Skip navigation

The AG 2015 Improvement Thread

Back to the top

Please give us feedback

Shughy said

Some constructive comments - in response to one above it was done a couple of years back where the winners were brought into an enclosure and all onlookers/audience were sitting down and not standing which would save the legs after walking around looking at the motors. Think it had a nice ceremony feel to it. Plus you would get to see what car won what category etc

2012 AGM

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
how about ask my mate to join us next year in the beer buz. his organising a show in bridgnorth as well in september heres the link
VW Mobile Bar Hire | Cask Ales Festival Bar Hire | Outdoor Venue Bar

2006 MK V VW GOLF GTI EDITION 30 (OLLI)
1983 MK1 VW GOLF GL 1.5
1979 VW T2 BAYWINDOW DEVON MOONRAKER CAMPER (NANCY)

Back to the top

arf333 said

Shughy said

Some constructive comments - in response to one above it was done a couple of years back where the winners were brought into an enclosure and all onlookers/audience were sitting down and not standing which would save the legs after walking around looking at the motors. Think it had a nice ceremony feel to it. Plus you would get to see what car won what category etc

2012 AGM

I was thinking that last night Scott when I saw the post! Good idea, can sit and view, like when we used it for the meeting Saturday morning.

I don't know if we're ok to use the area on the Sunday? I don't see why not

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
arf333 - this would be awesome.. roll back to 2012  :lol:

Back to the top
im just collationg all of the points and will post them up later on :)

Banner

Back to the top
so i've collated the points together so have a read, anything i've missed or you've just thought of let me know

we need feedback in order to improve the event for next year

Venue
-   Sprinklers!!!!
-   Entrance over racecourse!!!!
-   Cricket Pitch!!!!
Camping  Area
-   More bins around the camping and show area
-   More toilets plus Females ones both ends of the field
-   Improvements to showers (not cold), closer to the camping area
Show n Shine
-   Show n Shine winners cars displayed
-   Show n Shine Times when entering (not allowed to leave till after presentations)
-   Show n Shine Judging sheets 1st & 2nd checked for correct information
-   Shorten the Raffle (pretty impossible)
Catering
-   Different catering on Sunday
-   Drink tent (soft and beer maybe)
Sunday Show Day
-   More Traders [always gets mentioned]
-   Day parking Mk1's separate to others
-   Trader being arranged better, Detailers in the show n shine area (OCD Finish request)
Saturday
-   A better stop over on drive out rally
-   Larger signs around the drive out

Banner

Back to the top
Matt

If you get all that sorted for Monday, that would be a great start as Chairman 😉

Chris

Back to the top
me and dan are already onto the racecourse with all the venue issues :)

the committee never sleep  O_o

Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

What about the Staffordshire show ground or something like that not too far down the road? we drive past it on route and on the way home each year, looks like a big place … Might have the room required for show and shine, could do evening entertainment in marque … ? if they have no club house

+1 on this, Stafford Showground is pretty large to be honest and has indoor and outdoor spaces.

Being in Cornwall, both are a fair distance away for us but at least Stafford is much closer to major road links. Aside from those using the M1, Uttoxeter involves a brain-numbing journey along the A518 - great if you have power for overtaking, but not so much for the slower vehicles.

Personally then, I'd prefer a location closer to more major road routes. Or somewhere in Cornwall :lol:

Bluefox
Current: '84 Golf C 1.9 TDI | '83 Golf GX | '01 Polo 1.6 GTI | '01 Audi A2 TDI SE | '83 MG Metro | '06 Daughter!
Previous: Yep.

Back to the top
I've already given my feedback along with plenty of others, but as I was working today it struck me that I'd missed one more point…

The music being played over the show 'n shine area was like a teenage girl's bedroom - bloody Rihanna!

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
Excellent points raised here !!!

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
well,i really enjoy the 3 days of getting away from my hectic life,so im not going to complain about anything,i like the venue due to Tesco and kfc and a pub so close,i don't like sand on my car but its not the end of the world and I didn't get caught in the sprinklers lol,a big thanks from me for the team organising the long weekend too
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
For a venue, what a about a proper 'Race Track' in central England?
Might be a bit pricey but all the facilities are there and would be one hell of a crack into the bargain!

So maybe the idea above is a bit (make it a lot) OTT, so what about an Aerodrome like Top Gear uses?
There's plenty around and most are not used that much.

At least we'd be fairly sure of being away from some of the issues of using a 'Race Course', like muddy entrance, sprinklers going nuts and so forth!

Just an idea but I guess it doesn't hold as much water as a Cabby with the top down in Monsoon season.  :lol:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
I've been thinking about the venue, if we can address some of the issues, Uttoxeter is a great venue as we don't have to spend a great deal of time setting up and we have all the amenities close by and is central in the country. You have to think about how far the furthest people are having to travel and the committee to organise it and visit site to organise.
If you think about using somewhere like Stafford showground,
1. The HS2 railway is going to go straight through it!
2. Miles away from shops to get supplies.
3. When people do not want to camp, currently we have B&B and hotels in walking distance of the racecourse.

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

I've been thinking about the venue, if we can address some of the issues, Uttoxeter is a great venue as we don't have to spend a great deal of time setting up and we have all the amenities close by and is central in the country. You have to think about how far the furthest people are having to travel and the committee to organise it and visit site to organise.
If you think about using somewhere like Stafford showground,
1. The HS2 railway is going to go straight through it!
2. Miles away from shops to get supplies.
3. When people do not want to camp, currently we have B&B and hotels in walking distance of the racecourse.

Didn't realise HS2 was going to go through it, that's interesting. Still, a long way off I'd guess.

As for shops, there's an Asda a 5 minute drive down the A518 and a 24h Esso petrol station next door.

Bluefox
Current: '84 Golf C 1.9 TDI | '83 Golf GX | '01 Polo 1.6 GTI | '01 Audi A2 TDI SE | '83 MG Metro | '06 Daughter!
Previous: Yep.

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

For a venue, what a about a proper 'Race Track' in central England?
Might be a bit pricey but all the facilities are there and would be one hell of a crack into the bargain!

So maybe the idea above is a bit (make it a lot) OTT, so what about an Aerodrome like Top Gear uses?
There's plenty around and most are not used that much.

At least we'd be fairly sure of being away from some of the issues of using a 'Race Course', like muddy entrance, sprinklers going nuts and so forth!

Just an idea but I guess it doesn't hold as much water as a Cabby with the top down in Monsoon season.  :lol:

Yeah let's use the venue where the top gear track is :D  

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
I enjoyed the AGM very much.  It is interesting to see some of the comments.  Especially about the sand and sprinklers!

To make the show a lot bigger and more inclusive, I think we should link up with the mk1 Caddy owners.  They could share our annual gathering.

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top

butleraw said

I enjoyed the AGM very much.  It is interesting to see some of the comments.  Especially about the sand and sprinklers!

To make the show a lot bigger and more inclusive, I think we should link up with the mk1 Caddy owners.  They could share our annual gathering.

To be honest I'm not sure about this idea but then I don't call the shots.
I feel it would start a bit of rivalry between the two groups, no matter how well intended it maybe.

Might be good to try a joint day or weekend event but this is our 'Annual General Meeting' (AGM).

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.