Skip navigation

The AG 2015 Improvement Thread

Back to the top

Please give us feedback

This thread is just that, somewhere for you to give us feedback and suggestion on what we could improve on next year’s gathering, there is always room for improvement but please be sensible

We already have a few things we would like to do but what would you like us to do?

:)Venue
  • Sprinklers!!!!
  • Entrance over racecourse!!!!
  • Cricket Pitch!!!!
Camping  Area
  • More bins around the camping and show area
  • More toilets plus Females ones both ends of the field
  • Improvements to showers (not cold), closer to the camping area
Show n Shine
  • Show n Shine winners cars displayed
  • Show n Shine Times when entering (not allowed to leave till after presentations)
  • Show n Shine Judging sheets 1st & 2nd checked for correct information
  • Shorten the Raffle (pretty impossible)
Catering
  • Different catering on Sunday
  • Drink tent (soft and beer maybe)
Sunday Show Day
  • More Traders [always gets mentioned]
  • Day parking Mk1’s separate to others
  • Trader being arranged better, Detailers in the show n shine area (OCD Finish request)
Saturday
  • A better stop over on drive out rally
  • Larger signs around the drive out

Last edit: by jellybelly

Banner

Back to the top
There are bound to be some points Matt, but for me I think this year was spot on and was the best AGM so far.
 :thumbs:
Dazzle

Banner

Back to the top
Nit picking tbh.

Raffle took way to long, I know there was a lot of prizes and I don't have an answer to shorten it.

More bins on site.

More scenic drive out stopover and with better facilities.

These are tiny points from a great well organised weekend.

Back to the top
My first AGM and it was awesome, had a great time putting faces to forum usernames :)..

There was one minor downside, my car is always mint and the first time its been dirty was as soon as i drove into the racecourse, got mud in places i never knew existed and a whole lot more up the side roof etc etc ha, even had to stop in a layby on the way home to clean it :)and spent most of the evening Sunday getting the rest off..

So for me is it possible to use another entrance as i want to enter the show and shine next year.. :):)Apart from that it was awesome..

Last edit: by snoopin

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

More bins on site.

Yeah, defo the bins, the racecourse had forgot until I reminded them early Saturday morning ;)

As for the drive out, made me laugh, 1 car went wrong and another 86 cars followed!!! and missed out about 8 miles of lovely scenic countryside, through Shugborough estate, Cannock Chase, tiny humped backed bridges over the canal and the photographer! :lol:  :lol:  nevermind, there's always next year :thumbs:

All good though, keep suggestions coming…

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
The drive was lovely, flowed well and was lovely and mellow.

Back to the top
when you are giving the prizes, can you say what car and where (ish) it is.
for me, i'd like to know which cars won, as i probably don't know the owners so have no idea which one is theirs…

for example i don't know which was best modded cabby - all very well a guy called "john smith" coming up and getting his prize, but what does he drive?

would be cool if you could do that for next year?

other than that awesome show guys, loved it - well done, and i'll be back for sure!

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
Agreed, mud on entrance is a bummer when you've probs spent the day before cleaning etc. Think it also puts some folks off doing the cruise knowing they got to clean it again.

More people attending so more bins and toilets needed.
Showers was also cold Sunday morning so guessing the gas had run dry.

92 caddy, Now stripped for full rebuild
83 golf gti R1 carbed 16v(soon to have 1.8T)
07 Leon FR TDI daily

Cambridgeshire regional host

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

Massbad69 said

More bins on site.

Yeah, defo the bins, the racecourse had forgot until I reminded them early Saturday morning ;)

As for the drive out, made me laugh, 1 car went wrong and another 86 cars followed!!! and missed out about 8 miles of lovely scenic countryside, through Shugborough estate, Cannock Chase, tiny humped backed bridges over the canal and the photographer! :lol:  :lol:  nevermind, there's always next year :thumbs:

All good though, keep suggestions coming…

Sorry never meant the drive wasn't scenic, I meant the venue where we stopped was poor, the drive was great.

Back to the top

richievr said

when you are giving the prizes, can you say what car and where (ish) it is.
for me, i'd like to know which cars won, as i probably don't know the owners so have no idea which one is theirs…

for example i don't know which was best modded cabby - all very well a guy called "john smith" coming up and getting his prize, but what does he drive?

:thumbs:

92 caddy, Now stripped for full rebuild
83 golf gti R1 carbed 16v(soon to have 1.8T)
07 Leon FR TDI daily

Cambridgeshire regional host

Back to the top
the racecourse binmen never turned us saturday morning so that partly why we didnt get any more or the bins emptied

Banner

Back to the top
I tried as much as I could to keep the raffle going as a quickly as I could. At one point we had a few lads queuing up to look a the prizes. 

Re the names and cars, that's a fair point. I picked the sheet up and couldn't see the cars details on it, just the owners name & registration. I may have missed them though. 

Re the course and the sand. Quite a few people mentioned it to me. The problem is, is that we are in the centre of the course and the course had racing today so had to water the crossings to keep them soft. 

Perhaps boarding could help but that's extra expense and it would cause addition issues regarding the removal. 

Back to the top
Find a venue Closer to Cornwall…  :ninja:

Joking aside, was my first agm and I thought it was great.

1985 Cabriolet GL

Back to the top
Dan

I don't think there is an answer to the raffle length tbh !!

Just felt ages when standing there.

The prize giving was quick and perfect :-)

Back to the top

Dano said

Re the names and cars, that's a fair point. I picked the sheet up and couldn't see the cars details on it, just the owners name & registration. I may have missed them though. 

the reg would help! at least then you can go and find it and go have a final look over and say to yourself " i see why that won! its lush!!!!! :lol:  :lol: "

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
I think the event is fantastic, and pretty much the only show in my calendar in more recent years. It's friendly, relaxed, and there's something for kids too.
The catering was good, if not slightly limited on range. Perhaps inviting an alternative caterer would be beneficial, as it would give choice and reduce queues.
There didn't seem to be as many traders there as in previous years. I was expecting a larger auto-jumble/spares attendance.
The prize giving ceremony could be slicker, and the raffle seemed to go on for ages.
My only gripe is with the venue really. The location is fairly central, and once you're there it's good, but that entrance is just really annoying. It had many of us cursing as we had to drive 'prepared' cars through industrial sprinklers and across that coarse beige grit. It took me an hour to remove all the traces of it. I mentioned it last year, and it's not been met with a solution. Also, I know that in previous years their sprinkler system near the show area was spraying the cars all morning and leaving white dots all over them. It would be a shame to have to move the show from there, but what's the solution?
Another point to consider is whether or not the attendance numbers were up, as the show area seemed to be nearer capacity than previous years. Will we outgrow the show area next year perhaps?
I don't know who to congratulate, but the whole show was very much enjoyed by myself, and I can't wait for the next, but if we don't critique it, we can't make it better I guess. Well done!

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top
Could they not just delay the watering of the course till Monday?

The cricket seemed an issue this time a car got damaged but next time it could be a person with a cricket ball in the head :(

Back to the top
Well I would like to say for me this was my best AGM to date, and hats off to all that helped and organised etc, I am on a proper downer today that its over.

I think this thread each year is really good, I was talking to a few towards the end of the Sunday and the following came up:

(1) Sand and Sprinklers at Entrance - as been mentioned bit tricky if they are racing, boarding might be worth a shout though

(2) Showers were cold, Sat and Sunday I heard. I am not sure if anyone actually reported to the committee so an engineer or something could be called? If you are interested Bristol Volksfest have an awesome artic trailer with showers in , I could find out what company it is that' provides it if the committee is interested.

(3) Perhaps portaloo's each end of camping filed as well? Loo's tended to be in high demand a lot

(4) I thought the drive out was ace, route was mint, distance perfect but mid point venue not as good as last year, I thought the opportunity to have a pint at the place we stopped at last year was really nice, and also with other members of the public there some chats about mk1's were soon started  :)(5) Catering van on site - A few mentioned to me how long they were queuing in the day for the catering van, might be worth another one next year?

(6) Parking, I think next to where the traders were, the field where most was parking it might be worth marking out Mk1 Golf parking and general parking, as prob would have looked great if day visitors on the Sat / Sunday had segregated parking etc

(7) Consideration of a security patrol over the evenings of Fri & Sat ?

(8) Raffle - I actually think Dano did a great job at getting through such a generous selection of prizes and quick as he could, however just a suggestion, not necessarily the best for the winners but could you allocate prizes from best prize first pulled out to  smaller prizes last pulled out, so it eliminates the choosing etc?

The above is just general feedback, I know a lot goes into the weekend, and only so much is achievable, and I love it year on year!

Roll on AGM 2015 !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Some good things coming here guys

as for the sprinklers i had arranged for them not be on at the entrance in the morning and around the show, but did ask the judges to be mindful of the water and the dirt as it cannot be helped and they were.

we had 3 traders not show up on the day which was a shame and very little interest in the autojumblers but i wouldnt know where to put them if they did show

will we outgrow the show and shine area next year i dont know but its something to think about

Banner

Back to the top
What about the Staffordshire show ground or something like that not too far down the road? we drive past it on route and on the way home each year, looks like a big place ... Might have the room required for show and shine, could do evening entertainment in marque ... ? if they have no club house

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.