Skip navigation

GX-restoration part 2 :-)

Back to the top

GX-restoration part 2 :-)

Very nice, just like when it first left the factory :D . Is the engine standard or have you modfied it at all?

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
You will have a very tidy car and reliable engine when you have finished your work! nice job! 8)

Back to the top

markwon said

Very nice, just like when it first left the factory :D . Is the engine standard or have you modfied it at all

hi
averything is standard,i`ll use only exchaust system from gti becouse i want use stressbars,all other things are totaly original.
by the way-somebody going to Wolfsburg meeting in summer?
thanks for comments!

Remember, VW made the last car in 1992. After that they started making vehicles.

Back to the top
I really want to go, and I think we where going to organise a trip but things have kind of changed direction. I think maybe a small group may go to wolfsburg as it would be a shame to miss the anniversary.
Nice work on the car by the way VW man

Back to the top
welcome back guys after long breake :)

big come back of my gx :) it`s painted now.
and i`m reminding question about who going to wolfsburg meeting 14-17july becouse i`m going and could be nice meet somone there from this forum.it`s great meeting anyway so i recomended it.

Remember, VW made the last car in 1992. After that they started making vehicles.

Back to the top
WOW! - Looks stunning paint job - what a transformation!

Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
that is simply….. not enuff pictures :lol:

that looks really really nice… love the colour and the paint job!

8)

Back to the top

Carbs4ever said

that is simply….. not enuff pictures

yee right  :lol:  tomorow will more.Work is very nice now,all is clean and almost ready to fit.i must finish before meeting in wolfsburg but of course not making bad quality works.

Back to the top
i found some more so……… :)

Back to the top
niiiiiiiiiiceeeeeeeeeeee! 8)

more pics more pics more pics with the ATS cups!

paint your calipers with Lexus Barley Gold (i think it is that colour i can't remember exactly :?  but its that gold lexus colour anyway) it looks exactly like the yellow plating and it will protect the callipers and look shiney longer than yellow plating..

i got a tin mixed up for like ?5!

Back to the top
what kind of paint it is?

Back to the top
metallic gold - etch prime the yellow plating first

Back to the top
thanks…i just though maybe yes but wasn`t sure.
will you come to wolfsburg meeting?

Back to the top
cannot make it to meeting

Back to the top
so maybe next year you will go.

Back to the top
Welcome back vw-man!

It's been ages since I saw what you've done to your car, but I have to say it looks great :y: I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's finished.

I can't make the Wolfsburg meet either as my golf isn't ready but maybe next year - I hope mine will be running by then  :)

Rich

Back to the top
hi mcscrew!
i`m working very hard last time about 5-6 hours a day with my gx.i`ll finish for 2 weeks and i`m going to wolfsburg meeting.yesterday i was working with back wiper engine and all wires there.i can say pushing this engine there is like preparing to have job in cirkus  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
thank you for your opinion  :wink:

Back to the top
Excellent resto, superb work :wink:  very happy to see u kept that beautiful original papyrus green :wink:  i just sold my beloved driver in that colour :cry:  and ill never get another, i hope its new owner restores it to the same excellence of yours :D

Greg 8)

1981 Golf C 1.1
1982 Golf GTI
1992 Corrado G60
1999 Golf GT TDI

Back to the top
hi guys!
photo of my gx but very bad quality :)

Back to the top
Nice one! REally came together quick - done good job! Are you driving it over for our Gaydon meet?! :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.