Skip navigation

i knew ebay was pricey but DAMN!!

Back to the top

i knew ebay was pricey but DAMN!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK1-GTI-FRONT-GRILL-BADGE-OBSOLETE_W0QQitemZ4645427500QQcategoryZ9889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK1-GTI-FRONT-REAR-BADGE_W0QQitemZ4645427516QQcategoryZ9889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

erm is it just me or does this seem a tad bit on the expensive side   :roll:

ive got a few of these badges in the shed and id be embarassed to sell them for a fiver!

Mk1 1983 Helios Blue GTI Engineering

Back to the top
they list them as auctions too, everytime i bid on them though they close the auction before its ended.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
don't be :lol:

Back to the top
I could do with a new genuine set, but ?45 per badge is a bit, well a lot, infact, totally outrageous!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
That guys expensive with whatever he sells, its not just the badges.

Back to the top
more fool the people who pay his prices then!

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2838/s5000021agm0.jpg

Back to the top
Its probably an illustration of how much people are prepared to pay for 'original' parts. For something non-critical (to the mechanical operation of the car) as a badge, it can only be the kudos of having it original, which makes it worth that price.

Or have I missed something? I know they're rare as originals, but there are copies freely available, are they rubbish? Or is repainting the original (must be loads in breakers yards, etc) not just as good? How much can a tin of silver paint be? ?5?

Back to the top
at nearly 100 quid for the pair its a bit much :dontknow:  I know they are not available from VAG anymore but the quality was never excellent anyway.

Back to the top
I saw those when they were newly listed and thought about posting up about them but thought that the guy was kidding!  :roll:

How could I be so naive!!

Dan

Back to the top
Wow! That is major pricey! I actually did see these when I was after one , I did have to laugh. Considering I managed to get old of a GTI grill for ?10 not so long back. Why not try them for yourself, Maybe they could help….www.trimsport.co.uk. These guys were great and gave a very friendly service. Shane  :lol:

Back to the top
cheers mate but im not actually after a set - was just searching and thought id post up that stupid price!

Mk1 1983 Helios Blue GTI Engineering

Back to the top
The bloke isn't actually in Athens 8)

When you pay for the badges you are actually paying for his easy-jet flights from Birmingham :lol: plus a fiver for the badge.

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top

yea

i will have to consider putting up my prices YES i will be rich  :lol:

Back to the top
I think that guy just sources parts from other places and sells them on. Maybe you can buy them new from VAG in Bulgaria or something ?!?

I was looking at his adapter brackets for G60 calipers (to Mk1 hubs) - buy it now of ?175. These are available from a website in the US for something like 80 dollars. He did have an auction going for same item, but as someone else said, it was pulled before the end.

Suppose if someone is mad enough to pay those prices, then it's no crime.

Back to the top
Hello guys,

I am nikosg60 from ebay.

Probably you think that i bought these MK1 badges for 15p and now i sell them for 50p.Well, they have cost me at least 3 times up to the normal price as they are obsolete almost 10 years and have been imported from Wolfsburg a long time ago!
So what do you expect me to do?To sell them at the same price as they where sold in 1976?  

As for the brake brackets, i have sold around 20 pieces in the UK with an average price of 150gbp.

My brackets have nothing to do with simmilar USA cheap bracket brake kit you are talking about.

Just to compare it with any other kit i will sell 1 set to a member of your forum with a  50% discount and when you get it on your hands and compare it with the others you will understand everything.
You will see the quality-fittment etc.

Have also in mind that these brackets have been imported from Overseas and i have paid for them customs,shipping(UPS   :( ) etc….

Take care and stay tuned

Kind regards

nikosg60

Back to the top
Hi Nikos,

Regarding the brake brackets, I too have seen some cheap home-made items that I wouldn't trust to stop my car. The brackets you sell do look very good quality. Indeed, I bid on some of your brackets on ebay, but the auction got pulled before the end. The ones I was talking about are made by Monumentum which also look very good (and similar to yours - I accept they won't be exactly the same). Just had a look at their website - $79 (not sure how much shipping to UK would be)

I'm sure you value the opinion of your potential customers. Quite a few (it seems), think the prices are high.

All the best with your business !

Mark

Back to the top
thats ridiculous you can get a full set for 30 quid from awesome gti or trimsport.

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.

Back to the top
Hello again,

I have personally tested the momentum brackets.Most of you wanna know the results of this test right?

Unfortunatelly i am not the one of those who will blaim another's company parts in order to sell my parts but i will tell you this:I removed them after this test.I have them here.Used.

ANYONE who will ask me i will send them free in the UK!Right now

As for the 79USD that you see if you will count customs + shipping with UPS…. :roll:   Must be something around 120GBP landed to the UK

ABout the badges.You said 30 quid for them?
I would buy 20 sets if there is a price like that!
But let me ask you something.Are they GENUINE VW PARTS??????

Of course i value the opinion of my potential customers and thats  why i did this posts.

Cheers

nikosg60

Back to the top
yeah mate seriously the genuine vw ones from awesome are 30 quid the replica ones are 25.

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.

Back to the top
You're right, ?30 + VAT + delivery for a full set.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.