Skip navigation

North West

Back to the top

North West

Suppose I'll have to then. Dano might have liked it but he's gonna b way to busy.
aiiii

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top

Walt for president!

Strewth…..Nail my hat on why don't you!! I get in from my nightshift to find my old mate Kins being bullied by the head honcho's (quite rightly!) and I'm being elected president of the north west chapter!! I'm on nights again tonight as well! I'll probably be VW Liason officer and rare parts negociator, Show catering manager and merchandising officer when I get home tomorrow!!…..Don't mind arranging the NW meets! The way I see it is that if we all make an effort now, the meets will virtually run themselves! If we always know the day and venue and who is likely to be there, we can pretty much turn up and everyone be there! We can even organise inter regional meets now and again and even maybe a family day out to Alton towers or something like that!! Meet other regions there, driving in convoy!! Early days but I shall take the mantle with pride!! Cheers fellas!!…. Walt!

Back to the top
:cheer: Wal, walt he's our man if he can't do it no one can! :cheer:

Looks like we have a NW regional co-ordinator!

Top ideas walt i like them all. Love the convoy idea.

Instead of cannonball run how about " Golf ball run"

or even better "crazy golf tour":lol:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

Golf ball run

Awsome Idea Kins!! If you think about it, that would open the door to all kinds of crazy publicity and charity events! We could do a regional convoy relay around the country for charity mate not arf! Or what about a treasure hunt? Whole families or teams of friends could get involved! This needs thinking about! Can't wait to get a big convoy going somewhere!

Back to the top
Walt…..good man. Gad you've accepted as DjEv said I will be a bit busy but more than happy to assist in any way I can.

We did a convoy to Bodelydan (?) with the CGTI lads last year and it was good fun. The speeds kept creeping up and keeping up was hard work for '84!! Pre windbreak days and lots of buffeting around at those speeds!!

I will attend where I can!!

Dan

Back to the top
Pics of the 1st NW meet:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2278

P.S I really wanna do a convoy when my car is back together, lets get one organised. A convoy to the Club meet is a must!  8)

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.