Skip navigation

MK1 20vt Megasquirt v.335

Back to the top

MK1 20vt Megasquirt v.335

Who did you get your engine mounts from. Im just doing an s3 conversion with mtm upgrade. If you are getting a new turbo garrett do one which bolts straight on and gives you 300hp+.

Back to the top

20v

i made my own mounts which wasnt to hard eurotech make them and can be contacted via edition 38 forum

ive got a ko3 turbo for now looking to upgrade once ive got used to the conversion and stopped breaking things :lol:  :lol:

200bhp is plenty in a mk1 any more and your just better on having only 4th and 5th gear :lol:  :lol:

but the grin :o  factor of 300bhp all wheel drive will be amusing good luck

if you get stuck i can help with some advice

Back to the top

car

kinda bringing this back to life theres been lots of questions regarding 20vt conversions this would be the ideal place for me to awnser your questions

i can now supply megasquirt ecus all set and ready to go for little money compared to emerald or dta

ive been using my car for a few weeks now without any problems apart from cramp in my face from the grinning :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

at last

well quick update

been driving the car for a month now only running 2psi so i could give it a good shake down  :lol: luckily nothings broken yet so thats a start

well today i went to see a guy from cgti in london to get it mapped and what can i say oh my god ive created an animal :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

so now im running 7 psi all the maps were adjusted nicely around this big shout to my partner in crime toyotec hes the man when it comes to mapping anyway while we on the private airstrip we did some testing using the g-tech pro

we were getting 1/4 mile times of 14.2 seconds but thats with the car spinning in 1st 2nd 3rd realy hard to get traction but what a day the most chucklesome day ever

next stage will be to increase the boost in 2 psi increments until it gets to a point where the car is 1/4 mile monster

theres is a video but i may need to edit it as the airstrip was busy today  :lol:

Back to the top

Re: at last

bens_cab said

well quick update

been driving the car for a month now only running 2psi so i could give it a good shake down  :lol: luckily nothings broken yet so thats a start

well today i went to see a guy from cgti in london to get it mapped and what can i say oh my god ive created an animal :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

so now im running 7 psi all the maps were adjusted nicely around this big shout to my partner in crime toyotec hes the man when it comes to mapping anyway while we on the private airstrip we did some testing using the g-tech pro

we were getting 1/4 mile times of 14.2 seconds but thats with the car spinning in 1st 2nd 3rd realy hard to get traction but what a day the most chucklesome day ever

next stage will be to increase the boost in 2 psi increments until it gets to a point where the car is 1/4 mile monster

theres is a video but i may need to edit it as the airstrip was busy today  :lol:

high mate

just a quick question really, do you get alot more wind noise now you have done this conversion

i would love this in the cab, bet you can`t stop smiling when your driving it :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

Kenno said

bens_cab said

do you get alot more wind noise

from outside or in?

Back to the top

wind noise

to be honest you dont hear the wind noise when the turbo is screaming let me out:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

no honestly ive never suffered from the dreaded wind noise even before the conversion although im sure i must get it just dont hear it

Back to the top

wooders said

Kenno said

do you get alot more wind noise

from outside or in?

lol :lol:  :lol:

both i guess

Back to the top

lol

most of the wind noise is normaly coming from the passengers direction followed by a odd smell :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

heat

well took the car to no rice on wednesday first time the cab had been there since the engine conversion

it was more like a show than a meet way to many people 300 plus they reckon

car drove perfectly there but on the way back we had a minor problem with it jumping from 2 to 4 cylinders any way got back ok and it turns out the coilpack loom is getting heat soak from the engine causing the soldered joints to come apart  :lol:  :lol:

so just off to see if i can get some heat proof wrap for that part of the loom no major problem just a pain when your travelling a long distance

got some footage from last sunday showing the car does run  :lol: excuse the commentry eddie was in the mood to impress :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

MK1 20VT

Hey this my first post n first i jus gotta big up Bens cab WOW exellent work m8  8O  i have also got a 1990 mk1 clipper n i owned it 4 several years now and would kill 4 it  :evil:  currently im in the process of removing the engine to prep the bay! I have managed to build up the confidence to do it maself wiv my personal past experience and wiv a big THANKS to all the forums and kind helpfull people. its a task ive always wanted to complete myself! But due to ma welding skills being  :banghead: i was wondering Ben if you could maybe huk me up wiv the custom mounts i require for the installation of the 20vt my engine code iz ARZ and i am gunna go for the vr6 cable gearbox!!
What u think m8?
Cheerz eathier way!!!

Back to the top

cheers

hi mate the gearbox mounts are available from www.g-werks.com this wll sort 3 of the 4 mounts out then the cambelt end mount can either be fabbed up or got from a guy called synchro on www.dubforce.com

or failing that if your in no rush im gettinga template ready for a mate of mine so he can get it welded where he works maybe able to get a few done depending on interest 8)  8)

Back to the top

mk1 20tvt

Hey Ben thanks alot 4 dat reply bud! appriciated!! i hav already spoke to Mr Leech down at qpeng and he sound and he been Very helpfull man! I was bord and was flyin about ma area n remembrd a place near me in motherwell in bonny scotland (ma arse) and  :cry:  left in a totally negative attitude as he explained wen he had managed 2 get a min 4 a potential customer dat i need a hydralic gearbox and dat tha every stand alone system fails regularly and also that he would need to fit the engine otherwise it basically impossible!! so i cudnt really help but think twice bout my research and positive approch to my conversion! Been gutted all day now coz it really pissd me off coz me do reasearch wat im gunna do n me do know wat im getn maself into as ive had the engine 4 almost 3yr now and been waitin 4 tha conversion to get mo popular which it has :mrgreen: and i do know ther always sum1 bigga n betta!!

No offence to any1!!
but if ya wanna bring it on bring it k!!

Back to the top

hmm

well firstly you dont need a hydrulic gearbox the original 020 is fine to be going on with or a 16v 020 is good

as for the ecu i can supply megasquirt units which is what i run ive had no problems since the car has been on the road the ecu will control evreything and more

once the engine is in and mounted its pretty much a case of finding all the little bits n pieces that you will need nothing is impossible my friend trust me :wink:

Back to the top

mk1 20vt

Hey bud me just at the start the now basically got everything disconnected and the engine is now free to come out   :roll:  so next i will be checking for any parts of the bay that may need welded etc.. so may take a wee while depending on the cash flow and time!! When you thinkin of makin the mounts m8? and will the megasquirt system be PnP? and also m8 were will i find the code on the gearbox

Thanks

Back to the top

ms

the megasquirt isnt plug and play but doesnt take much to get connected theres only about 8 wires from the fuesbox thats needed then its a case of soldering the engine harness to the megasquirt db37 plug

if the gearbox is a rod change id leave it in and use it to start with you can always replace when it goes bang if it does :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

mk1 20vt

Cheerz 4 takin tha time to reply m8, yeh me aint amazin but tink me cud handle a bit ov soldering n bits n bobs dat u mentioned. When do u fink u will b makin tha cam side mount up by so i hav a rough idea m8?  :dontknow:

Back to the top
id like to know how soon the mounts will be as i am interested in a few of them,
does your wiring system need putint on a computer after fitting as you did with yours?
i am very interested in both items if you get the mounts done

Back to the top
Inspirational, really enjoying this thread.

Vman, you do know that you are not texting this

:)

U sure you are from Motherwell, mate?  U sound like you are from an Island in Jamaica  :wink:
I am only kidding…

Vman, I know of the place in Motherwell ( i used to live near it)  I have heard mixed reports from them about the guy's attitude, although he does get alot of timewasters, but that's no excuse for the way you were treated.

Back to the top

mk1 20vt

Hey me aint from a Island in Jamaica pal but i am goin to the SnoopDogg n P.Diddy concert next week in the secc glasgow lol cant wait  :lol: which reminds me  if any1 here lukin 4 tickets i got some!! anyway you seem to understand what im saying init so whats tha harm in the way i say it?? and i just gave my opinion of that garage like any1 would ie, if you went to pcworld and asked for help upgrading your computer!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.