Skip navigation

You know you've been driving a mk1 too long when...

Back to the top

You know you've been driving a mk1 too long when...

"Thank you darling - a replacement fuel filler neck. Tell you what, seeing as though I drive a Fiat rollerskate, why don't you have it and I'll buy myself something?"

You should drink more water.
1664 is 95% water.
Drink more beer? :)

Back to the top
…When you have to slow down to below 40mph when your mobile rings, otherwise they can't hear you, and you can't hear them…

…when everyone in the car panics about the sudden loud banging that's reverberating through the whole car, but you reassure them, saying that it's only a few cats-eyes…

Back to the top
When the RAC recovery chap nows your first name and needs no directions to your house...... :wink:

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top
:lmao:
 :clap:
Oh yes!

1664 is 95% water.

Back to the top

Mr_GTI said

I'll try and post a piccy some point over the weekend :D

A bit later than I said but here they are Kins just for you

Back to the top
lol, you're kidding me mr gti?!

where is the rest of your seat-belt mechanism?!

Andrew

Back to the top
when you actually remember to get your head out of the way before the tailgate comes crashing down on it

1983 lhasa green mk1 1.8 gti

old skool baby

Back to the top

berty said

when you actually remember to get your head out of the way before the tailgate comes crashing down on it

Ouch! Muchos pain!! ….Love the old style seat belt catches far more classy and superior arrangement…..

Back to the top

DJ said

Love the old style seat belt catches far more classy and superior arrangement…..
They actually work really well, and you dont have the metal clip on the belt to hit the door with when you undo them - handy when your door is painted rather than all plasticy like new cars.
I like them but didn't realise that the passenger one is starting to go a browny colour on half of it? :?

Back to the top
When the lid is permanently left off the big jar of Swarfega next to the sink.

When you are more knackered on a Sunday night after a weekend of working on the car than a Friday night after a week's job work.

When you have to plan guest's staying around how many parts you have in the spare bedroom at the time.

Banner

Back to the top
When someone sez "That cars older than you 8O "

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
.... when you spend the weekend cleaning and polishing it even though its SORN and its been in storage for two years....

<html>

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Fordyx/cf416f53.jpg&lt;/html&gt;

Back to the top
…. when you spend the weekend cleaning and polishing it even though its SORN and its been in storage for two years….
:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

1664 is 95% water.

Back to the top
When you lose all of your family and friends and nobody loves you anymore, not even your dogs…..You get a nasty, sweaty foot fungus that spreads slowly up your legs to your mushy flat backside due to sitting down doing nothing but post on here! I WANT MY LIFE BACK!

DREW PWEEASE WEWEASE WALT! 8O

Back to the top

Mr_GTI said

lakesk8 said

When you treat your car to gifts more than your wife!

Jjl.

I have to agree there!!! But I'd never admit that to the missus :wink:

:lol:  printing this as I type  :wink:

Back to the top
You can't black mail me :?

Back to the top
He sure cant but i can  :wink: only messing im not like that im good and my question is

"How come boy racers think Mk1's are the coolest and then they go out in there chav mobiles :? Why dont they just by one for themselfs haha there cheeper by far"

Mk1's Rock   \m/

Back to the top
by God your catching me up on post's babe  :evil:  :evil:

Back to the top
When.... the AA write warning that if you have to call them out again they will cancel your membership! What do I pay them for????

Silver MK1 Campaign 83

Magic tree pending

Back to the top

tomhudd said

When…. the AA write warning that if you have to call them out again they will cancel your membership! What do I pay them for????
I heard of this before but thought they told you if you call them again they will charge :dontknow: . I also know they charge if you call them out on a flat battery twice on the same car - which is fair enough in a way.
I had RAC membership for a while now and i've used it a few times but never on the mk1, (Impreza twice and the mk3 golf once)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.