Skip navigation

What is the worst car you have ever had and WHY ?

Back to the top

What is the worst car you have ever had and WHY ?

it was a floppy top

Back to the top
Wooders have you ever considered seeing a trick cyclist about your unhinged hatred of floppy tops? it must be something deep rooted from your childhood? did someone try to abduct you in one? if so it would have been easier to escape than a tin top..

tin top owners are like sardines and there not to bright either they lock themselves in their tins and leave the key on the outside  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

mind you there are only two things smell of fish and one of them is fish!

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
no, honestly, the worst car i had, albeit for about a day, was an x reg mars orange floppy. not so much because it was a floppy, but a complete dog.

Back to the top
Moving on….

My first ever car was a 750cc FIAT PANDA! It had a hammock for a rear seat and upon passing my test I proudly took my girlfriend and her parents for the slowest ascent of Alexandra Palace hill in the world. We almost stopped and I had to keep dropping gears to get some revs and keep moving. Even the rust moved faster than that thing. It was eventually put out of its misery by a Rover SD1. Funny thing is, it had a tintop!!! :lol:

R.I.P

Tian :mrgreen:

Back to the top
All me Vauxhalls!!!! First car a Blue Chevette 1300 on an S then a Mk1 Pea Green Cavalier 1600 4 door and finally a Y plated Astra 1300S. F%^&?* the engines on all 3!!! The exhuberance of youth!!!!  :wink:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
I've only ever had 2 cars so I guess my worst one was my vauxhall astra 1.4 merit. My very first car. Aah.   Actually for a ?500 banger it was pretty good - Got me down to devon and cornwall and back about 7 or 8 times…slowly but with minimal fuss….. Apart from the time the engine cut out on the M5  8O  Though it started again so that was ok.

I miss that car  :cry:  - I suppose a first car always has a special place in one's heart.  :boohoo:

Gotta go…I'm getting all emotional now. :tlc:

1983 Lhasa Green GTI

Back to the top
My mini mayfair (first car)because a range rover hit it  :banghead: , i couldnt get out of the way quick enough in the snow bl***y 4 x 4's.Did me a favour though, i felt safe driving any other car after that.

Back to the top
vauxhall calibra bought it with my heart not my head  big end berings altanator and just about every thing else  it lookd good when it was running  ps my wife hated it :banghead:

Back to the top
Not really had a car i've hated or would sy is the worst, but it would probably have to be my 1974 Volvo 245DL Estate 2.1 Auto. Bought as a stop gap between my Renault 11 and my Astra Belmont for ?200, it was a shed in every sense of the word…

Nothing went wrong with it apart from the rear doors had seperate inner and outer skins held together with some of Isopon's finest. A rust bubble on top of the offside wing looked innocent enough until i tried my hand at body work repair… by the time i'd ground the rust away i could fit my head through the hole.

Handled like a barge and drank fuel quicker than an F15 with afterburners lit…

Not all bad though; it was rear wheel drive. When it failed the MoT it was because of the bodywork and not the mechanics. Sold the Towbar for ?75, the stainless exhast for ?75 to the same bloke, and sold the rest of the car to a breaker for ?150 (he had a mint bodied one with a seized lump!)

'85 GTi Cabriolet
'80 Kawasaki KDX 175
'93 Kawasaki ZZR 600
'97 Chrysler Grand Voyager

Back to the top
I have only ever owned Mk1s Mk2s Rallyes Audi UR quattro and a couple of Corrados… They are all awful as they kick you in the head and run off with the wallet… but then I do love them…
Only none VAG car was company car Vectra previously owned by Mr.T or someone with as much bling.. The steering wheel gearknob door cards…the whole interior bore the Jewelery damage scratches and was fragged. I loathed its poor visibility and had two Vnear misses thanks to it. However it was a workhorse so cant complain..

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top
My second car was a p reg 1.25 16v fiesta Ghia which i bought from a friend as a favour, it went well but the power steering was far to light and the handling was quite frankly dangerous!! Sold it within 2 weeks for more than i paid, wahey, then i bought my first mk1 GTi, wahey!

I'm now mk1less, ahhhhhhh!
Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top
the current company / fleet car - renault megane with a boot, looks awful, pedals aren't in line with the drivers seat so my back kills after an hour, really bad blind spots on the rear pillars, rolls around like a 2CV, but the reason why i hold onto it is it has a boot like tha tardis, so is ideal for runs to the tip, in fact everyone in teh street uses it for that lol

<html>

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/Fordyx/cf416f53.jpg&lt;/html&gt;

Back to the top
mine was a mk2 fiesta 1.1, in burgundy. i had to carry a big bottle of water with me for when it overheated. it did`nt have intermittent wipers so when in traffic i would switch them on for one wipe then switch them off and count to ten and repeat so no`one would know. sad isn`t it?

Back to the top
Mine was a VW baja bug - refused to stay in 4th gear, so when driving on the highway, if I needed to change lanes and indicate, I had to push the clutch in, quickly indicate, release clutch and hold the gear stick in 4th!!!  Nightmare!!!  But, to be fair - thats when the "bug" bit me  :lol:  Bought an Alfa 1500 Veloce after that, got sick of getting drenched from the sunroof everytime I went round a corner, then bought a Mazda 323 2L 16v (phwar!! - yummy speed and handling), the ex got that in the divorce so I picked up a Citi Golf CTi which was my dream car.  Managed to cram 10 kids in it when going go-karting (little blighters wouldn't get out the car .. they had far to much fun listening to me swearing like a trouper trying to get over the speed bumps in Johannesburg!).

'90 MK1 Clipper, Black - Sold :-(
BMW 323i 2.5

Back to the top

hmm

Lancia Delta GT 1.3

nice car but there was more gaffer tape than bodywork although it was as quick as a 1.6gti

just a complete rust bucket :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Fiat punto mk2. A 'gift' from my parents, so I was obliged to keep it. Even though the head gasket went every 40k pretty much exactly everytime. Plus the power steering failed going around a corner. And the exhaust fell off. Twice.

Infact the first time the exhaust fell off it came off near the front end, and as I was going about 20 mph at the time the whole back end of the car ended up pivoting in the air on top of the now vertical back exhaust section.

God, I HATED that car.

Back to the top
Paid £15k for a Nissan almera sport, was for old folk, traded it 4 months later and lost £7k on it but it was worth it.
My wife told me it was a belter but I never listened and she was right for once.

Chris

Back to the top
Alpha 156…why? Did i mention it was an Alpha?  Constantly throwing up engine faults, needed a new cat at 20k.

Back to the top
1991 mini cooper 1275cc, constant timing issues, splutterin everytime it rained and the fact it ate wheel bearings for breakfast.. but, i did fix the spluttering i just used a thin plastic board and covered my electrics, and the bearings was my fault, 13x7 wheels and the feeling you get wheel spinnin up hills lol, stl got the car now, its al part of the fun was a lovely adventure

Back to the top
Worst car I had was an ex water board 1985 metro van,I converted it to a car using full interior and glass from a wtite off.It was 5year old when I got it rotted around me constantly  :cry: was sick of rot so bunged it in car auctions no reserve good ridance :banghead:
There are too many online users to list.