Skip navigation

Wolfsburg-Berlin-Somerset-East Dulwich

Back to the top
Drove the car back to my dad's early this morning. That involves London, Dartford tunnel and motorway and it was all no issue. The new rad and the additional air channels I cut in the new grille seem to really keep the temps down even in standstill traffic, and it didn't conk out! Definitely not as stress free as a modern, but the work done seems to have made it reliable.

One thing that has to be changed, bearing in mind that I'm selling though, is the suspension. Who fits these sh1t coil overs and thinks they do anything for the car?! Real rubbish. 

The spline adaptor is arriving next week and I'll get the Nardi wheel on and try to do some other bits before pictures.

Back to the top
Hi I have just found this forum and wanted to let you know that I am the original owner of VW Golf PNH543Y

It was amazing to see that she is still around and having so much work done. I appreciate your last post was 2019 but if you would like history from when we picked her up in Wolfsburg to when we sold her in Cheltenham please feel free to contact me

Back to the top

Lhasa lady said

Hi I have just found this forum and wanted to let you know that I am the original owner of VW Golf PNH543Y

It was amazing to see that she is still around and having so much work done. I appreciate your last post was 2019 but if you would like history from when we picked her up in Wolfsburg to when we sold her in Cheltenham please feel free to contact me

Hi Lhasa Lady, PNH 543Y lives on, I bought her from Damien and she's now undergoing a complete nut & bolt restoration. You can check out the story so far here
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=projects%2Fyour-mk1-golfs_2%2Fpistolpete-s-lhasa

It'd be great to get your history on the car if you want to send me a private message.

Thanks
Peter

Back to the top
Hi I am having difficulty with private messaging you could you set up a private message I can reply to
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.