

Back to the top
Great work!

for inner rears - epoxy mastic would have been the job - its a paint and hardner which can be put on bare steel - has rust inhibiters - dires air proof and can be sanded etc and will accept most paints over the top - i used it - 2 coats on floor and inner guards - then a light stonchip for a little texture and then 2 top coats and a laquer…
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.