Back to the top

Favourite wheels for Mk1?

o said

15" BBS RA's….

:notworthy:

I so want a set of those!!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
ts gotta be either bbs ra / rs or  borbet A's.     I just love deep dish wheels but the bbs splitys are sooooo sexy

Back to the top
i dont really see the fascination with bbs to be honest,and there a nightmare to clean!

i like the borbet a's or most others with a dish…

a set of polished p slots can nearly always look good too imo. 8)

Volksdevil.com - Gone but not forgotten | CorradoG60.co.uk

Back to the top
Hey i got 17" miglias on mine and look sweet as as nut with the clipper body kit.

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.

Back to the top
16" polished Compomotive TH on mine. Or 13" steelies  :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top
I'm after some of those gold or silver 13 inch BBS's that were originally  optional on the GTI. I know they're only 13 inch :oops: but not so keen on the look of bigger wheels on a MK1, although quite like look of ATS cups. Also seen some Golfs wearing 1970's 13 or 14 inch four spoke wolfrace wheels  8) .

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top

riley said

i dont really see the fascination with bbs to be honest,and there a nightmare to clean!

i like the borbet a's or most others with a dish…

a set of polished p slots can nearly always look good too imo. 8)

Bet they are a git to clean!! Like the ATS Cups too - plus SIMACS (?) wheels are nice!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Does anyone know if the series one ronal wheels are still available?  Like the ronal turbo alloys but without the writing on the wheel.  If so where from and how much? Cheers.

Back to the top
Hi - no, they're not available new anymore  :(

Back to the top
i think the best  weels for mk-1 are ATS Cup
here my in restoration,size 6 x13

Remember, VW made the last car in 1992. After that they started making vehicles.

Back to the top
Does anyone know where i might try to get hold of a set of series one ronals or are they like rockin horse poo?.

Back to the top
Hi.  Rare items indeed. Best to look to Germany. These guys have a set for sale at the moment :

www.tt-team.de

Choose the 'Anzeigen' tab on the left of the screen then 15 Zoll Felgen.

They will haggle on the price (unusual for German sellers I find !). I've bought from these guys before (a couple of years back when prices were a LOT cheaper - bought a set of RH with Pirelli Drego's for ?220 !!!) - professional, quick delivery & well packaged. I dealt with a guy called Timo.

If you decide to go for it, offer to pay with a European cheque. This is the cheapest way I've found - your bank will charge you about ?25 for the service, but cheaper than most other methods (unless they now accept Paypal - been a while since I dealt with them)

They also have a set of 15" P's for sale I notice.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Back to the top
hi i been reading with some interest. i admit ats cups look really good as do the standard bbs alloys that came with the mk1. BUT they all look too….. standard. i dunno maybe because im only 19 i wanid something that stands out, if your gonna spend so much might as well get it right.
i bought some ronal turbos with with low 45 tyres instead of 50. they look slick! drop the car by 40-60mm and its sweet. keep an eye on ebay. second hand thye go cheap. i got mine for 375!!!! and in mint con. guy i got em off stuck em on his cab but the engine blew 2weeks later so i took em straight off. didnt bid or anything saw them offered him 375 and picked em up the next day.
but the ronals…… toooo sweet. everything else is jus too plain and boring..dont mean to make anyone feel too old or anything :-)

Back to the top

m6m62 said

bought a set of RH  

someone mention rh cups? :lol:

35 profile tyres :wink:

Back to the top
Hi guys, im enjoying the debate so far and I really like those wheels on the black cab and those refurbed ATS cups, think they are slightly out of my budget I imagine.

Does anyone know if this these wheels will fit my cabrio 15"x6" ET37 4x100 PCD and what do you think of these wheels, not reall ywhat I planned as I wanted some VW alloys, but finding it difficult to get a set for 250, as I really like estorils and they seem to be quite difficult to get hold of.
How do i attach an image?
Also, could someone check out these wheels [http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7952967531&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT and let me know if they will fit my cabrio and opinions as I quite like them, not overly keen on them though.

Cheers

Back to the top
hey there diffarent m8,i like em. 8)

im afraid they wont fit though being 4x114 pcd… :banghead:

Back to the top
Cheers Riley, I was ready to snap those up, they look rather different I thought to and look like they would have a great shine to them, shame though. What about these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7953076845&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I think these look rather cool too, not sure bout the fiment though?

Thanks

Back to the top
Hi - they look like they'll go straight on. The only other measurement to take note of is the centre bore (hole in the centre of the wheel). If the hole is too small then they won't go on. Too big isn't ideal either !  Not a problem if they have plastic spigot rings in the centre as these can be replaced with those of the correct size. If you like em, I'd go for it !

Back to the top
yep the pcd is correct. :D

with a 37 offset they will sit 2mm further under the arches than a standard vw wheel,in theory as they are wider too.

like m6m62 says,you need to know the center bore,im pretty sure vaux wheels are 1mm less than vw,they can be made to fit with a little work.

neil. :D

Back to the top

riley said

yep the pcd is correct. :D

with a 37 offset they will sit 2mm further under the arches than a standard vw wheel,in theory as they are wider too.

like m6m62 says,you need to know the center bore,im pretty sure vaux wheels are 1mm less than vw,they can be made to fit with a little work.

neil. :D

Hi Neil, what kind of work would I have to do to them? what is the centre bore and what would the correct size be? But, they should fit my car then? What ddd you think of them?

Thanks guys much appreciated.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.