Skip navigation

MIDLANDS GROUP 1ST MEET

Back to the top

MIDLANDS GROUP 1ST MEET

:D  :D SORRY about the quality of the pictures ..Thanks to all that came it was great to meet new faces and get together.It went without any hickups although SAT NAV wasnt too hot lol .If only the british weather was a little better.Next meet we will go for a cruise and a barby at kingsbury water park or all meet up and have a cruise down to the gti international show and have a barby there … cheers jim NEXT MEET JUNE 17TH AND 18TH EITHER ONE OR OTHER.

Back to the top
Jim,thought us 3 were the only ones coming,but it was a good turnout,nice to meet you all,
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
yes it was nice as i say next meet we will have a criuse to a waterpark and have a barby or just cruise down to gti international
oh hope you all like the window sticker

Back to the top
great pictures!! and it was great to meet everyone!! it is nice to put faces to names!!! the weather could have been better, but never mind i think we all made the most of it!! lets hope it to be alot brighter next month!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Black 1989 Mk1 Cabrio 1.8 auto

Back to the top
sorry boys and girls i couldnt make it, had to work :oops:

hopefully you will see my cabby at the next meet, a quick pic below:  :D

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
heya im sorry i couldnt make it either, will hopefully go to the next one all being well. hears a pic of mine anyway.

amy

Back to the top
Hey there, sorry that I couldn't make the meet either.  Was on a film shoot just outside Bristol…..  Will most definately be at the next one!!!!!  Great looking cars everyone.

'90 MK1 Clipper, Black - Sold :-(
BMW 323i 2.5

Back to the top
on a film shoot ?? sounds good are you in front or behind the camera ?

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

guys

Yer Nice one james, i think it turned out really well apart from the quality sat nav, and for those that dont know i was the one that got lost and circled the rounabout for about an hour. Nice rims by the way james!!!!

Nice to meet everyone

Joe
sat nav expert

Joe Twells

Derbyshire

Mk1 Golf GTI Cabriolet '83 (White)

Zender Body Kit

Back to the top
yes it was nice should be good next meet any thoughts on a cruise and a barby / or cruise down to gti international

Back to the top

mk1jim said

on a film shoot ?? sounds good are you in front or behind the camera ?

If only I was in front of the camera lol.  Nope, went down in a convoy of approximately 5 limos for the shoot.  Had a great chat with David Prowse though (Darth Vadar! - very cool man!).  Spotted 2 great looking tin tops on the way back home though - made my day!!!! (Well, from what I can remember from the return trip that is ….   :roll:  )

Who is the owner of the black Cabrio???  Very similar to mine and I like it!!!!

'90 MK1 Clipper, Black - Sold :-(
BMW 323i 2.5

Back to the top
The black cabrio belongs to me!!! it normally looks better than the pictures but hadn't time to clean and polish before the meeting!!! and i got stuck at a car boot the week before and i had mud srayed all up to the windows!!!! will clean it ready for the next meeting!!! as Jim's wheel's made mine look really dirty!!! (MR FANATIC WHEEL CLEANER!!!!)

Cheer Jo

Black MK1 1.8 auto

Back to the top
talking about wheels it took me half hour to clean car wheels when i got home after that damn rain  :banghead: mind you they look good now they have been brasso ed .

Back to the top
Was a good Turn out. Shame about the weather, There was a puddle of water in the boot when we got home. :(  Never got the names of the owners of the white cab and 1.3 red tin top from tamworth,They cought me up on j10. They drive nuts :twisted:
See you all at the next meet, BBQ at kingsbury sounds good,.Will be a good meetif the weather is good

:D

Back to the top
talking wheels i have been cleaning mine this afternoon!!! jim you put me to shame!!! now they are brand new looking and sparkling!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D   The BBQ sounds great, definately count me in, the weather should be good in June!!! (wishful thinking!!) :?  :?  :?  :?  

Jo (aka Jocyjump!!)

Back to the top
bling bling

Back to the top
very nice!!!  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O    Can you clean my wheels with your toothbrush at the next meeting???? i will but you a pint as payment!!!!   

cheers Jo

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Back to the top
I wish i could spell today!!!!   :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

I will BUY you a pint in payment!!!!

Cheers Jo   :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

bbs

Stop showing off your really expensive wheels jim, we all know there worth more than your whole car. I must admit there pretty sexy though. BBQ sounds good, The weather was crap for me on the way back. Hammered it down and i got soaked. I really need them door rubbers!!!

Pics were cool mate, were having a slight fault at home with broadband and its taken till now to download them on dial up. Ive had to leave the computer on all day!!

I left before you lot had any food, how was it? Ill stay for a while longer next time had a few things to do at home.

Hey Jim you were right it only took me 40 mins to get home the way you said, cheers fo that mate listening to that stupid woman on sat nav did my head in!!!

see ya all soon,

Joe

Joe Twells

Derbyshire

Mk1 Golf GTI Cabriolet '83 (White)

Zender Body Kit

Back to the top
well june the 17th and 18th is gti int so i was thinking that we could have our next meet then we can all meet up at the toby carvery and go down in a convoy.Have a bbq when we are there what do you guys think….
Saturday might be the best day for it …
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.