Skip navigation

Any owners in Kent / Sussex...

Back to the top

Any owners in Kent / Sussex...

Keen to meet up for Sunday arvo beers at a pub with a suitably sized carpark to loiter in?

Cheers, Aj

83 Golf GTi Campaign - Diamond Silver - Light mods

83 Golf GLi Cabbie - Mars Red - Heavy mods

Back to the top
I'm in deepest darkest Kent, not far from Ashford. A Kent/Sussex borders meet could be on the cards. I know there are a few other ownerss around here?

Come out of the woodwork folks!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Count me in - I'm in SE London, but very close to the A2, so most of Kent is within an hours drive for me  :D

I think onelazygit is also Kent based - Ian you out there?

Cheers,

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Count us in…..

vwgolfmk1.co.uk

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
and me.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
And me!

1983 Y GTI Black

1983 A 1.1c faded pink (Sometimes described as mars red!)

Back to the top
Any suggestions on a venue / date? I'm down on the East Sussex coast although am contantly up and down to London so pretty much anywhere in the SE is good for me…

Does anyone know Sevenoaks? Its right on the M25 / A21 and there is a big Harvester pub with a 'suitably sized' carpark not far at all from the motorway exits???

Thoughts ideas??

Annnd it'd be a crime not to bring the cabbie along too, does anyone know an insurer that'll cover my girlfriend for a weekend? (Hmm needs work, elbow grease, mot & tax yet!!) - The car, not the girlfriend btw.

Back to the top
M25/A21 junction sounds like a fair compromise for me anyway  :wink:

AJ - have you tried asking your insurance company how much they would charge to add your GF to your cab policy? You maybe surprised that with some companies it may actually REDUCE your premium - that was certainly the case when I added my wife to my policy anyway  8)

Cheers,

Chris

Back to the top
Have you ever been to a harvester before?

Heh heh.

Sounds OK if a bit uninspiring.

Peter.

Back to the top
Pete - what makes you think I was actually planning on going inside  :wink:

I'll be the sad git out in the car park checking out other peoples cars……..

Chris

Back to the top
I'll have to agree on the harverster part, they are pretty unispiring not to mention completely minging on the whole, just thought of it for convienience and locations sake…

The cabbie isnt on the road currently so i'd have get a policy for the weekend for her only, prolly the cheapest way of doing it?

Aj

Back to the top
So, when's it to be?

Peter.

Back to the top
AJ - have you tried asking your insurance company how much they would charge to add your GF to your cab policy? You maybe surprised that with some companies it may actually REDUCE your premium - that was certainly the case when I added my wife to my policy anyway  

Same thing happened to me. Some very odd logic going on there, considering my wife is something of a girl racer  8O ! Guess why she's got the rather underpowered TDI Estate now…

Personally I've run out of free weekends before Christmas already, so does a fixture in the new year make sense? By all means go ahead prior to this if you want to though…. look I'm delegating already!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
My weekends seem to be filling up prior to xmas too. I think I only have Dec 11/12th or Dec 18/19th left free at the mo.

Maybe something in Jan would be a better bet?

Chris

Back to the top
January is definatley better for me.. Christmas really creeping up.. Sunday 16th, anyone?

Back to the top

Anyone still up for a kent/sussex meet??

Hi

Well releatively new member to this board, spotted this thread and noticed that there are quite a few members in kent, and I am quite keen to meet more people in my area if possible.  

Noticing that the last comment was 'possibly sometime in January', I thought I'd raise the possibility again? Providing my cabriolet passes its MOT this weekend (fingers crossed I've not found anything wrong yet) then I would be up for a meet sometime this month no problem!

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
I'd be up for a meet, although my weekends in Jan are filling up rapidly. The other option is an evening meet at a pub somewhere in Kent?

Maidstone seems to be within fairly OK reach for most SE London / Kenters, and I think a few venues have already been suggested.

So who is still up for this and would you prefer a weekend or evening meet?

Cheers,

Chris

Back to the top
….right….xmas out the way, daughter's had her baby, I'M FREE !!!!!!

Thought about 'The Hop Farm', ideal location, but they charge quite a lot !!!!!!! And their diary seems quite full

http://www.thehopfarm.…/site/timetable.asp?ttf=1

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
Maidstone works well for me, just down the road! But i don't mind anywhere in Kent, I'm only minutes from the M2 and M20, so anywhere is within my reach within 40mins or so.

Evening or weekend, well again I'm flexible here. I have pretty much every weekend free at the moment, except sun the 16th when I'm off to Birmingham for autosport international  :D  :D  Evenings are great too, as I'm always free by 4:30 (love my job, early start, early finish and an internet enabled computer on my desk!)

Anyone else interested?

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
Prowler's suggestion for venue works for me too - looks about a 30-45 min drive for me (traffic permitting).

As to day, well evenings would probably work better for me, but having said that anytime around rushhour could easily add an hour or more to my journey  :cry: , so I guess I would be thinking maybe meeting a bit later (say around 7-7.30 ish) to avoid the worst of the traffic if its an evening meet.

Sat 8th, 15th and 29th Jan are all good for me at the mo as is the weekend of the 5th / 6th Feb.

Chris

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.