Skip navigation

Mk1 in Gran Turismo 4!

Back to the top

Mk1 in Gran Turismo 4!

Are you sorry to see the back of your VX Rajan?

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

dubboy said

Someone tell the programmers Alpine White was not available for 1976  :roll:

Cheers
Rajan

:lmao:

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Are you sorry to see the back of your VX Rajan?

Very much so  :cry:

By far the best modern car I have driven for the fun factor. Only the essentials, great chassis and handling, fine performance, good fuel economy and stunning looks….reminds me of a certain other car  :lol:

It is a magnificent car and what motoring is all about. In the dry, it will beat anything on the road thru the twisties save top spec Catherhams, Westies, etc. I found it easy to live with, despite the lack of space and the boot is bigger than you might think as long as you can get things through the aperture. You can get a full set of golf clubs on the passenger seat for example strapped down with the seat belt.

I have travelled a few times to France in it with no problems. The looks you get driving around Paris in it are amazing!  8)

The weak points IMO are windscreen demisting (safety) and brakes. Even with the cross drilled discs option I found too much fade for the performance of the car.

If anyone is in the market for a performance 2 seater, I recommend trying one ahead of Z4, Boxster, etc as even for more money nothing can beat it.

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
Awww mate why did you sell it?

I sat in a VXR at the motorshow, I'm 6'4" and the driving position felt spot on! 8)

When I can afford one I am definately going to buy one. Got my eye on a VX220 turbo but it will be a year or 2 before I get my arse in one! :lol:

In my opinion they look much nicer than the series 2 Elise. (I like the look of the old Exige though)

Best get saving me thinks…….

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
I had to sell it back to my company, part of their rules.

Agree with you on the Exige, was tempted to buy one a few years ago. Never got round to test driving one but I did manage to drive a modded S1 160 Sport which was pretty good value though the idle was well lumpy!

Cheers
Rajan

Banner
There are too many online users to list.