Skip navigation

How old were you when your Golf was new?

Back to the top

How old were you when your Golf was new?

My car was already a year old when i was born! I thought i would be one of the youngest on here to be honest!  8)

Wez

1966 - Split Screen Bus

1980 - Series 1 GTI 1.6

2000 - MK4 GTI Turbo

Back to the top
nope sorry Wez!

im -7! the car is 24 and i am 17! anyone top that? maybe they have, i havnt read the whole thing! cant belive the same woman i bought it off was driving it round seven years before i was born!

seems mad when i think about it!

Greg
 :wink:

1981 Golf C 1.1
1982 Golf GTI
1992 Corrado G60
1999 Golf GT TDI

Back to the top
This is where I shows my age…I was 7 when my '72 bug was born and 19 when my '85 golf was born  8O

I would really love to have a dub that's the same age as me so I can see who lasts the longest and ages the best  :lol:

At least human's don't get rust  :?

1985 MK1 Black Cabrio almost immaculate
1972 1300 Beetle Bright Orange covered in flowers Stocker almost immaculate

Back to the top
i was born in the same year as my car 1982 i was 24 on sunday :D

JOEL GTI
1979 mk1 c 1.1L 33k sold :(
1983 mk1 GX 1.5L sold
1983 mk1 gti 1.6 cab sold
1984 mk2 polo 1.0 rat sold
1982 mk1 gti 1.8 sold
1984 mk2 GTI 16V vw motorsport project 16V very rare striped dead!
1985 mk2 GTI 8V runing 140BHP (track car) striping! Dead
1986 mk2 GL 1.8Ldead
1987 mk2 GTI 16V SOLD
Lots of mk3 gti's vr6's and a tdi all sold
1992 mk2 GTI 8V  runout edition sold then bought then sold the bought back and striped!
1990 mk2 GTI 8V in tornado red new car :)

Back to the top
Nice one Joel happy birthday for Sunday! Greg i think your the same age as kellymk1. But i know what you mean about the previous owners etc my Bus is from 66 which is 15 years older than me, i would loved to of seen how it was being used in its day lol. I also wish i had bought a MK1 when i was 17. Prob would of been a bit cheaper!  :dontknow:

Jenny not so sure about the Rust either i feel quite rusty on Sunday Mornings!  :ouch: lol

Wez

1966 - Split Screen Bus

1980 - Series 1 GTI 1.6

2000 - MK4 GTI Turbo

Back to the top
whadda Bunch of young whippersnappers y'all are

I am more than two and a half times older than my golf (had it since new)…wifey has to help me up when I crawl out from under my GerTIe ('cos I don't have roll cage to use as a Zimmer Frame)

Keep enjoying the magic machine

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
I was 25 in 1979 when my golf was born. Pass the zimmer frame - no make that a set of early chrome bumpers.  :lol:

Back to the top
I was 20 back then, the year when I purchased my first black 2.8 Capri (TOA 23Y)and the same year that my MK1 hatched.

Back to the top
OK I was 21 when my campaign was born. Yeh I'm antique but I remember when the GTI hit england and took everybody by storm. I never really got over it and had to have one for myself. Had to wait a few years though. I passed my test in my dad's scirocco gls Mk 1 which was a great car although I kept nagging him to get a golf.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Not quite in the "tax exempt :mrgreen: " bracket like the last few but i was 8 when my campaign was created

Banner

Back to the top
I was 2 when my mk1 cabriolet was made, I'm an 81 vintage, and it's an 83 vintage :D :D  

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top

Wez said

Jenny not so sure about the Rust either i feel quite rusty on Sunday Mornings!  :ouch: lol

Wez

:lmao: I so know what you mean there Wez!

Maniac you little youngster!  :wink:

1985 MK1 Black Cabrio almost immaculate
1972 1300 Beetle Bright Orange covered in flowers Stocker almost immaculate
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.