L {-} [2 votes]
M {-} [0 votes]
N {-} [0 votes]
O {-} [0 votes]
P {-} [0 votes]
Q {-} [0 votes]
R {-} [0 votes]
S {-} [2 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

*** Time to choose a club Logo ***

Please vote for your favourite logo from the excellent submissions we received. Thanks to all the budding artists who sent in their ideas (cue 'Gallery' music from 'Take Hart' and 'Vision On' for those in their 30s… click here for the music... :boohoo: )

Find the logo you like the best and then note the letter beside it and vote for that letter! Simple eh? I will leave the vote open for a while to get a lot of input to it.

Remember you only get one vote, so take your time and use it wisely!

Cheers,

Drew.

-=-=-==-=-

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Excuse me if I'm being thick here, but arn't P and Q the same logo???

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
Drew, cant believe you found the music!!! Class!! :notworthy:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Maniac said

Excuse me if I'm being thick here, but arn't P and Q the same logo???

Mike.

A and I are the same too…???

Back to the top
Well, this could be an interesting result…

I voted "A" as I think it is quite a modern design which gives a bit of a spin on an older car. It would have to be all black though, none of that poncy blue!

I really like "C" and also the current favourite, "D", though I don't think these would work so well as stickers (As I believe stickers will be quite popular), "D" especially as there is too much detail in the pictures.

We'll see how it progresses though!

AL.

Back to the top
Is there any reason why we couldn't have a couple of different official logo designs depending on what they're being used for.

e.g Something like  Logo D works well for using on the website, and for stuff like headed notepaper, advertising etc., it's nice to have the pics of the cars on there.

But a logo like Logo P or logo S would work well for Club memrobilia like mugs, stickers, badges etc. as it's a fairly simple design for printing on stuff.

Just my opinion.

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
As a fellow 30 something that music bought a tear to my eye and had me reaching for the cola flavoured Spangles  :wink:

Definitely some duplicates in there though as others have mentioned  :)

As its such an important decision might be an idea to add something into the main welcome text on the site homepage. We could do with as many people voting on this as possible.

I went for D in the end, although liked the very similar C as well.

Is the printing thing really as much of an issue these days with current printing technology? Its just I seem to see a lot of fairly complex stickers and mug designs for example that feature colour photos - or is more a cost thing?

I just really like the simplicity of the B&W photo images, the font style and the range of Mk1's (although no Caddy I guess). It just looks classy  8) , like the cars….

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Where is morph? :lol:
Classic, I'm just under 30 and that music just reminds of school :wink:

FOR SALE:1982 VW Golf 1.8 GTi (VW Classic Green Pearl)

2006 VW Touareg 2.5TDI (Ravenna Blue)Fully loaded

FOR SALE:2003 VW Golf PD150 (Reflex Silver)

172.5bhp/299.1lb ft (standard/no modifications)

1990 BMW M3 (US Model)

www.vagdrivers.net

Back to the top
Is the logo for the website, car sticker or what? I agree some work better than others depending on application. D would work well as a rear window sticker, but not as a shirt logo, etc

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
I'm loving 'J' - nice - simple, eyecatching, and a good symbol of the Mk1. Could do with a VW badge on the grille though !  That one would work well in any colour and at any size - on notepaper, rear window sticker or whatever. I like the photographic ones too, but think they're too 'busy' (ie, wouldn't come out well if too small). Not sure if I'd want an image of three cars on the back of my car. And did we ever resolve the issue of Caddy and Jetta ???  Could grow into one big 'car park' of a sticker !
Just my thoughts - others will think different (hence the poll, eh ?!?)
Cheers,
Mark

Back to the top
Think the S does it for me very simple but says what you want it to kinda like the car but not the shadowed vw near the bottom.But im jus old n simple too  :cry:

Back to the top
I also voted 'J' for the same reasons as m6m62. The MK1 grill is sharp and eye catching without being to intricate and represents all MK1 variants such as caddy and cab with one image. Think photo ones look good, but to detailed for many uses.

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
We would need a run out version of J for all the Campaigners, Rivagers, Sportliners, etc of course :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
We'd need another dozen or so car photos though …….  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
All the best,
Mark

Back to the top
E is best for me, it's so crisp and would work as a sticker, tax disc, holder, tshirt, cap, mug,  If cabriolet or caddy owners feel left out they could have the cab or caddy version… even a jetta one can be made!!!

P.s. sorry I couldn't find a better model…
 :P  :P

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
Yeah - I like it!

Someone change my vote!!!

Back to the top
lakesk8
           And i thought i was all on my own voting for  E

Chudd….

Back to the top
To be honest I am not bowled over by any of the logos. I hope this does not come over as rude, but they look like adverts from the back of auto trader.

No offence intended just my honest opinion.

Who actually designed these logo's was it you Drew?  I'm not saying they're bad just I think we could improve upon them. I think the key is to keep it simple.

I think an isometric view of a campaign, a black silhouette with a highlighted red border grill and simple shines depicting key geometry and features. A kind of expansion on E but with a bigger car and smaller Text.

I could maybe have a word with a few mates that study product design / graphics design. I'm not great at graphics but a know some fellers that are s*** hot.

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
I'm  a "D" man. Simple imo, but depicts the club. Not that anyone should know what a golf looks like by now, but it helps  :lol: `

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
kins - I guess the problem here is that Drew has to draw the line somewhere in terms of saying "lets choose" and this has been going for a good few months now…..

I'm sure if you can get something together in the next few days it might be possible to get it included in the poll, but otherwise my opinion is we need to get something decided sooner rather than later, otherwise it just drags on and nothing gets decided  :?

Personally I don't see why we can't have other designs for car stickers etc. available once the main club logo has been chosen - variety is the spice of life etc  :wink:  Having seen those silohette black and white stickers with the seperate versions for Mk1 tintop, cabby and caddy, I have to say I think they look quite good. My main objection to that style of logo originally was it only showed the tintop, which is the reason I liked "D" and voted for it.

I think the standard of the stuff produced was pretty good considering no one who submitted is a "pro", but then thats just me  :D

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.