Skip navigation

What would YOU do?

Back to the top

What would YOU do?

Hi Jennybugs…. just continuing the conversation we were having on dubgrrls post on the back to the future rocco.

Ok so we are still discussing the colour of your golf.

Dubboy is questioning the authenticity of it all ( I knew he's do that LOL :lol: )

So Dubboy…. what does it say in your almighty mk1 encyclopaedia about this one?????

It's the only mk1 I've ever seen in oak green and jennybugs has proof with the paint stickers……. Is it an import or is it a very rare uk car?

Nothings impossible and I'm betting it is all kosha!

Jenny I don?t think the bosch fogs are factory and in my opinion look naff. The twin grille is also unlikely to be factory… (which was why I was a bit of a doubting Thomas originally)

I would love to have a look and your mk1. It looks in top nick in your pictures but if you are a perfectionist I would say this car is worthy of investing captial in. Go for it!

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Yes, the Oak Green is very strange and I have not seen any documentation on it being available for the Mk1

But the sticker seems authentic to me, so the only thing I can think of is that it is a "Special Colour". Quite often VW (and all OEMs) will develop special colours to meet a special customer need, e.g. German PO, police vehicles, etc. It will be a lot more expensive, but for whatever reason maybe the original customer ordered it like this.

Banner

Back to the top
Everything on my GTi is original, and from what I can gather the 'extra touches' were done at time of original purchase with regard to the double grille and spots (not too sure I like them either)!  I am going to contact the original owner again to see if I can find out more.  Failing that maybe I will write to VW just to keep everyone happy! LMAO  :lol:

I am rather amused at how much debate on the authenticity and the originality of the car has caused!  :lol:

1985 MK1 Black Cabrio almost immaculate
1972 1300 Beetle Bright Orange covered in flowers Stocker almost immaculate

Back to the top
I think with the sticker you have a genuine car, but if you find out any more info from VW on how it was ordered I would be interested to know as the colour does not appear in any German brochures (it was a German import right?)

Banner

Back to the top
Yes it was originally imported from Germany.  I think I will certainly now write to VW as I too am becoming intrigued!  :lol:
Maybe I should write to Wolfsburg direct instead of going thru the UK channels  :dontknow:  Might get more of a response  :mrgreen:
I've been ploughing through all the tons of papers I got with the car and seeing if it has any more info in there.  All I can find so far is confirmation that it was originally registered and or used overseas before being brought to the UK.

Oh well best get writing then!  :wink:

Back to the top

jennybugs said

Yes it was originally imported from Germany.  I think I will certainly now write to VW as I too am becoming intrigued!  :lol:
Maybe I should write to Wolfsburg direct instead of going thru the UK channels  :dontknow:  Might get more of a response  :mrgreen:
I've been ploughing through all the tons of papers I got with the car and seeing if it has any more info in there.  All I can find so far is confirmation that it was originally registered and or used overseas before being brought to the UK.

Oh well best get writing then!  :wink:

Hi Jen,

I see you are thinking of writing to Germany re your Golf.  When I read VolksWorld a few years ago someone suggested getting letters to VW translated into German before sending them.  Seems this impresses them and they will go the extra mile to help you with your query!  Just a thought.

Back to the top
What does it need doing to it like?

Back to the top
I e-mailed germany direct and got all the build info on my Campaign :wink:  ( I wrote in English!)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Steve, it needs more doing to it than my clockwork orange beetle does!  :lol:
Got 2 new front wings for it and another scuttle to go on and then it's a complete respray having first got rid of the numerous amount of rust spots.

Postman Pat…how's yer German?  :wink:

Mr hairybum…got that email address hun?  :y:

Back to the top
Keep it! simple as that, keep a another mk1 on the road, against all the crappie saxo tart rubbish!!

Wats the underside like, round the chassis legs, cross member, and rear beam mount, as long as theres no massive holes here you'll fine, even then as we,ve seen on this site they still weldable, looks alright in the pics, build yourself a wicked mk1, you won't regret it! :wink:

Back to the top
Just pannels and paint then?  Dead easy!  finding decent welders is a pain at the mo like - give me a shout if you get stuck and get it done!

Back to the top

jennybugs said

Will dig it out for you tonight jenny

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

jennybugs said

Will dig it out for you tonight jenny

Cheers mr fuzzyrear  :mrgreen:

Steve chicks…ta…I'll bear that in mind…  :wink:

Back to the top
You have PM Jenny :wink:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Thanks for that chicks!  :wink:

Will keep you posted!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.