Skip navigation

GX-restoration part 2 :-)

Back to the top

GX-restoration part 2 :-)

hello! I`m back!
here some pictures from my restoration.It`s proccesing very slow becouse i didn`t have much time and the wether lust times is bad(i like work aoutside).

Remember, VW made the last car in 1992. After that they started making vehicles.

Back to the top
Some nice looking repairs there - much more to do?

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
hi!
o yes! it`s much to do,for example some weldings works,not much but need time to do it best as posible.i think to paint the body in lust days of august i hope but before a lot of work  :roll:

Remember, VW made the last car in 1992. After that they started making vehicles.

Back to the top
Impressed

I see you are working in a cramped garage and doing a first class job well done , you have impressed me . I will look forward to seeing the finished car

Cheers…….

Back to the top
thanks!
yes you have right about garage,inside is much parts and you don`t know where poot the leg when you come in  :lol:  I hate it but better than nothing  :lol: I`m building a house and big garage soon too so car will have good place to sleep  :lol:
i think we will see someday becouse i want go to Scotland after restoration GX-golf.

greetings!

Back to the top
Great work! Thats impressive metal work. keep posting the pictures! 8)

Back to the top
very nice work…..GX is starting to looks good  :D

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
Coming along nicely :y: . I'm going to be doing the same to my GTI's left footwell/sill over this weekend, almost identical area needs chopping out. Like the ATS wheels are you going to keep them, are they 13 inch?

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
:D hi markwon!!!

yes,i`ll keep the ATS Cup weels,they ae 13 x 6 inch.I started restoration of this rims but it`s so hard to come back to original look.`I`ll polish it.Here is no problem if you want buy it and they are cheap-if they are for restoration and sometime you can find it in eccelent condition than you can fit it corectly to the car.
are you going to Wolfsburg meeting?Maybe we can meet there?

Cheers

Back to the top
are you going to Wolfsburg meeting

No sorry, bit far for my GTI at the moment. Would like to take it abroad at some point, but lot of welding and electrical to do first this summer.

The ATS wheels look great, don't see 13 inch ones that often. Been thinking about getting some 14 inch ones, although might go for BBS RAs…

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top

vw-man said

yes you have right about garage,inside is much parts and you don`t know where poot the leg when you come in  :lol:  I hate it but better than nothing  :lol: I`m building a house and big garage soon too so car will have good place to sleep  :lol:

You are lucky - I want to do work on my Golf(s), but I live in the city, and my cars live outside in the country, on a farm (see below).

I am looking for a garage, but no luck yet  :roll:

Back to the top
O God!!! If that all cars are yours i`m not supriced that you can`t find garage in city  :lol:
anyway i think your herd of Golfs are very happy on farm  :lol:

Back to the top

vw-man said

O God!!! If that all cars are yours i`m not supriced that you can`t find garage in city  :lol:

Don't worry, I only want a garage to take about two or three of them at a time!

I hope to move to the country in the next few years, and one of the things that my wife has agreed, is that the house has to have a shed or barn where Mk1s can be stored and worked on. :P

In the meantime, I visit my Golfs every so often, to let them know that I still remember them, and to see that they are happy in their home on the farm  :D  :D

Back to the top
how many cars you got mate? is the demand same there as it is here? my dad just came back from tunisia and he said it would make us lot sick what mk1's are going for there, loads of diesels, gtis, small light jobbies. they make them renew parts for the test apparently so no resale value and no rust. im thinking about hiring a truck:)

Back to the top
hi vw man, those metal bits you have replaced……. did you cut out original then use pieces from a good car? or buy new bits? when you cut the rotten parts out did you use angle grinder? sorry for all the questions but im only any good at replacing full panels and need to learn out how to do rear arches, sills etc,
looking good mate,
paul

Back to the top

tomo320 said

how many cars you got mate? is the demand same there as it is here?

There are 11 on the farm, including that 16v Scirroco, and my brother has another 2 at his house (which are daily drivers).

Mk1 Golfs are rare enough over here, as there was no MOT in Ireland until around 1998, so cars were not well looked after :cry:

GTI's were expensive as well, so few were sold in the first place, so original Irish Mk1 GTIs are very rare (most here now are UK personal imports).

Back to the top

vw-man said

vw-man, in honour of your comments about my Golfs, I did this on Photoshop at lunchtime…  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great work you are doing on your Golf by the way, it looks like it will be a good job!

Back to the top
ha ha ha  :lol:
o man! you are great! it`s wonderfull,you make me very funy becouse of you Photoshop work !!!!

thanks-keep course  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:

Back to the top

tomo320 said

hi vw man, those metal bits you have replaced……. did you cut out original then use pieces from a good car? or buy new bits? when you cut the rotten parts out did you use angle grinder? sorry for all the questions but im only any good at replacing full panels and need to learn out how to do rear arches, sills etc,
looking good mate,
paul

hi!
this are new pieces of stell and the patient pleaces are cutedaout by use angle grinder and hand cuters for steel but only this areas where is absolutely necesary,no more.sometime i need to make it by myself from flat piece of stell with use old methodes of bending.it`s a lot of work with repair it how it schould be but i think it`s wort of it if you want to be glad from you car long,long time after restoration.

Cheers

Back to the top
hi guys!
this is my last work with front panel,it`s sprayed now with epoxyde primer.

before

after

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.