Skip navigation

Fed up!!!!

Back to the top

Fed up!!!!

m8,im at more a less the same stage as you!!!  :D  

ive had second thoughts too,i find watching other peoples projects on the go helps keep me going :idea:

stick at it m8,like said above maybe just have a small break from it,and  think about any other idea's for it to keep you interested in it.

page 6 of my mk1 thread :D

Volksdevil.com - Gone but not forgotten | CorradoG60.co.uk

Back to the top
Wow Riley  8O  you are at the same stage as me, i obviously don't have the same motivation as you. I have a rolling frame for the front end made up but nothing for the rear. Where are you planning attaching the rear one to. I was going to try and utilise the rear axle mounting points but any suggestions would be appreciated.

1996 Gti Anniversary 8v Mystic Blue
1995 Gti 16v Fjord blue

Back to the top
yeah  8O  :lol:

i used the rear beam mounting points,the guy who made it up for me got it wrong at first.

after a little adjustment its bolted to the car,just need the castors welding on now. :D

stick at it m8,just picture the finished/minted product at the end and aim for it!!! :!:

and get some pics up if you havent already,so we can all compliment your handy work,and give advice/opinions :idea:

Back to the top
I have been there myself it all seems up hill to start and giving up would be the easy option but if you do all the work yourself you end up with a Golf that you know what is under the paint and you get the satisfaction of at the end…don't give up

Back to the top
Stick with it kev….we need all the MK1s up here in Grampian we can get………..and it will be something to show at the eastsidevw meets… 8)  :)

Back to the top
i've had sooo many highs and lows during the rebuild of mine and i'm still not finished…..but you have to think of the finished car and how proud you'll be and how cool will the shows be with your shiny new ride to show off.
it'll be worth it just keep going m8.

Back to the top
look mate im on with four cars at the same time ! and ive just to day finshed out the enegine back in one myself and got it up and running wheile noddy panited the country (my 4x4 mk2) ill put the windows in tomorow and the seat ect ect and im a girl im sure you can do it ! chin up mate

Back to the top
Stick with it…..'no gain without the pain'…

..you will be SO proud when people look at your car in pure admiration, and you can honestly say through your beaming smile …

'I did ALL that'

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
Yo Kev

I'm with Dubboy…the time of year certainly doesn't help even if my garage is reasonably warm.

To be quite honest, I haven't touched my GerTIe since a month before Xmas.  However, it doesn't really matter, I don't need to use her (got me an Audi for the commute) and I can still go park my *rse in the garage and whisper sweet nothings in her wing mirrors (when wifey isn't listening!)

You hang on to her…you'll only regret it if you get a divorce !!

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top

superworm said

I can still go park my *rse in the garage and whisper sweet nothings in her wing mirrors (when wifey isn't listening!)

You hang on to her…you'll only regret it if you get a divorce !!

Cheers

:lol: haha!

got to agree though!

Back to the top
One of my customers has lent me his dolly wheels for moving my shell around which sort of got me motivated again but last night whilst rubbing down bodywork i found a couple of holes  8O Quite a bad part where the boot floor meets with inner arch and a couple of small ones on the sill. Can only be expected on a 22 year old car i suppose.
Also still unsure what to do with my spare wheel well. Thinking about cutting out the bottom of it and just welding a sheet of metal in.  :?:

1996 Gti Anniversary 8v Mystic Blue
1995 Gti 16v Fjord blue
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.