Skip navigation

Advice for a newbie - Mk1 Cabriolet

Back to the top
Great news on getting it sorted and keeping it!

Now you can come to the next London meet!

I don't know anyone in the area though, I'll add you to the London Group and you can ask in there (I've only set it up a few weeks ago though so not that many people yet!)

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
Its good to hear you have found the love again and are planning on keeping him.

Over the years i have thought about selling mine. Our baby boy was born 17 months ago and since having him we have not been able to do much with our mk1 (Charlotte) so discussed selling her but although we talk about it i can never actually bring myself to sell she. she is part of the family now. all the family and friends refer to her as Charlotte anyone from outside hearing our discussions about her would think we were talking about a person lol.

Good luck for the future :)

:ocf_emoticons__icon_wink: :ocf_emoticons__icon_wink:

Back to the top

36thCrazyFist said

Great news on getting it sorted and keeping it!

Now you can come to the next London meet!

I don't know anyone in the area though, I'll add you to the London Group and you can ask in there (I've only set it up a few weeks ago though so not that many people yet!)

Thanks - sounds great!

Back to the top

H13STV said

Its good to hear you have found the love again and are planning on keeping him.

Over the years i have thought about selling mine. Our baby boy was born 17 months ago and since having him we have not been able to do much with our mk1 (Charlotte) so discussed selling her but although we talk about it i can never actually bring myself to sell she. she is part of the family now. all the family and friends refer to her as Charlotte anyone from outside hearing our discussions about her would think we were talking about a person lol.

Good luck for the future :)

Thanks!   :)     Glad to hear you've kept Charlotte too.  My very first and only other car was a VW Polo - it was green and I called it Minty!

Back to the top
Glad to hear you got it sorted. I think we all go through the negative view at some point (usually over winter when the cabby is sorn). I even put mine half heartedly up for sale, got as viewing and an injector packed up!! safe to say I didn't sell, 120 notes and four injectors later I'm using her as my daily…. would I sell her now? no way!

All old cars have niggles and issues, if you're just going to buy another classic, in 6 months you'll be on another forum asking for repair advice!! incidentally Spray Shack, 20 mins from Stansted sprayed mine, I can pm details if you like?

Back to the top

Gony59 said

Glad to hear you got it sorted. I think we all go through the negative view at some point (usually over winter when the cabby is sorn). I even put mine half heartedly up for sale, got as viewing and an injector packed up!! safe to say I didn't sell, 120 notes and four injectors later I'm using her as my daily…. would I sell her now? no way!

All old cars have niggles and issues, if you're just going to buy another classic, in 6 months you'll be on another forum asking for repair advice!! incidentally Spray Shack, 20 mins from Stansted sprayed mine, I can pm details if you like?

Glad you kept yours tool   Yes please to details of Spray Shack.  Would be good to know roughly how much it cost.

Back to the top
Pm'd.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.