Skip navigation

** BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2018 ** - Fri 15th to Sun 17th JUNE

Back to the top

Fantastic weekend or day visit show, and hoping for record numbers of Mk1's on the stand

No automatic alt text available.

** LATEST UPDATE ** Under a week to go ! –  Quick Reference Info:

FOR CLUB STAND PLEASE HEAD IN RED GATE ENTRANCE which is the trade / production entrance

Full times further below but summary:

Friday Campers – be on site by 10:00pm

Saturday campers / day visitors – meet at convoy point (The Jubilee Inn, postcode BS48 3QX) for 08:00 or be on stand by 09:00am

Sunday visitors – Please come to stand via Red Gate Entrance and be on stand by 09:00am

Thursday Night Tickets
 If you have already booked weekend camping tickets with a vehicle pass
 you can purchase Thursday night tickets on arrival at the gate. These
 are £10 per adult.

What are the gate opening / closing times?
 Friday:
 Open 10.00am
 Close 10.00pm (holding area after this time).

Saturday:
 Day Visitors - Open 10.00am
                       Close 7.00pm. No re-entry to day visitors to trade site after 7.00pm
 Campsite -     Open 10.00am
                       Close 7.00pm

Sunday:
 Show & Shine entry: 7.00am - 9.00am. No entry after 9.00am
 Open 10.00am, Close 4.00

Hi Guys & Girls

Its that time of the year again and to try and keep the initial thread small I am going to try and keep it a bit shorter this year and stick to the headlines, but there is a lot of info to give:

Please add your name below in thread if you are coming, what days you are coming, and if you are camping :-)

For those who has not been before, or want to see what a great weekend this is - PLEASE SEE OLD PICS AND DETAILS OF WHAT TO EXPECT HERE -       https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=national_2%2Fbristol-volksfest-2016

BVF 2017 video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKt90GTRnog

So the headlines are :-)

The Show - An absolutely fantastic weekend show or even just to come along for a day, for full details please see the Bristol Volksfest Website -       http://www.bristolvolksfest.co.uk/

Dates - Fri 15th to Sun 17th June - People can come for the day, all 3 days with camping, 2 days and camping the Sat night etc or which ever combination they would like. If you could note below against your name what your intentions are that helps me with stand planning though, (i.e Sat day visitor, Sun day visitor, weekend camping etc)

Clubstand - As we support this event every year we have been asked to show in the main arena! this is great for us and great exposure for the club. The only limitation this does have is that to get on the club stand this year there will be,   Friday visitors must be on site by 8pm and  no car movement allowed between 08:30 and 16:00 on the Sat and Sun. I think this should be ok for the majority as generally most either camp on the Sat night (some Fri night to) or come as day visitors early, then leave after 16:00 anyway.

Tickets - Please    pre book tickets by the 15th May 2017. If they are not booked by then, they will not guarantee me a space for you on the club stand.

They have currently changed things this year in terms of numbers of discounted tickets, I am in discussions with them now to try and get more, as don't really think its fair or ideal.

We have:

12 Qty Mk1 Golf Owners Club - Display Camping Adult Weekend Ticket - Includes 1 Vehicle Pass -  Allocated at £35.00 each

12 Qty Mk1 Golf Owners Club - Extra Adult Weekend Ticket - Allocated at £35.00 each

So you buy the first one to get yourself and car in on club camping stand. Then the second ticket option above are for any passengers which are club camping but no car allowance (i.e passenger)

We will definitely have more than 12 cars needing camping tickets. Currently when these are gone you would need to revert down to the £40 Advance - VW Club Camping Adult Weekend Ticket - Includes 1 Vehicle Pass  ticket options shown in attached links and STATE MK1 GOLF OC WHEN YOU ORDER THEM but once I speak to them hopefully this will change

NEW LINK FOR TICKETS - https://register.weselltickets.uk/Events/35934/bristol-volksfest/Dates/51477/?showTicketTypeIds=45580,45581

** TICKETS FOR CLUB CAMPING MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE THIS YEAR **

For Day visitors - you use the same link above but choose " Advanced Saturday or Sunday Day Ticket" but please  STATE MK1 GOLF OC WHEN YOU ORDER THEM  if there is an option

This show in my opinion is a great show, it has got better and better year on year, and outside of the AGM and Malvern is one of my favourites . Also thanks to you guys, the numbers representing the club have got better and better each year and months after last year I have people commenting on how great the 2017 MK1 golf stand looked, so THANK YOU for that.

I have probably missed a few things as rushing a bit, the main thing is lets start getting some names down for

BRISTOL VOLSFEST 2018 !!

PS the venue location has changed from where it was up to 2015.  New venue address = Venue Address: Birches Farm, Long Ashton, BS41 9AG

PPS - As always I will do a   convoy in to the club stand on the Sat morning with all that want to meet, it will be 08:00 meet up close to the venue, leave by 08:15 to be parked on stand by 08:30, meeting point same as last tear -

SATURDAY MORNING CONVOY MEETING POINT 08:00  - "The Jubilee Inn", Main Road, Flax Bourton, BS48 3QX. - Its about a 5 min or so drive to the show site but there will be traffic leading up to the show site ,so we will be LEAVING MEETING POINT @ 08:15. We can then convoy in together and I can park everyone up on the sand.

I also hope to create a FACEBOOK EVENTS PAGE THIS YEAR - if I do link will be added here (but please add yourself to this main thread as this will be the master that is updated with numbers - https://www.facebook.com/events/208963182986085/

Cheers

Rich

Last edit: by richyhill

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
I WILL ADD NAMES FOR ALL THAT HAVE SAID THEY WISH TO COME on THIS THREAD HERE.

PLEASE COMMENT on THIS THREAD AND NOT JUST MARK YOURSELF AS COMING ON THE FB EVENT

1 - Richyhill - Sat/Sun - Camping (on site Fri afternoon for set up, possibly camping Fri evening also TBC)
2-  Paulwayman - Dates/Camping TBC
3- Pasty Balecke Car 1 - Sat/Sun Camping
4-  Pasty Balecke Car 2 - Sat/Sun Camping (and possibly Fri)
5- ant5 - Fri/Sat/Sun Camping (T4 + trailer)
6 - GHIA x 2 - Fri/Sat/Sun Camping (golf + campervan)
7 - Borednow - Fri/Sat/Sun Camping
8 - ChelleMk1 - Fri/Sat/Sun Camping
9 - Billy - Fri/Sat/Sun Camping
10 - Daz - Fri/Sat/Sun Camping
11 - Adam Elvin - Fri/Sat
12 - gafo x4 - Fri/Sat/Sun Camping
13. duboby - Fri/Sat/Sun Camping
14. Tonky X 3 - Fri/Sat/Sun Camping - (golf + campervan)
15. Sam1008 - Sat/Sun Camping
16. Funkstar - Fri/Sat/Sun Camping .. sausage
17. Stu Pearce - Sat/Sun - Camping (possibly camping Fri evening also TBC)
18. Mk1 Daz - Day visitor Sat or Sun TBC
19. Stu & Nikki - Sat/Sun camping (possibly Fri)
20. Arf333 - Day visitor Sat and Sun
21. Chris Taylor - Sun Day
21 Pritch91 - Sunday day …….

keep them coming , no limit on numbers !

Last edit: by richyhill

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
ok , all are welcome !! just a few names from last years or previous years threads that might be interested / people I know of that might be interested. sorry if I tagged you more than once

arf333 GHIA Ginner Fathammer dexterwallace dexterwallace91 @golfbitz Dainish n11kgh P0jy sonixboom @bawbag pearcestu Joe90k ans4r MaxCosmos mattgee sparkstu niknaks123 @Fez1 daz1971 gasco B18DUB simon green unityjon Vincent-Mk1 Mits530 coyote Regtheboy Kerbside-Timbo TheDoctor Lowfly11 CabrioAnna Elv-APX jellybelly chortle Waterworx Massbad69 Shughy funk-star Ginner Fathammer dexterwallace dexterwallace91 @golfbitz P0jy sonixboom @bawbag pearcestu Joe90k ans4r MaxCosmos mattgee @Fez1 daz1971 gasco B18DUB simon green unityjon Vincent-Mk1 Mits530 coyote Regtheboy Kerbside-Timbo TheDoctor Lowfly11 CabrioAnna Elv-APX jellybelly chortle Waterworx Massbad69 Shughy funk-star Yomp   Dainish arf333 Laracb daz1971 ijs1985 gasco GHIA sportlinecab n11kgh walejase TheDoctor dude10028 PewseyVdub2011 baywong8 Scottyyy funk-star kandg120 graham 16v RattyDub arf333 Lara Walker Yomp Dainish daz1971 ijs1985 GHIA Laracb sportlinecab dude10028 baywong8 sparkstu niknaks123 jellybelly Ginner (expect to see you this year gas head!) Trizcatt02 Pasty Balecke RattyDub Deandubya ans4r (no excuses this year brother Crow) Dean May TeeTee Theo/clipper Dainish dude10028 borednow Lara Walker Yomp Pasty Balecke Deandubya mattgee J_foot Tonky arf333 Macca Paulwayman Hairyarse LittleHairyarse kamikaze cabby Trizcatt02 dubboy daz1971 sparkstu niknaks123 36thcrazyfist funk-star GHIA Bensmk1

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
lhasadreams could you be as so kind as to pin this in the National section for me please? I can never work out how to do it.  O_o

If its not clashing with Deva this year, would be great to see all you guys down for it :-)

Happy New Year mate, Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Hey mate, either you posted in the right place or one of the other mods beat me to it and moved it!
It is Deva the weekend before, so not sure at the moment!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
JUST SPOTTED THIS ON WEBSITE !

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST
15, 16, 17 june 2018

After an epic 25th anniversary celebration and a mammoth move to a new venue, plans for BVF26 are already well under way.

The biggest change going forward is that weekend camping tickets will only be available in advance, tickets will not be available for purchase on the gate.

New for 2018:
- More fields. The farmers have kindly given us permission to use two more fields so that ALL camping and day visitor parking will be onsite (not across the road).
- More water points for campers.
- Tickets for weekend camping will only be available in advance.
- New entrance for pedestrians and day visitors
- More entertainment on Sunday

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
lhasadreams , thanks mate, I posted in National section, just wanted to pin at top so people can find it easy, as usually good amount of interest.

Such a pain Deva is on so close each year as could up the numbers by 20+ if everyone came :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Will sort tickets ASAP 😁

Back to the top
Im in boss. Two cars for sat and sun with camping. And possibly camping for one car on fri night.

@volkswhores 

Back to the top
I'm going, it's a fantastic show if you have not been before. Plan on going Friday night for whole weekend, 
Will be me and Mrs ant5 🤗
Will bring the t4 and 1/2 mk1 trailer 😁

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Hi Rich. Very organised this year 😉 Ben and I in mk1 and van in lieu of tent.  May have some offspring but all in same vehicles. X

Back to the top
Yup.

Count me in.

Hopefully I shall actually be in a golf this time!  :thumbs:

I'll confirm with this lot down here on numbers too.

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Hairyarse get you and LittleHairyarse involved! you will have a great weekend

GHIA thanks! beat my record by 2 months I think, earliest I have done it was March last year. Think its gona be a big one this year and as all camping tickets have to be pre booked I wanted to start early

I bet I have to chase everyone one week before the deadline though lol, well most ;-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
borednow - Great mate, perfect, if you can get your numbers together and just update me on here that would be ace  :thumbs:

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
I'm coming - just me and a golf :-) all weekend x

chelle

long live bew:)

Back to the top
I'm wanting to come one day so which would be best?

Back to the top
list updated

Don't forget don't just say you are coming on Facebook event, I need you to post here so I can add you to the list.

mk1 daz depends on what you are looking for.

Sunday is the show and shine day,

Saturday is a mixed day and also you benefit from grabbing a bit of the evening entertainment

There is plenty that camp on the Sat night if you are not local and wanted to camp

Cheers

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Yo richyhill

Code for the discount don't seem to want to work.

Any ideas?

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
borednow let me email them, they said they need to make it active after I have confirmed

I have confirmed! so it should be active

Will chase them now

1.8T CABBY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.