Skip navigation

Club Logo

Back to the top

Club Logo

Loving 5 & 7 - excellent work Prowler!

How about using the actual badges with a Mk1 desogn to match in black and chrome effect?

Good idea Rich! I think this would work well as a small discreet side rear window sticker in silver along the lines the pic in Jon's post.

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
Interesting thing with design in general is that designers tend to let the latest fashions and typefaces dictate their design. See 1930's for details.

If we are going to use period fonts then fine but they must be from 70's 80's surely.

And obviously I am joking about the chrome letters and the maiden writing but they are iconic for that age.

I propose we use the tattoo choosing method. 3 shortlisted logos are shown on the site for a couple of weeks. After 3 weeks we decide which one we are least sick of seeing and off we go.

I think theres a bit more brainstorming to be done prior to this. None of the designs so far would ever get on my car! Including mine!

Thanks

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
Dont forget also that computers weren't about much in the '70s and '80s so fancy graphics should be counted out IMO, maybe the logo should look hand drawn!

Certainly the VW emblem should a design from that period shouldn't it?

Cheers,
Ross

Back to the top
Dont forget also that computers weren't about much in the '70s and '80s

Sir Clive Sinclair might have something to say about that!

Back to the top
In Honour of Sir Clive.

Back to the top
:D  :D  :D

Nice one pete - might convert my switches to rubbery ones!

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
I can see this causing some arguments!!!

I agree that it should look period.
While the VAG fonts are OK, they are far too rounded for the Mk1.
I think the idea of using the style of the original badges is good.
You know the the driver badge, it had "GOLF" in big square letters, with "Driver" in script underneath, well perhaps we could change the "Driver" part to read "Owners Club". It would look period  :roll:
Could even look into getting some badges made up (Trimsport???).

What do you think?

Back to the top
OK- I'm no graphic artist  :?

But - this what I'm talking about:

Back to the top

tallpete said

In Honour of Sir Clive.

:D  8) Very amusing!! Loved the old speccy.

Like the idea of the fonts from the original badges too, but I'd recommend we don't use 'Volkswagen' in our badges, or the VW roundel itself. VAG is *very* touchy about these things. :roll: 'MK1 Golf Owners Club' will have to do!

Cheers,

Drew.

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
We must be able to get VW use approval!

Back to the top
Here's my attempt….

Cheers,

Drew.

Back to the top
Drew, that is fantastic.  

I just need to get myself in order and get a mark 1 to display the sticker in!! 8O

Back to the top
Drew, that's a GOOD one…I like it.
I was also thinking of this, but using a line drawing (which I still can't find) of the car front:

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
I thought about the line drawing idea too, couldn't find an image to use either. Good if we can get the right image…

Probably appropriate to use a single headlamp grille too! :wink:

Cheers,

Drew.

Back to the top
You could create a line drawing effect with that pic using photoshop...

Back to the top

drew said

I thought about the line drawing idea too, couldn't find an image to use either. Good if we can get the right image…

Probably appropriate to use a single headlamp grille too! :wink:

Cheers,

Drew.

That's exactly what I am looking for - I KNOW I've got one…..but where..??????

Meanwhile……

ALL my attempts are
Here

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

You could create a line drawing effect with that pic using photoshop…

I will later, but am still looking for the one filed away somewhere…it's exactly what I want…….

Back to the top
How about something like this:-

Font colour should match Web page colours.
Looks like Drews thinking along the same lines :wink:

Simon :)

'83 Mars Red GTI

Back to the top
Prowler - I had exact same thought as you! - from point of using front grille of car with MK1 owners club etc where the GTI badge usually is.

However, I think so far that whilst Rich's use of the chrome badges is good idea, esp if we're not using VW or Volkswagen on the logo then Drew is by far on right track. (Perhaps colour car pics tho - or single colour for each car rather than full colour if that makes sense?!!!)

I'm not trying to suck up to the 'big cheese' here, but it is simple, effective and having seen it now I think the visual of having pics of all MK1 types on it is a real bonus for identification.

Well, that's my two pennies worth anyway!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
When Pete told me about this, I thought I would really enjoy to do that.
The typeface used is the same as the VOLKSWAGEN badge on the tailgate and the GTI badge on the grill.
Not sure whether to use all CAPS or uppers and lowers  :?:  
Still working on the Italic Golf badge.  

Chrome would look a treat too I reckon?  
Do we need the VW logo? Sounds like hassle to me.
Keep it simple that's my moto, just like the great car itself :P

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.