Skip navigation

Electric fuel pump for Weber carb?

Back to the top
Just an update on the fuel pump project as it’s now complete..

So first I removed  the mechanical fuel pump, swirl pot and all the associated fuel lines etc, and then blocked off the fuel return.
I fitted a Huco 133010 low pressure electric fuel pump, I also fitted an inline fuel regulator set to 2.5 psi, I replaced the disposable fuel filter with a cleanable filter and fitted new fuel lines and clips all round.

I fitted a 3mm laser cut blank where the old pump used to be, just had to shorten the bolts, electrically it’s switched from the immobiliser I fitted last year, so the ignition and fuel pump are now on the immobiliser.

Since fitted this lot I’ve done around 100 miles with no issues to report, it revs and pulls clean, yet to motorway test but I’m pretty confident it’ll be fine.

I know this is a brief post so will add some pics to better show the set up, if anyone wants more details then give me a shout.

Back to the top
20220829_174412.jpg 20220829_174211.jpg 20220829_174200.jpg 20220829_174145.jpg

Back to the top
That pump is self regulating at 2.1psi IIRC. Your regulator is redundant. I've run that on mine for years now without issues. There's a pusher version meant to be mounted near the fuel tank that runs at 4.3psi if you want more fuel pressure. They're both rated to 160hp which I'm over by a bit. No issues yet, but no long full throttle runs either.

Last edit: by nedrager

See my videos, Tom AFH

Back to the top
Hi nedrager

I agree the pressure regulator isn’t really necessary, and I may remove it. The reason I fitted it is I noticed that fuel was seeping past the float needle and dripping in the carb with the engine off.

I fitted the regulator to see if the problem lay with the pump pressure been higher than stated, but after a bit of messing I realised that it must have been the float needle either sticking or a bit dirty due to the lack of use, after a bit of carb cleaner all is well with no let by.

Apart from the Weber the engine is standard so well under 16bhp :lol:The best bit about this mod for me is reliability, so far no farts or caughs, I had a few issues with the original set-up, I also had the welding tip installed to control the return, all of that has now gone, it starts on the button, even after a week, previous it could take several attempts to start if left for a week or 2, I guess the fuel in the carb just evaporated.

thanks for the input, very helpful ;)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.