Skip navigation

MK1 20vt Megasquirt v.335

Back to the top

MK1 20vt Megasquirt v.335

foxymk1 said

id like to know how soon the mounts will be as i am interested in a few of them,
does your wiring system need putint on a computer after fitting as you did with yours?
i am very interested in both items if you get the mounts done

once the wiring and is all in and the ecu is fitted you connect the ecu to a laptop via a serial cable so you can make as many or little adjustments as you like also there a stim available so you can test the ecu out of the car but thats extra money :lol:  :lol:

as for the mounts ill speak to my mate this weekend and find out how many mk1 mounts we have knocking around as without the original mounts we cannot make them i know we have 3 for sure 8)  8)

Back to the top

Back to the top

mapping

it doesnt take a brain scientist to get it mapped right you get full manual on mapping which can be downloaded on line from www.msefi.com this gives you an indepth look at whats involved also toyotec from cgti does a mapping service as for costs im not sure

i think if you go to a rolling road its ?30 and hour

Back to the top

mk1 20vt

Hey there guys what a nice day yestarday!!  8)  got a couple of my unckles up to help and remove my engine  :) success at the end but  was fighting wiv the timing belt side mount for hours something to watch out for but theres always one init everytime me turned it would just spring bak  :banghead: so at the end i just decided to remove the other 3 mounts and let the engine drop on the gearbox side and had no other choice but to grind the mount off!! I think that the rubber inside the mount may ave melted over time around the threads! So next i need to get short ov my 1.8 8v block to proceed with my next step. the engine is still in fair condition for the age and last time i had it running there was no signs of oil leaks etc… Will my 8v rod g/box be okay with my 20vt lump??
Cheerz

Back to the top
Ben, keep seeing your Cab (and the green tin top) at NR but havent had a chance to have a proper look.

Keeping an eye on this, has anyone else gone for MS on teh 20VT yet?

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

ms

yes to date there is 2 running ms my cabby and a 20vt caddy also in the process of getting 8 ecus built for other people wanting to go down this route so its seems to have been a sucess :lol:  :lol:

you should come and say hello at the next nr be good to put a face to a name ill buy ya a burger :lol:  :lol:

also toytec was at the last no rice he was the coloured guy with the monza blue 16vt running ms hes the guy thats building the unit he knows his stuff too 8)

Back to the top

mk1 20vt

Hey ben howz it goin m8? was just wanting to ask you what the best way to remove the flyweel assembly from my 20vt block as the engine turns as i try to loosen the bolts! is there any easier way too loosen or lock the engine from turning as i loosten the bolts and i also dont have a air gun!  :dontknow:

Cheerz

Back to the top

Re: mk1 20vt

Vman said

Hey ben howz it goin m8? was just wanting to ask you what the best way to remove the flyweel assembly from my 20vt block as the engine turns as i try to loosen the bolts! is there any easier way too loosen or lock the engine from turning as i loosten the bolts and i also dont have a air gun!  :dontknow:

Cheerz

Back to the top

lol

i was gonna say large hammer but i think paul c has the right idea  :lol:  :lol:  nice spanner by the way just the right shape

Back to the top

Re: lol

bens_cab said

i was gonna say large hammer but i think paul c has the right idea  :lol:  :lol:  nice spanner by the way just the right shape

You can do it with a straight spanner too, its just easier with the C shaped one. Credit where credit's due, I found this little tip from Broke (www.brokevw.com).

Back to the top

lol

i would have claimed that as my own  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

Re: ms

bens_cab said

yes to date there is 2 running ms my cabby and a 20vt caddy also in the process of getting 8 ecus built for other people wanting to go down this route so its seems to have been a sucess :lol:  :lol:

you should come and say hello at the next nr be good to put a face to a name ill buy ya a burger :lol:  :lol:

also toytec was at the last no rice he was the coloured guy with the monza blue 16vt running ms hes the guy thats building the unit he knows his stuff too 8)
will do mate, whereever No Rice ends up!

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

mk1 20vt

lol

:lol:

Cheers

Back to the top
Pics are not working on your main link Ben ?

Can you fix ?

Back to the top

Back to the top

hmm

what no pics cant be doing with that now can we heres few bits to tease you with lol

Back to the top

Back to the top

hmm

ill try a find somthing for you later  :wink:

Back to the top

forgot

forgit to add ordered my qpeng downpipe today and heat wrap so it will indeed be guns blazing at santa pod

just new rear wheel bearings and cv joints to change

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.