Skip navigation

Stolen centre caps

Back to the top

Not happy

You didn't ruin the weekend with your comments mate.

It's just a shame that this has happened, I hope we manage to find the culprit!

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
Yep, it really is frustrating and quite maddening with such actions. Out of curiosity, which two caps went awol?

Would make you want to be sick!  :@ 
…but you done that Saturday instead! :o

Sorry, I couldn't resist  :thumbs:

Last edit: by Craigt

Back to the top
Macca,i was double gutted reading this,i had two bbs caps nicked at north weald,
im gonna try & replace but had no luck @ moment,if a set comes up you wanna go half?
Mine were original,but will buy replicas if i get a chance,then when i park up now,i will
pull off anything that can be nicked :(

Back to the top
Craig
It was the drivers side 2 that they took.
Skipper1
Yes if we have to buy 4 then that would be an idea. Sorry to hear that you've suffered the same fate. My centres were black with the chrome nut.
I'm struggling to find anywhere that supplies them at the moment though, so if you come across any then let me know. I will do the same.
Greig

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top
Greig,i suppose it could b funny,they took both my N/S (passenger)!!!My dimple ring is alloy with
a "chrome" finish hex nut,ill try & put a pic up,mine are off 15" wheels(if that makes a difference?)
kieran

Back to the top
Iv just come on the forum today after the AGM and im shocked at what im reading, gutted for you Macca

mk1jim them young lads were sound mate :thumbs: i cant see them doing anything like this…..

Im a Firm believer of What goes around - Comes around……….SO, whoever done it…… Il give you a chance to post to one of my work addresses anonymously. and being committee member, il make 100% sure Macca will get them back…… what you say?

Name & Address:
Ansar Mahmood
304 Rookery Rd, Birmingham, B21 9QG

:thumbs:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Just to add a bit more encouragement to Ansar's comments above… I've emailed the course events manager to see about getting some CCTV footage downloaded.
If I can get it I WILL be reviewing very carefully. 

I do this for a living on very serious matters and have the patience, time and drive to root out people who steal from our club members. 

Do yourself a favour, post the caps to Ansar BEFORE the CCTV lands on my doormat and we'll say no more. If I find out who you are after I've looked at the footage, we'll deal with it another way. 

Fair??? 

Back to the top
Nice one Dano.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Thanks again everyone. The support and assistance Ive received from committee members and club members has been amazing.

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top
Firstly I hope these people read this thread, realise what they have done and grow a conscience.. Its a shame these are so difficult to get hold of or I am sure there would be plenty of people on here come foreward and help you out replacing them.. I wish I had some I could send you.. It turns my stomache to think of people looking at our cars with a view to what they can remove and take with them.. It really beggars belief.. So I send you my sympathy and also bump this back up to the top.. I don't want to see this thread fade away ang get forgotten…. Not at least until Skipper1 has shown us all a close up photo of his "Dimple ring!"…  :$

Back to the top
P.S…. Sorry for my shocking spelling mistakes.. The thought of the photo had me all fingers and thumbs!!
 :$

Back to the top
Macca , gutted to hear that this happened, I've heard of this happening at other shows; but being my first AGM also, I got the overall feeling that the club is like a large family and this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

From other comments/reaction above this seems to be a very isolated incident and one that certainly has annoyed the committee and members.

Hoping the solidarity is some comfort that we are all on the same page regarding this behaviour. Dano - get the CCTV tapes reviewed and nail them.      

Back to the top
Walt, I'm in lanzarote at the moment, 
Trying to keep my "dimple ring" from burning :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.