Skip navigation

GX-restoration part 2 :-)

Back to the top

GX-restoration part 2 :-)

oooof!!! it was much work but engine and gearbox are removed,engine is prepared to cosmetic works  :D

and engine bay is empty so i can work in now

cheers…….

Remember, VW made the last car in 1992. After that they started making vehicles.

Back to the top
Looking really good there.  Coming along much faster than mine (I can't weld like that though :x ).  Does anyone know if you can get the top part of the front bulkhead where the plastic protector fits over the wiper motor (the part furthest away from the windscreen)? Seen clearly in these last pics.

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Imitation Magic Tree - 'Black Ice' smell
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top
Thats a great little engine stand there vwman! at a nice height to for working at!

Great work by the way and the bay looks fresh too!

Back to the top
Shortstuff - I can cut a used one from one of my shells if you want.  Don't forget that you will need to transfer the chassis number stamps also.

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Crazyquiff, you have pm.  Forgot about the chassis numbers there :oops:

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Imitation Magic Tree - 'Black Ice' smell
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top
i started welding frame for body restoration,soon will be ready.
some photos of this.

:wink:   cheers

Remember, VW made the last car in 1992. After that they started making vehicles.

Back to the top
How's your resto going vw-man? It's been ages since we've seen some pics!  :lol:

Back to the top
hi
sorry guys hi hi  :lol:  soon next photos but not much done becouse of stupid wether-my works mostly depend from that.as you know i have to cramped garage for body works. photos soon  :wink:

Back to the top
hello !
i`m back hi hi.here some photos from my last works  :)

soon more ….  :wink:

Back to the top
Looking good, as always :y:

What colour are you going to spray it when it's done?

Rich

Back to the top
Nice efforts there! Thanks for updating us with the pics  :y:

Banner

Back to the top

mcscrew said

Looking good, as always :y:

What colour are you going to spray it when it's done?

Rich

it will be sprayed in the same colour as it`s ( it was hi hi  :lol: ) now it`s cleaned to original primer.will be painted with use DuPont 2 pack paint but not in this year  :(  i think next spring becouse i want  go to Wolfsburg mk-1 meeting and car must be finished.i was on it first time in this year and i liked it very much so i can`t imagine not going there  :y: it was realy great there.hope i can see you there     someday  :tlc:

Back to the top
welcome again!
pictures from my last work

painted with acid primer

Back to the top
Good welding vw-man  :D and a nice repair .

Looking forward to seeing the finished car

Cheers…………

Back to the top
hi!
wether starting to be not so nice last time but hopefuly floor from driver side is close to finish,some pics -welded floor
before

after

other works:
-with rear number plate lights(not finished grinding)

-engine mount repair

-and small repair panel-hand made ha ha

Back to the top
Nice job  :D you are very skilled ……….

Well done mate
 p.s love your shoes  :lol:

Cheers……..

Back to the top
Love the repair patchs :y: very well made, bet they took some time shaping. Great to see you replicating the original seam construction and joins of the panels. What sort of welder are you using? Look like nice big clean spot welds.

You car seems to have very similar rust to mine. As well the rear arch/trurret rust, the rust area on the left hand side floor to sill area looks identical :roll: . I have patched it for the mean time. Have to wait till next summer to rebuild the area accurately. Starting to loose the good weather here in the Uk as well, although I'm sure it gets a bt colder in Poland.

cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
hi markwon!
thanks for good opinions,from chudd too!
About welder-it`s just normal Mig-Mag .i`ll take a look what corect technical data it have if you need.This weld look so clean becouse from time to time i`m cleaning it with wire brusch for better contact.I`m useing to weld 0,8 wire size and bigger amperage-it give good penetration and resonably flat weld but you should be very careful becouse too long one weld can easyly make hole in tin body metal. one more-i`m useing 230v -i have only this in garage,two times burned main fuse ha ha ,better results are with 360v. :lol:
one more about wire-i used before 0,6 wire ,in my opinion it`s nothing wort,bad penetration even in bigger amperage and wire speed so changed for 0,8 -more risk of hole burning but time make from you master  :lol:

Back to the top

chudd said

Nice job  :D you are very skilled ……….

Well done mate
 p.s love your shoes  :lol:

Cheers……..

ha ha thanks-if you want i can ship to you a pair if you like them,ha ha
what size of foot you have ?…..ha ha  :lol:
thanks for restoration coment..
cheers..

Back to the top
hi!
i`m back after long breake.here my engine restoration close to finish.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.