Skip navigation

GSF reversing switch MFA sucess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Back to the top

GSF reversing switch MFA sucess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

ha ha mines the opposite.. ive got no reverse lights, no mfa controls (except outside temp) the change up light doesnt work and my economy guage reads in every gear :scratch:

i suspect the switch

Back to the top
easier said than done, i have found the econ switch but not the reverse switch :oops:

Back to the top

dubburke said

easier said than done, i have found the econ switch but not the reverse switch :oops:

I am a prat :banghead: its the same thing econ swich/reverse switch :P
Would be interested in a more detailed explanation on the wire swap over for the mk2 switch :wink:

Back to the top
Just ordered 191-919-823 which is the part number for the mk1 reverse switch and they said they had them in stock, and there was 3 of them (2 now) not cheap though ?31+vat  he gave me 10% discount though :P

Back to the top
Are we talking GSF? That?s what they told me, and when it arrives it will be a MKII version. This was before I knew about the trick of swapping the wires in the connector so I took it back. With the standard wiring it won?t work without swapping the wiring?  :dontknow:  That?s not a problem as it only takes 5-10 mins :D

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top

Early-1800 said

Are we talking GSF? That?s what they told me, and when it arrives it will be a MKII version. This was before I knew about the trick of swapping the wires in the connector so I took it back. With the standard wiring it won?t work without swapping the wiring?  :dontknow:  That?s not a problem as it only takes 5-10 mins :D

No ordered through VW

Back to the top
i did same, ordered vw and when it arrive's its a mk2 . i think mk1 parts are all 17………. and mk2 parts are 19………. still have a look at old posts easy to do. i think it was lhasa who put pics up explaining .

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
I wonder why then on ETKA it says 191? for the mk1 part, i know where you are coming from though

Back to the top
Its weird some of the MK1 seat runners are 191 parts :dontknow:

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
time will tell :lol:

Back to the top
Fitted the new switch and swapped the wires, but the reverse lights still dont work ( maybe the wiring swap) can someone confirm the location of the reverse light wires/colour i think black/brown wires which colour wire is for the pin on its own on the plug? cant confirm by photos?, my change up light and econ guage work though for the first time :lol:

Back to the top
Which part number is it at GSF?

I've looked online and they list 2 reverse light switches.

One says '93465' for '82>83 Fuel injection' and its ?3.75, but then there is one that is '93466' and for '5 speed GTI' and this is ?14.50.

Mines and '83 5 speed with econometer, the change light doesn't come on though, and I have no reverse lights.

Cheers,
Gav

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Gav,

You want the ?14.50 one as the other is probably the simple screw in type.

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Just done this and I'm chuffed that I've got the reverse lights working. The black wire goes up on the single spade in the new switch, and hey presto reverse lights! I connected them up wrong at first, putting all the wires into the bottom row, that sounds like what you've done dubburke.

Going to tidy up the tackle and go for a blast to see if the change up light works now.  :D

Also put a new clutch and rear main oil seal in this morning so it's been a productive day!

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
im having real trouble finding bolts that will fix my new switch, the old ones are torx heads and are really chewed up, i wanted new ones but its a really strange thread it seems?
 any help me?

Back to the top
ok i just used my old bolts, i can get at them with grips if it ever needs to come off again.

I NOW HAVE REVERSE LIGHTS!!! :D

I NOW DONT GET THE HORRIBLE FLASHING YELLOW LIGHT IN 5TH!!! :D

MY MFA WORKS!!! :D

BUT..
 the only thing now is the mpg reader on the mfa is still out, its reading at 8mpg at the moment after a short spin.
 is there anything else i should try to get that working other thaan change the clocks?

what about disconnecting the battery? will that reset the mfa and kickstart the mpg reading noew the switch is fitted???
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.