Skip navigation

Any owners in Kent / Sussex...

Back to the top

Any owners in Kent / Sussex...

Looking at the hop farms 'diary of events', did anyone else notice  'Volkwagen Day' on 26/06/2005?

I've never been to the event so have no idea if it's any good or not, or whether it's aimed at mainly aircooled or watercooled VW's, but trawling through the internet, it appears to have been running for a few years, and does state 'VW's of all types.' Has anyone been to it in the past?  Can I see the possibility of a 'Club stand' and getting some members cars on display at the event? That'd be excellent I think! Just an idea.

Reference to above. 29th Jan works well for me, although any of the other weekends are fine as well.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
We went to the VW day (all models) at The Hop Farm last year, but not really impressed overall…..or did we just have an 'off' day…

There were a few club stands, and the usual show cars, but a lot seemed to be modded, some very heavily. More interesting stuff in the car park……..which at least, if you drove any VW you were directed straight onto the main field, and it was free and we could park in the main field just at the side of the main show area.

It would be an ideal venue for the club, if we had a 'stand' or a particular area. There did not seem to be any restriction about driving around (guys picking up wheels, gearboxes etc) and others entering shows at the last moment…..not sure about space though, but it's a cracking great field !!!
Just check out the War and Peace Show …..http://www.thewarandpeaceshow.com/
I think there is a contact number for the guy who runs the whole thing, there was last year…..

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
So do we have to pay money to meet then?

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
Hello all… Newbies here :D

Quick suggestion: There is a pub opposite the Hop Farm called the Blue Bell Inn, we organise another car club meet at this venue once a month. Its a decent old-fashioned pub with a big car park and its rather lovely in the Summer (the rain this time of year sucks, tho…)

If we organised a meet for the first Sunday of the month, then that would be easy to remember (and close enough after pay day to make the petrol money/beer money not a problem!!).

Whaddya think?

NO Golfs at present!!!!:-(

Back to the top
I like the sound of that, a regular club meet in the south east, Gets my vote!! anyone else like the idea???

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
Just one local roundup would be a start!

Peter.

Back to the top
Hi vick_b and welcome.
Good idea, we know the pub you mean……easy to find, and a good run too.
Looks like you may have 'volunteered' to arrange the first meet with the pub !!!!!!
Whatever date is set there are bound to be a couple who can't make it, but we must make a start…………..really looking forward to meeting owners and seeing their cars.

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
OK, we don't mind organising it… if no-one else objects?

Howabout 12.30 on Sunday 6th Feb at the BlueBell Inn opposite the Hop Farm, nr Paddock Wood.

Don't expect a pristine car from us, the old girl looks minging but we love it!

NO Golfs at present!!!!:-(

Back to the top
..sounds good to us.
Matters not the condition of the cars - we are not there to show off the best car - it's just getting them together……..and my white one will probably be black if it rains !!!!!

Back to the top
yep, sounds good to me as long as I get mine MOT' by then! Just gotta be bothered to do the rest of the brakes on it, this might give me some motivation to do it!!

I'm looking forward to meeting fellow owners, will be good to speak to other people who actually like the cars, as oppose to most of my mates who say stuff like 'You're not wasting more money on that heap are you' yet they still like me taking them out in it in the summer!!  :D

So 12.30 on Sunday 6th Feb at the BlueBell Inn opposite the Hop Farm, nr Paddock Wood.  I'll put it in my diary now!

Fantastic!

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
Sounds good please go ahead and enjoy. I doubt I can get my mk1 back on the road by then, but don't let that stop you!

The hop farm thing sounds good to. Prowler, do you want to follow up and organise a club stand there? Kent countryside in June should be reasonable!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
All going to plan, I'll be there.

Try and persuade GBmk1 too.

Peter.

Back to the top

drew said

Sounds good please go ahead and enjoy. I doubt I can get my mk1 back on the road by then, but don't let that stop you!

The hop farm thing sounds good to. Prowler, do you want to follow up and organise a club stand there? Kent countryside in June should be reasonable!

Cheers,

Drew.

You should be there Drew, with or without the Mk1, we won't mind. !!!!!!!
We have seen enough pics of your car  :lol:  :lol:

As to the Hop Farm, I am still trying to find the number for the organiser - now why don't I just ring up the Hop Farm and ask  :oops:  :oops:
Excuse me - I don't wake up till mid day, and even then the brain cell needs a kick start !!

Back to the top
I will try and make this too, although the way my luck is going it won't be in the Campaign unless I can get to the bottom of the *!???ing fuelling problems I am having :roll:

If I turn up in the Mazda will people still talk to me, AND promise not to leave out the hairdresser jokes  :roll: ?

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Yeah i think we could still allow ourselves talk to you, but we might make you park the mazda in the field nextdoor :D:D:D

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
An incentive to get the Golf fixed pronto methinks  :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Hiya, shame I'm in Manchester on the 6th, but this isn't far from West Sussex so I'd be up for the next one. Hopefully my MK1 is cold starting without a tow by then. Only a 1.3 so pesky carb problems. Not quite got that 'i' yet..
h

Back to the top
Well, who's coming then?

I am. So's GBmk1

Peter.

Back to the top
I shall be if I can get one of my cars working in time, as the 106 I'm borrowing needs to be returned on saturday. 2 cars and neither of them working at the moment!

Shall be spending all evenings this week working on the golf, we made some progress last night! It's booked it in for re-MOT on saturday, I'll be very annoyed if it fails again.

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
We'll be there, just arguing over which car to take along………….decisions, decisions……. :dontknow:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.