Skip navigation

Found You!!!

Back to the top

Found You!!!

Hello, just a welcome note. New to the site and glad to have found you guys.

Bit about my mk1's. My first Golf was a 83' A reg Driver which I had a few years back and I'm now running a Series 1 79' V plate Golf L. Not a GTI, but still has the power of 1093 horses…..Impressive!! Only just got her last week and she's a bit of a gem. She been garaged all her life (So I've been told) and has 59K from new-Receipts & MOT's seem to back this up. She's a Reddy/Orange colour and I'd be interested to know the name of the colour?? (She's not bright red)

Anyway, seems like a really well run and professional site (Just what's needed!!!), got to go…..Cricket's coming back on!!!

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top
Welcome to the site! :D  More pics please of your L for the Series 1 fanatics  8)  Sounds like a tasty Mk1.

Your colour is Mars Red (L31B)

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
hi dubboy,
why were the older golfs produced with one orange and 2 red lights at the back, like in yout pic of the blue golf? and then later changed to white red orange.???

'04 golf 4 1.9 tdi

'05 citi golf 1.4i

Back to the top
hi dubboy,
why were the older golfs produced with one orange and 2 red lights at the back, like in yout pic of the blue golf? and then later changed to white red orange.???

what was the 2nd red light used for?

'04 golf 4 1.9 tdi

'05 citi golf 1.4i

Back to the top
I think the early series 1 golfs had separate Reversing lights, whilst the later series 1's had then encorporated……I think.

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top
Welcome to the site.. sounds like you've come across a great find!

would be nice to see some pics

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Come on, Someone tell me…..How do I get photo's on here????

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top
goto www.photobucket.com and register (free).. quick easy to follow to upload a picture to there..

Then copy the IMG link under the photo which looks like this :-

(IMG)http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/PhillT1/241004Pic3.jpg(/IMG)

NOTE: the open and close brackets's need to be the square brackets for the picture to be displayed

Hope this helps, I think there will be a guide soon on how to add photo's to posts

Back to the top
Come on, Someone tell me…..How do I get photo's on here????

See here http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…562&highlight=photobucket

hi dubboy,

what was the 2nd red light used for?

Reversing lights were an option from the start of production on some models and then standardised in 1976. The "2nd red light" is just a dummy, a placeholder for the reversing light. I suppose it was left red due to cost of putting three colours in the lens or just so it did not look like the lights did not work when reversing!

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
:lol: Or see dubboy's link

Back to the top
Thanks for the help PhillTMK1GTI & dubboy. I think I've cracked it….Not the greatest photo's (I'll take some better shot's soon) here goes!

Couple of questions…….the bumpers and arch plastics don't seem right for the car???? The chap who had it before me said he replaced the bumpers, as the originals were a bit rough. I think he may have added the arch covers and a lip spoiler as well??? If this is the case it will be returned to it's original status. She really is a clean machine……really looked after (Apparently 2 elderly lady owners for the 1st 20 years). In the week since I've had her I've had several people offer to buy her, loads of people flashing/staring and giving the thumbs up.

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top
Definitely don't need the wheelarch spats or the bib spoiler. Not sure about the bumpers though. Dubboy is your man!

Looks a beauty though! :y:

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
That paint looks so fresh! I'd be seriously pleased with myself if I were you!

Great stuff  :y: be sure to be at the owners meet on the 28th

Back to the top
hi there
the car looks great,
i just have one question,
was a bee sting aerial standard in those days?

'04 golf 4 1.9 tdi

'05 citi golf 1.4i

Back to the top
Never on the mk1 Golf. Only downside on the car I think. Reasonably easy to sort though.

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Nice find - and welcome to the club (you paid up yet  :wink: )

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Nice car - bring it to Gaydon on the 28th!!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Thanks for the compliments on the car……she's blushing! Bee sting isn't nice and needs to be gone! PhillTMK1GTI, your right, the paint is very fresh…….infact when I 1st saw her I was thinking she'd been sprayed, turns out she's just been really looked after.

Didn't know until today about the meet at Gaydon and I'll try and be there. Couple of questions Is it strictly MK1's on show?,does the entry fee include membership to here? and is there an autojumble???

P.s. Can anyone confirm if my bumpers are standard……dubboy??

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top
Ref Gaydon, yes it is MK1's only. U can turn up in any car but will be 'relagated' to public car park if not in a MK1!!

The ?10 entry (same as last years fee) also covers membership until end of 2005 and a sticker.

Ref Autojumble, trying to get as much in as poss. Unfortunately, traders don't seem so keen to come but Crazyquiff has a full trade stand and it sound like plenty of people will be bringing bits to sell out of their boots!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Original paint like that must be very rare! especially for a series 1!

Hope to see it at Gaydon

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.