Skip navigation

Reserection and preservation of long term stored 24.900 mile 1991 Cabl

Back to the top
Wheels done, tyres cleaned and t 20230425_172559.jpg he interior had a final vac finish & wipe down with plastic cleaner/treatment on all the rubber/plastic…then I cleaned the windows of all the "over-spray ! (grrrrrrr, I must remember to use a sheet of card to keep it off the glass next time !!!!!! ) 20230425_172622.jpg 20230425_172726.jpg

Back to the top
My tool kit came with a spanner, 13mm one end and 10mm the other so you may be missing that or VW removed it for later models?

The tools slot into the sides of the plastic case and then it lives in the spare wheel and the rubber band with hooks on holds it in the place, the hooks attach to the holes in the spare wheels.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Thanks for the info.

No sign of a spanner…..still unsure where the other tools (I am presuming they are for the roof/manual operation if the electric fails) handles go.

Back to the top
If I get chance over the long weekend I'll get a picture of how mine is but I don't have the extra tools for the roof as mine in a manual roof.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting

Back to the top

mark1gls said

If I get chance over the long weekend I'll get a picture of how mine is but I don't have the extra tools for the roof as mine in a manual roof.

Thanks Sir

Back to the top
I haven't got into my boot yet as it's raining again but I found a picture which may be some help?

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fgeneral-chat_3%2Fvw-car-jack-and-wheel

Back to the top
That is how I managed to work it out but cheers for the photo.

The question about the roof tools is still open however …. it would be unlike the Germans not to have a storage place for them ?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.