Skip navigation

Fuel injector test

Back to the top

Fuel injector test

Or alternatively the Quantum branded VW ones seem to be same spec as the ones fitted on my car and only about ?25 for a set.

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Chris, I'm confused now :? . What are the genuine VW ones? - thought they were Bosch? Do VW do both or just Quantum now?

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
I think the Quantum branded ones are the VW ones. Isn't Quantum just VW's accessory brand?

You may find you can source the Quantum leads from a cheaper supplier than your VW dealer though. I know GSF do sell Quantum branded oils for example, so maybe they do other Quantum stuff.

I am sure Bosch do leads as well and they are probably even better quality than the Quantum ones, but I suspect they are also pricier……

I was pleased with the quality of the quantum ones - seems like reasonably good quality and look identical to the originals as far as I can see.

Chris

Back to the top
I have quantums on it now - I seem to remember paying more than ?25 for them though!?!? I think I have had these for about 8 years - only four of those were running years though, so they are probably due to be replaced!!!

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

I have quantums on it now - I seem to remember paying more than ?25 for them though!?!?

Ah - just checking my records and that is of course not including the dreaded VAT  :? I  bought mine about 3 months ago for ?25.79+VAT from my local rather pricey-we-don't-do-discount-sir dealer  :roll:

I am sure you can probably source them from elsewhere though?

Chris

Back to the top
Well I just checked the GSF website and their BQ  "Best Quality" ones are 23.50 +VAT. These are the BERU ones.
My Mechanic mate says he uses these on his customers cars and has never had any problems with them???

Back to the top
My Mechanic mate says he uses these on his customers cars and has never had any problems with them???

Yes, I'm surprised - assume they are widely sold. Yet I've had two set go with a 1-2 years of fitting and very suddenly fail as well? Obviously don't feel like buying another set.

Just rang round for prices. ECP do a Bremi? set for ?17+vat, Bosch service centre said they could only get expensive Lucas ones ?67+vat 8O , lindvale VW (highly incompetent local dealer :roll: ) said all they did were VW ones at ?16.99+vat per lead :eh: - thats ?100 for a set. Parts dept said they'd never heard of Quantum? Just rang Wolsey VW, much more with it, but 15 miles away, they do Quantum leads for ?26+vat. Think I'll order some of those.

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
LOL - how are dealer so incompetent!!! ?16.99+VAT per lead!
I'd expect the guy behind the counter to come out and fit them while giving the car a full service and valet for that!

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

LOL - how are dealer so incompetent!!! ?16.99+VAT per lead!
I'd expect the guy behind the counter to come out and fit them while giving the car a full service and valet for that!

and a bloody nice cup of tea while you watch and wait!

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Well - I picked up a set of leads on Friday but it didn't solve the problem…

Next on list to try, in order of "speed-of-swap":

1 - TCI unit
2 - Coil
3 - Metering head

Got to pick these up from a mate to try swapping over to find the problem!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.