Skip navigation

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE !!!

Back to the top

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE !!!

I known it's ebay again but had to show this what has this person done to a Icon   :dontknow:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Mk1-Golf-with-Rieger-Evo-body-Kit_W0QQitemZ4623802982QQcategoryZ18303QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
more cheap plastic than on jody Marsh's chest. Saw this the other day. They want ?2750 for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MK1 GTI 1983 (love of my life)
Mazda MX3 1.8 V6 ( Daily Drive)

Back to the top
This has been on the forum last time it was for sale, I quite like it but think it needs to be lower and would look better without the chrome bits round the windows etc - also needs to have a bigger engine to make sure it lives up to its looks

Back to the top
The AA badge does it for me!  :wink:

Wez

1966 - Split Screen Bus

1980 - Series 1 GTI 1.6

2000 - MK4 GTI Turbo

Back to the top
Welcome Wez!

Great first post. Always good to start with a joke.

Andrew

Back to the top
If I owned that I'd move to spain too!

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top
Why would anyone do that?
 maybe we should order a spanish inquisition!!

MK1 GTI 1983 (love of my life)
Mazda MX3 1.8 V6 ( Daily Drive)

Back to the top
Does it come with a free brown bag to put on your head while driving

Back to the top
No no no no no, why is it on stilts too? 8O

Back to the top
That car was in last months max power for sale section going for ?3000!! suprise suprise it didnt sell! used exactly the same front angle picture as on there, hiding that disgusting body kit! damn bonehead, ruining such a car!

Greg 8O

1981 Golf C 1.1
1982 Golf GTI
1992 Corrado G60
1999 Golf GT TDI

Back to the top
i think its looks sweet… something differant!!

get rid of the chrome, tints, single headlights, lower profile tyres, big roll cage and slamage!!!!!

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:   :P

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
No no no no no, why is it on stilts too? 8O

Back to the top
I too think it is a pretty good piece of historic tuning history - NEEDS a powerful engine though of ridculous BHP…..

We can't all drive std cars - no fun it that ….

Back to the top
...er....I actually quite like it. Agree it needs a beefy engine though.

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
Don't like the rear spoiler, but the arches look pretty mean  :twisted:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
on a different but bodykit related note, I heard that vag have taken the bbs body kit off there silver mk1 press car..Does any one else know anything about that??

Back to the top
I spoke to the guy who looks after the VW Press Fleet last year, including the silver Mk1. They have made the following changes:

- BBS kit removal
- taken off the BBS RAs and put on the Pirelli Ps
- put on a new grille (the reason why the GTi badge was in the wrong position was to hide a broken one!)

Haven't seen it out recently though!

Banner

Back to the top
…er….I actually quite like it. Agree it needs a beefy engine though

So do i prowler ……. 8O  It's different and an 80's icon

Cheers………

Back to the top
I think the Reiger kits look terrible, they completely spoil the lines of an already classic design. The front end looks like its had an arguement with a Corrado and lost. Each part of a Mk1 has a (well) engineered function - this kit has none.

Banner

Back to the top
If I were fed up of life and going to shoot myself..(please see thread titled Vauxhall nova, big bore exhaust, baseball cap…Blam!) I would deffinately add this chap to my list of people who were gonna get it first! Ruining a classic is bad enough, but with low mileage too….I'm speechless!
If you live next door to this idiot, don't ever agree to go on changing rooms with him!  8O
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.