Skip navigation

Spring Action day - Castle Combe

Back to the top

Spring Action day - Castle Combe

Is castle coombe off the M4, or M5? I can never remember and know i'll go the wrong way.

Back to the top

Wills said

Is castle coombe off the M4, or M5? I can never remember and know i'll go the wrong way.

M4 junction 16 follow the signs (chippenham/ bristol a420/ a4 i think ) then look for the brown circuit signs from Bumpers farm R/bout and follow them

If Its Loud and Noisy , I'll take its picture

Back to the top
I was coming down the other way and should have got off at 18, but their were road works and the main sign was removed, so i missed it and went on down to 17, and it poured all mornin i was their, i enjoyed it anyway though. How'd you get on on the track after Bronze, i must have missed you?

Back to the top
My first lap was a nightmare  :doh:

Spun off at Quarry then at the top of the start finish straight and took out a cone  :evil:

It was so slippery out there  :(  I then got into it a bit, had a Ferrari chasing me and managed to hold him off for 2 corners  8)  Then over took a mini on the last lap  :P

As I passed the finish line my fan belt snapped and I lost all the water. All fixed now though and there doesn't seem to be any perminate damage  :pray:

Back to the top
Done quite a few combe track days, quite scary when you go hell for leather in your pride and joy and you get some loopy gits that couldnt give a toss if they take you off the track. Best to use a shed that you can have a bit of fun with. Here is a pic of my old mk1 just before swapping ends on the shicane on the back straight. sh#t my pants ! :roll:
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=toprated&cat=0&pos=1

Mk1 Lahsa green, BBS RM, Mk1 Silver Campaign, Mk5 GT TDi, Audi A4 Avant S Line

Back to the top
:drool:  That was a stunning MK1 you had mate  :wink:  

Think if I ever go on the track again it won't be in the wet  :wink:

Back to the top
Im a bit gutted i missed it now, their were alot of people going off on the start /finish bend, i was impressed at how fast people were still driving though. Fair play to you mate for having a go.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.