Skip navigation

Beds, Herts and Bucks

Back to the top

Beds, Herts and Bucks

Any owners from the region interested in a monthly social gathering of Mk1 merriment?

C'mon, I know you're out there!

I am in the Beds area not too far from Luton Jn 9-11 M1

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
Dubbers,

I'd be up for a meet if it is more south Bucks area

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Milton Keynes is a good place for meets. By the snowslope central MK, parking pubs and places for food. Central enough for herts beds northants and bucks.

just my 2penneth

Chris Cooper
Mk1 in progress

Back to the top
I can be mainly be found terrorising the roads of South Herts, Potters Bar to be precise.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Endor…your sig is HUUUUUGGGEEE!

Wouldnt mind all those panels mind…ahh, weldings more fun

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Good stuff, keep 'em coming. Once we get a couple more, then we can have a mini meet.

We can take it in turns for each county!

Banner

Back to the top

ManicGTI said

I can be mainly be found terrorising the roads of South Herts, Potters Bar to be precise.

nice one. i'm in hadley wood, i'll maybe see you around some time, i've got a black mk1 a-reg and a silver mk4 anniversary.

A

Back to the top
I'm redbourn based so 'J9 M1' the nearest I know of is watford but haven't been to it, the one I normally got to is ace cafe on the last tuesday of the month, its only a 25 min trip down the M1. I'll be going to the january one if anyone wants to tag along in a mk1 convoy  :D

Leon

82 Lhasa Green Golf Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
Oh and yeah if your going to do a mini meet count me in I can advertise it on my website if you want.

Leon

Back to the top

herts beds bucks

hi based hemel hempstead j8 m1 up for meet how do i get picture of car up on site

Back to the top
Hi guys

Im in Berkhamsted so only a few mins from the M1

Back to the top
Ok lets sort something out so we can all get together and talk about a good place to have a mini meet, obviously need some where with a good size car park so we can see are cars as well  :wink:

Options are:
Leisure World, Hemel
Maccy D, St.Albans

or could go to harpenden or something and go down a pub although no real car park.

Of course if you can think of anywhere as well please post.

Leon

Back to the top
Hemel is OK for me or how about Harvester pub on Jn 9 M1? I am not hot on meeting at a Maccy D's.

For a first meet we should get together closest to where the majority are coming from which seems to be Herts, but in the future I propose alternating between the counties.

How about Sunday 9th Jan at lunchtime?

Banner

Back to the top
Yeah I know the havester, only problem with that is you need those damn coin things to get out of the car park.
I'll have to talk to them see if we can get a handful to hand out.

Just a thought but what about the havester in luton, only reason I say that is I know the one your taliing about get busy in the car park on a sunday

Leon

Back to the top
It is a code from a till receipt you punch in now, so as long as one of us gets it we are OK. We can meet there, or even the services just up the road, go for a blat to St Albans stopping for a drink/chat.

The Harvester in Luton has changed to another steak house thingy but the car park looks a bit small.

Banner

Back to the top
Oh yeah course it is, forgetting its a code now, thats ok then just get the code for everyone.
Havester at J9 of the M1 it is then.

Leon

Back to the top

beds herts bucks

harvester j9 small car park! women drivers mpvs kids how about south mimms service station think its 2 hour time limit but plenty room first meet get to meet each other see cars   hey what do i know just a thought ! based in hemel

Back to the top
Yeah it is a problem but it will be a good starting point for everyone to meet and pick each others brains over where we could hold it that would be better.

Leon

Back to the top

beds herts bucks

i thought the idea of a meet was to get cars together  have a look a chat harvester  car park on a sunday lunchtime ! be lucky if you can find a space plus i think you will find car park is for people going in for meal not a car meet at least south mimms  you will all be able to park together get somthing to eat  toilets fuel  trust me you will be asked to leave within 20 minutes then what do you do with people that are still on there way?

Back to the top
Maybe maybe, its not finalised by any means, just one of the possiblities.
Gather though that Maccy D isn't a good place to go so if not the havester gotta think where else.
I like the idea of a pub because we'll look at the cars and stuff but it would be good to all have a chat etc etc.

Leon

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.