Skip navigation

MK1 20vt Megasquirt v.335

Back to the top

MK1 20vt Megasquirt v.335

sneeky tactics there!   :twisted:

but a good way to see how it should be done!

dub76 must be a very nice chap, to let you take piccies  :)

Stay out of the black…
 And into the red….
 You get nothing in this game for 2 in a bed!

Back to the top

20vt

yep hes ok i guess :lol: its kinda handy you should check his car out its the green mk1 (snot green) were talking retro hes done a good job hard to beleive he drives a golf older than me  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

and for my next project rear engined polo coupe hmmm audi v8 bi turbo yup thats gonna wheelie lol :o

think the engine would reach the 1/4 mile finish before the driver

Back to the top
holy shite!!!!
 a V8 olop!   It`ll rip it to shreds.  :twisted:  :twisted:

Stay out of the black…
 And into the red….
 You get nothing in this game for 2 in a bed!

Back to the top

20vt

pics will be posted later of some handy welding to the new front pipe

Back to the top

20vt

after seeing dub76 20vt come back from emerald boasting 198bhp my own conversion has gone into overdrive

hopefully ill remember the camera tommorow and post sum pics of how tight my fabbed up front pipe is it runs close to the steering knuckle but hey ive got kevlar heat shilding going there

until tommorow folks :D  :D

Back to the top
how's it going? Any more pics…. I'm going to do an engine swap in my 83 golf gti. It's really interesting to see how your getting on. :D  8O

Back to the top

20vt

cheers

im getting there just working out some water pipe issues what radiator to use its all the little odds and sods which cause so much grief

just about to ring emerald and order the ecu which is gonna cost ?800 ouch but hey what the hell its xmas

i will post sum more pictures tonite

Back to the top

20vt

heres sum more pics mainly of how tight things get with the downpipe ive stared to make a new pipe using the audi flange you get the idea any way when you see the photos its tight betwenn the downpipe and the steering knuckle but it does fit

also a little bracket i made to house the fuel filter which is from a mk2 digifant sits just lovely

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ben.lomas1@btinternet.com/album?.dir=/b301

Back to the top
check this out, Rolle?s finnish version how to put 20vt in mk1
i think its best 20vt modification what i have seen

http://www.pajalle.com/cars.php?id=021&lang=en

Back to the top
Nice work Ben. :clap:  The hard bit is to come with all that wiring though. Good luck mate  :wink:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
hows it going? im thinkin about doing the same conversion in mine. any chance u could put sum pics up of how uv mounted the engine on the drivers side? keep up the good work, its luking great.

Back to the top

mount

hi i made the mount using a card board template i just worked out how much room i had did a bit of welding to modifiy the mount its trial an error theres a good thread on vortex about the measurements ill get sum photos of mine up soon

only thing stopping me at the moment is the ecu just waiting for sum money then its all action again

Back to the top

here we go

For all you guys looking to do this i have got a list from dub76 of all the bits required
ive fitted the intercooler now just waiting for sum samco to get the boost system all set up then its a case of getting the wiring loom sorted

the 20vt is a good choice if you have the money ive built mine so far from scratch so ant questions feel free to ask

Back to the top
What was your doner engine code AGU.AUM?

Where did you get your engine mounts from.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

20vt

the engine was from a audi a3 its the agu lump which is 150 bhp but ive spoken to a guy at vw and he reckons the agu is one of the best blocks good for 250 200bhp before internals are needed im sure ill find out how good they are once its runnng

the mount is a pre fab jobby im a whiz with the mig welder as long as the engine sits at 15 degrees you shouldnt have to many problens you can get the inline 20vt lump which will let you bolt a mk1 mount straight onto it but then you need to get a new turbo and inlet manifold so making a mount is cheaper

Back to the top

ecu

just a quick note just spoken to a company in wiltshire that build the megasquirt ecu system they now have a new system that will do the same as an emerald or dta but get this it only costs ?300 and its fully mapable

the sytem is know as

M_Tech v3   hopefully they will get back to  me tommorow with an awnser to my questions like sensor and timing control but its looking good

Back to the top
Sounds good!

management on a sensible budget  8)

hows it going at the moment?  :)

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

20vt

ok im just getting back into it after a few weeks break from the old girl trying to work out ic pipes at the moment and its a right old game trying to work all the different size hoses but hopefully it will be running by the end of the month depending on ecu

i will compile a photo album and notes on what i have done when i get some time :D  :D  :D  :D

Back to the top

20vt

got my ecu now using megasquirt v3 to control fuel and ignition using coil on plug setup so fingers crossed this will work good and if it does i could give you guys all the info you need to get one

Back to the top

joyful occasion

Ok guys heres the news you all wanted yes you can run a 20v turbo engine in a mk1 golf with megasquirt for ?250 8O

now that beats any other ecu any immobiliser defeat and you get better performance it just takes more time to fit if anyone wants info on this email me

the good bit is im the only person in the uk running megasquirt with coil on plug setup so i will have a complete list of setting s to help anyone out who wants to go down this route :D  :D

There are too many online users to list.